Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Anybody disagree?
Reply #30 - 04/14/17 at 15:36:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/14/17 at 15:00:04:
Accusation

Cognitive dissonance

Explain where

Let me offer this link, and you then either assign it, or dismiss it, to the garage man and his post.
However, I think it fits him to a T, make that two T's  Grin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 04/14/17 at 15:39:37

sorry  I cant get in this right now, i'm at church being greedy preparing food for the needy.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #32 - 04/14/17 at 19:26:55

MShipley wrote on 04/14/17 at 15:39:37:
sorry  I cant get in this right now, i'm at church being greedy preparing food for the needy.

I use to do that until the Seattle democrat mayor threatened folks with arrest for helping them.
I wouldn't go now anyway, for under their last administrations the problem has grown much worse, as the homeless population has expanded and gotten much more aggressive......
Safety is now a real concern.

True story, and I think I already shared this, not sure.

My youngest son was not pulling his share at home, school, etc.
He was 15, maybe 16. He is now 26.
Coming home from work one Friday I saw he didn't do, AGAIN, what we had discussed.
After listening to another excuse, I told him out of anger, he was going with me that night to Seattle to help me and friends handout food, blankets, toiletries, etc, to the homeless!
He came but was very inattentive and sullen.
After a few hours of driving around the van to different areas and handing out stuff, I saw this guy standing on the side of the road with one of the mission blankets, wrapped around him...
They are stiff and like horsehide...
I asked if he needed anything, he said he would appreciate a warmer blanket if I had one.
I was still in a traffic lane, told him I would pull over and get him one.
These items are donated and I have no ideal of the condition, etc, until I myself open the bags they come in..  we just pile them into the van before we leave the island.
I pulled over, got out, was walking around to the back of the van when I noticed a person laying on a piece of cardboard, that was all...
This was winter time.
I met this guy that I talked to at the back of the van. I opened the back doors and pulled out a bag, opened it, and was blown away by this really nice comforter blanket, it looked brand new and very warm.
I saw this guys eyes light up, his name was Michael, he was excited
I paused giving it to him to point out the guy sleeping on the cardboard...
that he had nothing covering him up. I told Michael this blanket was his, but may I ask you to consider giving it to him?
He kinda looked bummed, like I was taking it back, saying I gave it to him first.....
I said, that's right. It's yours, I am asking you if it's ok?
He gave in, said yes....
I said let me go cover this guy up, I will get you another one from the back when I'm done.
Returning back to the van I see my son had gotten out and was now watching the going on.
I reached back into the van, pulled out another bag. Opened it.,,,,
And discover this blanket is even better!!!!
I give it to Michael.
He is grinning and now decides to take some food we offered.
Others now start showing up, and I have my hands full.
The man I covered up is now awake and seems in a thankful daze at what he discovers that happened while sleeping....
I turn to see what my son is doing....
Michael is talking to him.
Michael is a Blackman, and all sorts of negative thoughts enter my tainted mind as to what I would tell his mother if I returned her son back to her not in the same condition I took him  Lips Sealed
So, I keep one eye on them, as I help the others.
After we run out of stuff it's time to go.
I tell Michael before I leave that I was thankful he gave up his blanket to another.....
He just grinned at me in a way that I knew that something had happened, but I knew not what.....

Anyway, this telling us getting long, but suffice to say that night my son changed.
He cornered me and told me this stuff was awesome, as he broke down into tears.
I grabbed him, broke into tears myself, and prayed to God, aloud, right on the spot for such a blessing  Grin

Some time later, my memory weakens with time, my son Kameron told me what Michael had talked to him about,
He told my son not to end up like him for making bad choices..  
WTF  Shocked
All my prejudices and beliefs, etc. came front and center to reality, I thought I was helping the needy, when the facts reveal this black needy man was helping me!!!  

I am sure so many stories like this happen every day in the real world, but it's such a shame we only see fake news feeding the needy more fake truths.....  instead of the truth I found that night, that in giving, you receive. Demanding, is not part of the equation  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 04/15/17 at 05:09:15

Ray Dawg , that's a great story, I hope your son is well and following the advice given. I'm afraid I had to learn things the hard way.......I love to do mission work and go to foreign countries 3 or 4 times a year, Nepal, Ukraine, but I go to Nicaragua at least once or twice a year. We always have people that are new  to mission work with us, many times teenagers. What's really amazing is watching what God does in the hearts of these people, especially the young people as they learn just how blessed they really are and what the world is really like. Your story is a great example of how a little attention, caring and loving words can change lives. God rarely uses the strong, rather he uses the weak to change the world.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #34 - 04/15/17 at 08:50:07

MShipley wrote on 04/15/17 at 05:09:15:
Ray Dawg , that's a great story, I hope your son is well and following the advice given. I'm afraid I had to learn things the hard way.......I love to do mission work and go to foreign countries 3 or 4 times a year, Nepal, Ukraine, but I go to Nicaragua at least once or twice a year. We always have people that are new  to mission work with us, many times teenagers. What's really amazing is watching what God does in the hearts of these people, especially the young people as they learn just how blessed they really are and what the world is really like. Your story is a great example of how a little attention, caring and loving words can change lives. God rarely uses the strong, rather he uses the weak to change the world.

Thanks Ship...,
Yes, the lad is doing great.
At 26 he is as clean as whistle, almost a freak by today's standards haha...
He has his mustang, which he has built to rocket capable speeds, but has no speeding tickets  Shocked
Works for a company that has him running crews, on the road often, where he goes by himself, to a local church Sunday service....
A 26 year old, wth????
All my kids know and walk with the Lord, and Ship, it ain't because they followed me, heck no, I was a terrible example  Embarrassed
If anything, they didn't want to be like me and that led them to their faith  Grin
Oh how blessed I am by them, for in our talks they often enlighten me to Gods word by what they share.
I am lucky for I do not fret during these troubling times, for I know they will not be covered up by all the lies and deceit that seem to be crowding and herding this world to its final destiny.....
To know this as fact, is beyond my words to convey  Smiley

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #35 - 04/15/17 at 13:37:33

Trump has no cognitive dissonance,.. in spite of so often doing the opposite of what he says...
He's missing the cognitive part... Roll Eyes

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 04/15/17 at 17:14:30

If you read the definition it went over your head.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #37 - 04/15/17 at 20:37:02

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/15/17 at 17:14:30:
If you read the definition it went over your head.

You mean butt, right?  Grin

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 04/17/17 at 09:29:53

cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance
noun PSYCHOLOGY

-the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

Hmmm... I don't know fellas... this sounds exactly what the trumpanzies have become.  Inconsistent thoughts, beliefs and attitudes on how donny orange was going to "drain the swamp", "never bomb Syria", "defeat isis", "never leave the White House", "label China as a currency manipulator", "build a wall", etc., etc....  They don't seem to mind that he's walked back so many of his promises so quickly - not to mention the russian powder keg that's about to blow up...  They have become the poster children for cognitive dissonance!

Oh, by the way boys - I'm flattered that I'm on your mind so much!

LOL

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #39 - 04/17/17 at 16:29:06

“You can keep your  Doctor”
"H.C. Premiums will go down”
“If you’ve got a business –
     you didn’t build that.
     Somebody else made that happen.”  
“The private sector is doing fine.”  
“I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.”
“I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.”
“I am not in favor of concealed weapons.
“I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities”
“I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking.
     I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess.
      I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking.”
“I’ve now been in 57 states”
“you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith”

But how, Trump, keeps a Golf Score, is so much more important !

Stand in the Street, and  CRY !
           Or get ON  the  Bus !!!!!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:19:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Anybody disagree?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.