Send Topic Print
Do you? (Read 304 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Do you?
Reply #45 - 04/10/17 at 19:45:35

aw.....no. The galactic speed limit is still secure.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #46 - 04/11/17 at 05:14:30

WebsterMark wrote on 04/10/17 at 19:45:35:
aw.....no. The galactic speed limit is still secure.

Yes, that is true, but in a controlled vacuum environment not so....
I will extend my observation that it, research, etc, must begin somewhere.
I read where time travel into the past, however, is not doable, I guess Back To The Future was a hoax  Grin
It would present all sorts of paradoxes wouldn't it  Shocked

In my heart I believe all this research of the cell and space with powerful equipment will lead to reveal a God  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 04/11/17 at 05:20:35

The value of C is in a controlled environment.There are a few physical laws which have been studied for 100's years with no way found around them, thermodynamics and speed of light for example.

To break those would be a miracle. In fact, the correct definition of a miracle is an event which violates the physical laws that govern this world.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 04/11/17 at 06:15:09

WebsterMark wrote on 04/10/17 at 18:30:38:
What was measured faster than light?

Also, questions like the one TT asked are NEVER asked of Muslims. Maybe the one asking the question is afraid they'll get blown up, but more likely it's a demonstration of something deeper....

OK - all you Muslims out there.... How old does the Qur'an say the Universe is????

(all better?)....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 04/11/17 at 06:16:28

Well... C is a constant - except when you consider photons in Planck time...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 04/11/17 at 06:39:26

I can use Google myself, thanks.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #51 - 04/11/17 at 07:42:01

So, if I'm on a train running five MPH slower than the speed of light and someone standing next to tracks points a flashlight down the line, I'll be able to see the beam of light overtake me, AND when it catches me, I can flip on my flashlight which is moving a just shy of the speed of light, and my beam wont pass the beam that is catching me?
And what happens if you are going Faster than the Speed of Light and turn on your flashlight? Does all that light go backwards, into the flashlight and melt the batteries?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 04/11/17 at 07:53:58

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/11/17 at 07:42:01:
So, if I'm on a train running five MPH slower than the speed of light and someone standing next to tracks points a flashlight down the line, I'll be able to see the beam of light overtake me, AND when it catches me, I can flip on my flashlight which is moving a just shy of the speed of light, and my beam wont pass the beam that is catching me? Based on my understanding and assuming all the other problems associated with going that fast are ignored, yes, that's what would happen.

And what happens if you are going Faster than the Speed of Light and turn on your flashlight? Does all that light go backwards, into the flashlight and melt the batteries?

Since you can't travel faster than light, you would blow up into a million pieces and reformulate as a liberal snowflake.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #53 - 04/11/17 at 08:07:43

So the fly in the cockpit of a fighter jet is not flying at Mach 2 ?  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 04/11/17 at 08:33:39

raydawg wrote on 04/11/17 at 08:07:43:
So the fly in the cockpit of a fighter jet is not flying at Mach 2 ?  Grin

The fly in a cockpit of a fighter jet is moving at mach 2. If he flies forward, he's moving at mach 2 + his velocity. The way to think about this is to imagine if the jet and the fly crash into an unmovable object. The damage to the fly will be as if the fly hit a wall at mach 2. That's why your coffee goes flying all over if you are taking a drink and have to slam on the brakes. The coffee is still traveling at whatever speed you were going before you started slowing down.

The other way to think of this is to imagine the fly carried a GPS device that you could monitor. Imagine you could plot the distance the fly traveled over a given amount of time. knowing those two variables, you would calculate that the fly was moving at Mach 2.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #55 - 04/11/17 at 08:37:36

Just last night was watching Nasa's deepest secrets (or something like that)
They said a galaxy was not behaving to the laws of physics... traveling faster than the speed of light.

The answer is simple, they are moving, we are moving, neither one is exceeding the speed of light but relative speed is greater than the speed of light.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #56 - 04/11/17 at 09:10:51

So, faster than light travel is possible, but in an expanding universe it'll get you nowhere... fast... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 04/11/17 at 09:16:40

without cheating and looking on Google, I wonder what the explanation is?
Not exactly sure how the speed of a receding galaxy is measured, but guessing it has something to do with it's red shift. Assuming it's accurate, how can a receding galaxy move faster than light? Got to be an easy explanation.......

You're right, if we are moving one directing and they are moving the other, they are not actually exceeding the speed of light. But again, light does not follow those rules so if they are measuring red shift, they shouldn't be able to measure it faster than light.....?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 04/11/17 at 09:38:45

Serowbot wrote on 04/11/17 at 09:10:51:
So, faster than light travel is possible, but in an expanding universe it'll get you nowhere... fast... Huh

Perhaps ray's original link holds the key. the expanding universe is moving faster than light.

I give up. I'm going to cheat and look it up while i'm eating lunch.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #59 - 04/11/17 at 09:45:43

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:36:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Do you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.