Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Another take on United Airlines video (Read 108 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Another take on United Airlines video
Reply #15 - 04/18/17 at 22:07:05

It's WRONG to take a deal and screw the passenger.It's WRONG.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #16 - 04/19/17 at 05:19:26

This issue is quite complex.
A lot of facts discussed at BITOG by pilots, LEOs and lawyers etc
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4378816/1/United_Airline
s_incident_will_

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/19/17 at 05:34:43

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/18/17 at 22:07:05:
It's WRONG to take a deal and screw the passenger.It's WRONG.

and I agree with you, it's wrong, but it's a moral wrong, a customer service wrong. Shouldn't have come to this point.

However, if you owed the airline, you would be the one booting passengers from planes because if you can't get your flight crew to the next city, you cancel an entire flight. What do you say to those 150 people. Yea you bought a ticket, you booked car rental, hotel, vacation house etc... but you're not going to get there. Sorry but you just lost a couple hundred dollars cause the hotel, car rental place won't refund your money. Or you say ok, we've got a crew in that city, but they've been on duty 12 hours and should go off, but we'll let them fly tired so we don't cancel your flight....

Things get complicated when you're the one in charge.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 04/19/17 at 08:55:37

Complicated as it may get, forcibly removing people who have purchased a seat is not okay, for anyone, ever.
If they NEED seats so badly, let them engage in capitalism and Purchase the right to the seats. All they have to do is have a flight attendant make increasingly larger offers until people who Can afford to wait, choose to wait.
They Should have also set about securing First Class Accommodations on any carrier available to get them on to the destination.
Would you go to the movies and just wait for the ushers to come randomly beat you up and throw you out?
This is a case of corporate policy being immoral, unlawful and unreasonable.
They KNEW that plane was booked up. So, odds were, they would be in a bind.
They didn't consider making Re-Accommodating the people who would be inconvenienced a less than traumatic experience. If such a simple problem is beyond management's ability to deal with civilly, you're on the wrong plane.
Apologizing for the brutish behavior and pretending that it was lawful because of a shady contract that manages to completely invert the rights of someone who Paid the price of the Contract and Now is reasonably expecting the other party to Perform their reasonably expected duty of fulfilling Their end of the Contract is nothing short of proof of worship for the destruction of rights.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 04/19/17 at 10:27:33

capitalism will punish them, it already has.

If I had to get someplace and bought a ticket only later to get bumped, I'd be pissed and pleed my case, but I understand how the system "I agreed to participate in" works. There's the key. This is a voluntary transaction. I agreed to play by their rules.

I'm not apologizing for their behavior. It was poorly handled. And  I don't have to pretend it's lawful because it IS lawful. Any of us who owned and ran an airline who do the same thing.

Now, the result is there will be yet another federal law passed that will cover far more than this situation. Airlines will have to adjust and we'll pay higher ticket prices.

Is that the best solution or should we just let the market handle it?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 04/19/17 at 10:41:08

I find fault with your willingness to understand. It's beyond reasonable to be thrown off of a plane.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 04/19/17 at 10:58:00

and I don't think you're seeing my point.

I agree, it's beyond reasonable.

It's just not illegal. Hundreds of thousands a year are booted off flights.
In this case, the passenger refused a legal, valid command from the institution he voluntarily granted authority over him, whether he knew it or not, by buying the ticket, he agreed to their terms.

The security personnel showed very little patience. Don't you sometimes see videos of cops over reacting to a situation? That was the case here. My guess is they could have convinced him to leave and take the $800, but based on the video I saw, they didn't give a lot of time to reasonable discussion. They asked him once or twice to leave and then bam! Grabbed and dragged!

Hell, they give scumbag Trump and BLM protestors more respect than that! Now there's a group that should be tossed from a moving plane!

But I'm done with this topic. I thought Mike Rowe had an interesting point worth considering. We don't want the inmates to run every asylum.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 04/19/17 at 11:05:48

There's some difference between illegal and unlawful.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:00:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Another take on United Airlines video

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.