Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: How queer is this?
Reply #16 - 10/31/17 at 09:50:52

Dragging Russia into this is more than a stretch ray....

It's something of a tradition that sexually confused, repressed boys that are raised religious, gravitate towards the clergy...

I wouldn't extend your anti-religious prejudice to explain this away completely. How many occupations are completely male and that person has implied or direct authority over minors? Not many.

The statistics skew accordingly because of the large percentage of homosexuals. Like I said, that's an uncomfortable, but absolute fact that society has a hard time even whispering.

Is it a problem of the Church's own making?  I'd have to say yes. As the report details, people in higher positions recruited or perhaps it's more fair to say refused to reject, a higher percentage of candidates that were gay. Was that because those bishops and others in higher positions were likewise gay? Seems likely. Predictive demographics rears it's ugly head again.

Celibacy doesn't drive men to homosexuality or child molestation. If that were true, many widows would be committing a disproportion percentage of sexual abuse and I've not heard anything about that.

No, the Catholic Priest scandal was caused by a disproportionate percentage of priest being homosexual.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 10/31/17 at 09:59:22

WebsterMark wrote on 10/31/17 at 09:50:52:
Dragging Russia into this is more than a stretch ray....

It's something of a tradition that sexually confused, repressed boys that are raised religious, gravitate towards the clergy...

I wouldn't extend your anti-religious prejudice to explain this away completely. How many occupations are completely male and that person has implied or direct authority over minors? Not many.

The statistics skew accordingly because of the large percentage of homosexuals. Like I said, that's an uncomfortable, but absolute fact that society has a hard time even whispering.

Is it a problem of the Church's own making?  I'd have to say yes. As the report details, people in higher positions recruited or perhaps it's more fair to say refused to reject, a higher percentage of candidates that were gay. Was that because those bishops and others in higher positions were likewise gay? Seems likely. Predictive demographics rears it's ugly head again.

Celibacy doesn't drive men to homosexuality or child molestation. If that were true, many widows would be committing a disproportion percentage of sexual abuse and I've not heard anything about that.

No, the Catholic Priest scandal was caused by a disproportionate percentage of priest being homosexual.

Are Buddhist Monks celibate too?
Did they experience the same?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 10/31/17 at 10:03:18

Web, if you key in what Bot said:

The irony of condemnation and repression...

The Russia mention was flippant, but look how the "scorn" visited on anyone who challenges the dictates of PC....

The irony is it got TRUMP elected.

NOT RUSSIA.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #19 - 10/31/17 at 10:18:39

Want to guess what other institution had a problem with male leaders taking advantage with young boys??  Bingo - the Boy scouts.

Bet those knot tying classes were really hot. Grin Grin

ps I was an Eagle Scout and no one ever hit on me, but the stories I've heard.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #20 - 10/31/17 at 10:19:28

WebsterMark wrote on 10/31/17 at 09:50:52:

You are focused on the homosexuality, but ignoring the sexually repressed, confused part of the equation...
The churches teachings had a part in that...  These men/boys felt compelled by family and church to enter clergy...
Social pressure to repress their urges... Clergy may seem like a safer place than other lifestyles.
Maybe they think they can avoid facing their sexual demons with isolation...
Then they discover the unspoken brotherhood of the church...
It's the dirty underbelly of organized religion...

I'll bet many nuns are sexually conflicted too...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 10/31/17 at 10:23:48

Good point about Boy Scouts. It's volunteer mostly so I doubt it's anywhere near the percentage as priests.

Monks? Interesting comparison. My thought is the lifestyle is not appealing enough to attract too many who are completely committed to the "cause".

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 10/31/17 at 10:30:28

Quote:
Are you suggesting an older teenaged boy, say 17 for example, raised in a family with religious teachings against premarital sex has a higher likelihood of molesting 12 year old boys because all the girls he comes in contact with with in his church won't put out because of their family's teachings?

Not at all,... don't know how you got that...
The days of scarlet letters are long gone...
Sex before marriage is preached against, I suppose.. but very few people take it seriously...

I was f*king like a bunny all through high school, and most of the girls were Christian... (one, Jewish)... Grin...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 10/31/17 at 10:56:57

Quote:
Are you suggesting an older teenaged boy, say 17 for example, raised in a family with religious teachings against premarital sex has a higher likelihood of molesting 12 year old boys because all the girls he comes in contact with with in his church won't put out because of their family's teachings?

Sex before marriage is preached against, I suppose.. but very few people take it seriously...

I was f*king like a bunny all through high school, and most of the girls were Christian... (one, Jewish)... Grin...

PS...Web,  I apologize,.. I accidentally posted inside your post, and some parts were edited in my quote.(see above)...
Mod button error on my part...
We Mods have a modify button right next to the quote button on all posts, not just our own... I fumbled...
- Serow

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #24 - 10/31/17 at 11:23:06

WebsterMark wrote on 10/31/17 at 10:30:28:
Quote:

With the powers invested in my, I christen you, Sir Eveready......  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 10/31/17 at 12:21:38

Okay, that's darn funny there....!

I was f*king like a bunny all through high school, and most of the girls were Christian

Which proves my point. I was raised by two strict Baptist aunts. No hanky panky....  However, I didn't turn queer. Like you, I found a way. Point is, it would have been easier if all us boys just turn queer, but that wasn't who we were. It didn't cross our minds. However, if you are queer, you'd look for opportunities. Opportunities for us were girls who had the same thing on their minds. Opportunities for the queer was more limited. I think what happens is younger boys are easily influences or coerced and that's were the Spacy situation or Catholic priest situation comes into play. Point is, lack of availability doesn't turn people gay does it.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 10/31/17 at 12:31:48

WebsterMark wrote on 10/31/17 at 12:21:38:

Okay, that's darn funny there....!

I was f*king like a bunny all through high school, and most of the girls were Christian

Which proves my point. I was raised by two strict Baptist aunts. No hanky panky....  However, I didn't turn queer. Like you, I found a way. Point is, it would have been easier if all us boys just turn queer, but that wasn't who we were. It didn't cross our minds. However, if you are queer, you'd look for opportunities. Opportunities for us were girls who had the same thing on their minds. Opportunities for the queer was more limited. I think what happens is younger boys are easily influences or coerced and that's were the Spacy situation or Catholic priest situation comes into play. Point is, lack of availability doesn't turn people gay does it.

No.  Nothing "turns people gay". Too many people don't realize that.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #27 - 10/31/17 at 12:34:20

So what is it......

Are we born that way, or is it the environment?

I always heard the argument was you can't change the way you were born/feel, like being born Black, etc.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 10/31/17 at 12:39:04

raydawg wrote on 10/31/17 at 12:34:20:
So what is it......

I always heard the argument was you can't change the way you were born/feel, like being born Black, etc.

When did you have to choose your sexuality ray?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 10/31/17 at 12:51:53

raydawg wrote on 10/31/17 at 12:34:20:
So what is it......

You can't choose that. You are who you are. A small % are attracted to the same sex, 1-3%. If you're in that zone, you're gay. There was talk of a gene being identified, but that was quickly squashed because while we have no problem killed Downs babies in the womb, society wouldn't stand for a parents right to choose to abort a gay baby. Oh the irony... but that's another topic.

As I said before, homosexuality is a deviancy from the norm. All of us have deviancies of one form or another it's just in most cases, those don't manifest themselves in a noticeable way. The deviancy of bestiality is viewed today the same way homosexuality was 100 years ago. 100 years from now, who knows, bestiality might be another sexual orientation on your tax form!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 09:23:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How queer is this?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.