Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Just Another Day In The Country With The Most Guns (Read 348 times)
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Just Another Day In The Country With The Most
Reply #45 - 02/17/18 at 07:36:07

As usual, u miss da point.  Guns in stressful situations lead to accidental killing.  Even with the "professionals" so why put our children at greater risk arming everyone in a school.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 02/17/18 at 07:52:07

Trippah wrote on 02/17/18 at 07:36:07:
As usual, u miss da point.  Guns in stressful situations lead to accidental killing.  Even with the "professionals" so why put our children at greater risk arming everyone in a school.

+1

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 02/17/18 at 08:38:47

I guess that's why everyone in the secret service is unarmed, because protecting the elected representatives requires that.
You're inverting reality and pretending you're smart.
Look around. Nothing reflects the reality you are selling.
And TT gives you the
Big Plus One
So not surprising.
So separate from reality.
You guys are actually serious here, right?
It's not a joke?
Really?
Are you sure?
You can say you were just joking.

Try this

You're the only adult. Fifteen eight year old kids and you, in a room.
The door has no lock, and there is a man with a gun, going room by room, killing people.
There is a pistol in the desk .

You
Take the pistol, order the kids to the back of the room, position yourself to be able to cover the door and wait,
Or,
You're so afraid of your inability to do anything right, you just wait for death
Or
You just shoot yourself..
What's your plan?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 02/17/18 at 09:37:23

So you really think schools can just start issuing guns to staff?

What are your state laws regarding this?

Where I'm from you can not just hand out pistols in schools, also you can not just budget tax dollars for the acquisition of firearms/ammunition and staff training.

Its illegal to allocate education funds for reasons other than education.  Can you provide a small mock-up of a tax plan that might fund something like this?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #49 - 02/17/18 at 09:52:02

Eegore wrote on 02/17/18 at 09:37:23:
" ... Can you provide a small mock-up of a tax plan that might fund something like this?..."  (In another post): "... I'd be interested in how the funding works,..."

Why are you always asking,
WHO, is going to Pay ?????

I live in the Country, their are 3 towns around me, their is a school in each town.
I KNOW, teachers in Each School,
who Have guns, Shoot, are Skilled, And have Carry Permits.

If asked, they would 'carry' and Defend.
And NOT, Ask to be  PAID   !!!!!!!

Guessing the people that want to be PAID,
everytime they get up from a chair.

Would most probably come from the long list of groups,
I frequently post of.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 02/17/18 at 12:10:07

I ask who's going to pay because not everyone lives in the country with people they know who will volunteer to carry guns in schools.

Legally where I am volunteers can not carry guns in schools.  Its illegal, so to make it legal we need to change laws.

Taxpayers that vote for these changes in law will want to know that "volunteers" (not ones you know, ones that live in literally everywhere else in the country) will be vetted.

In TX they run a psych evaluation, but somebody pays for that evaluation.  There's active shooter training, somebody pays for that.  Somebody put together the paperwork that gets filed by the city and city workers get paid to maintain those records - taxpayers pay for that, so now we need volunteers to work for the city as well.

That's great that where you live there's people you know that will roam schools for free and its legal but that doesn't apply where I live.  So where I am we need to justify funding, the school near my house needs 14 armed persons per day to cover the grounds at 100 plus hours per week.  We need to find 4 metal detector units to be donated, free training and maintenance and volunteer staff at 100 hours per week.

We need to know who pays for the vetting process, the training and the legal protections for the District if a child gets killed by a volunteer.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #51 - 02/17/18 at 12:35:31

I'd bet the cops would gladly run a few teachers through the training.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 02/17/18 at 13:52:46

Eegore wrote on 02/17/18 at 09:37:23:
 So you really think schools can just start issuing guns to staff?

Well Eegore - it's guys that think that who voted for our current president!  Grin

What are your state laws regarding this?

Where I'm from you can not just hand out pistols in schools, also you can not just budget tax dollars for the acquisition of firearms/ammunition and staff training.

Its illegal to allocate education funds for reasons other than education.  Can you provide a small mock-up of a tax plan that might fund something like this?

+1

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 02/17/18 at 13:55:34

Eegore wrote on 02/17/18 at 12:10:07:
 I ask who's going to pay because not everyone lives in the country with people they know who will volunteer to carry guns in schools.

Hell, most schools can't afford markers for the boards or paper towels.

Legally where I am volunteers can not carry guns in schools.  Its illegal, so to make it legal we need to change laws.

Taxpayers that vote for these changes in law will want to know that "volunteers" (not ones you know, ones that live in literally everywhere else in the country) will be vetted.

In TX they run a psych evaluation, but somebody pays for that evaluation.  There's active shooter training, somebody pays for that.  Somebody put together the paperwork that gets filed by the city and city workers get paid to maintain those records - taxpayers pay for that, so now we need volunteers to work for the city as well.

That's great that where you live there's people you know that will roam schools for free and its legal but that doesn't apply where I live.  So where I am we need to justify funding, the school near my house needs 14 armed persons per day to cover the grounds at 100 plus hours per week.  We need to find 4 metal detector units to be donated, free training and maintenance and volunteer staff at 100 hours per week.

We need to know who pays for the vetting process, the training and the legal protections for the District if a child gets killed by a volunteer.

Too much realistic thinking there Eegore!   Wink

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 02/17/18 at 14:04:23

"I'd bet the cops would gladly run a few teachers through the training."

Who pays cops? Where is the facility? Who supplies ammunition police use?

The taxpayer.  

We can not where I live use taxpayer dollars for anything people think up - there's a system and it is voted on.  Police can "volunteer" to teach but that will violate the terms of their employment unless they are a certified instructor.  

I don't go to panels and write suggestions for local legislation with "I bet" as a method.  I need actual numbers and actual people that can do the said work.  We can not just have local police come teach people how to carry guns in schools because we think its a good idea, we need to follow laws.  We need a budget.

Say its "easy" all day long but for people actually out there doing the groundwork its a different story.  Its much more involved than just typing it on a forum.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #55 - 02/17/18 at 15:30:06

It's being done in Texas..
Must not be impossible

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 02/17/18 at 15:38:50

Its not impossible, nobody I know has said that.  In TX very few schools use the "School Marshall" program that the law provided.

Its also not "easy", and from a logistics/cost perspective its not the most effective at this time where I live.

The point is people want to say that they know people that would volunteer to walk schools with guns and consider it a closed deal... problem solved... when its not even close.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #57 - 02/17/18 at 15:45:19

Okay, maybe the big problem is obstacles . It should be a local issue. Whatever the people in the school system want to do.
Elections exist for a reason.
Let the people speak.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #58 - 02/17/18 at 16:18:20

“…people want to say that they know people that would volunteer to walk schools with guns …”
“…people you know that will roam schools for free…”

Who said that above ?

What I said,
 In Describing, TEACHERS,
(To make it clearer, a  Person, who, Teaches, has a Job Teaching, Is Employed Teaching)
“… If asked, they would ‘carry' and Defend.
And NOT, Ask to be  PAID …”

(Again, that would be, the People that are already paid and employed, as, ‘Teachers’)

Would it be,  hard or easy?  
One can work to Solve, or one can work to Hinder.

From the posts, rather easy to see,
Who is working, Hard,  to MAKE  it Hard.

A Person hired to sweep the floors,
 can NOT, take a piece of tape off a wall,
   Because:    “Not My Job, It’s Someones Else’s Job to take tape off a wall!”

A Person hired to sweep the floors,
 takes a piece of tape off a wall,
as he/she seeps the floor next it.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #59 - 02/18/18 at 19:53:34

"What I said,
In Describing, TEACHERS,
(To make it clearer, a  Person, who, Teaches, has a Job Teaching, Is Employed Teaching)
“… If asked, they would ‘carry' and Defend.
And NOT, Ask to be  PAID …”
(Again, that would be, the People that are already paid and employed, as, ‘Teachers’)

Would it be,  hard or easy?  
One can work to Solve, or one can work to Hinder."

So you mean to say they would carry without being paid "additional" wages because they have a firearm?

It may be easy in some places, unfortunately in others there's laws that prohibit teachers from volunteering to carry guns.  There needs to be legal change and a financial resolution.  Again that's why I ask about where financial compensation exists.

Saying its easy doesn't change the law and doesn't make it easy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 06:32:58

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Just Another Day In The Country With The Most Guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.