Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
For those who have installed Trail Tech Vapors (Read 208 times)
elricfate

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: For those who have installed Trail Tech Vapors
Reply #30 - 06/02/18 at 04:01:10

Dave wrote on 06/01/18 at 14:51:03:
elricfate wrote on 06/01/18 at 14:39:28:
Welp, speedo is mostly spot on... but the rev counter is nuts. I need a resistor tach cable. :/

Yep....I needed that as well on the Ninja.

Also....the outdoor temperature reading will likely be off by 10 - 15 degrees!

The air temp is actually close to accurate. It was 83*, the temp read as 86* -- I think, based on placement and lack of heat from the engine affecting it, it might be mostly ok.

But yea, I got lazy and just ordered the resistored tach instead of making my own. I had a disbursement in the Paypal account from the forum I run anyways, so it was an easy decision.

IP Logged
elricfate

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: For those who have installed Trail Tech Vapors
Reply #31 - 06/06/18 at 05:47:29

Welp.

The unit I got came with a single cable tach that is inherently unreliable on the coil. So I ordered a cable with a resistor, it's a two wire cable, but the unit I have doesn't have a connector wire for the ground... so the ground is useless. So I hooked up just the positive with the resistor, no response from the tach at all.

So I strip the resistor off, solder it in-line with the single wire I already had, no response from the tach. So the resistor isn't allowing the voltage to be sensed...

and I'm done. I don't need a tach. Everything else works.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 11:24:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › For those who have installed Trail Tech Vapors

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.