Do you? (Read 304 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Do you?
Reply #30 - 04/07/17 at 13:41:27

I'll read the rest of this latter, but suffice to say from where it appears to lead is richer, smarter, etc, leads folks to to live thinking their destiny is in their control, which, seems true, and as I think you are alluring to re: conservatives, they default to "people of able bodies" etc, looking out for themselves, etc.
The scripture tells us many times we are to be as children, call it innocent and ignorant, to this world.
For look how believing and thinking, and feeling has played out politically and socially in this nation.
It is confrontational and devisive, and harmful to mental health.
Blame, point finger, justify, how does that rememdy?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 04/07/17 at 18:18:11

Actually I can say that....you may not agree and that's fine...your objections to the Bible are just not true,  every nonbelievers goes to "the Bible was written by man" " it's been mistranslated" so on and so on.. Actually the Bible is the most accurate book in all antiquity. It has been studied for word to word accuracy for 2000 years.there is more ancient copies and pieces of copies than ANY other book of its age, and not by a small margin. The second most documented is Homer's The Iliad with about 70 ancient copies compared to the books of the Bible with over 250,000....for those that study it no one can change a word without it being recognized. All historians of ancient Jewish history understand the accuracy of the writings. It is supported by secular history, and archeology. No historian disputes it's accuracy, however many dispute it's purpose.

For the believer it is penned by man under the influence of the Holy Spirit for the revelation of God to man. This is the authority, the benchmark that I make my claims.

So what authority gives you your benchmark to make claims that all God's are the same?

What you don't  get, and I understand, I really do, I use to be where you are is that I don't look at this as just a beleif, it is in fact reality.

Articles such as posted above by Bot where agnostics or atheist try do evaluate religion  are just worthless because they do not understand the way believers think.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #32 - 04/07/17 at 19:23:55

MShipley.....

Trying to explain to one, I'll use biblical terms, that is blind and mute, is a waste of words.
They, in their current state of awareness, lack the capacity to understand.....
I know I pretended for many years to believe, because I wanted to give the appearance that I "got it".....
It was not very satisfying, nor did it give me any assurances in life.
I was just another poser pretending I was wise, in life.

Man's greatest handicap is his thinking, it has caused more harm than any other source, even to themselves, yet they would deny it to death.

Walking the talk, will give opportunity to lead the blind....
For who can deny what they witness themselves. Sadly, as believers, we have failed to heed that of which we preach, too often.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 04/07/17 at 19:26:35

MShipley wrote on 04/07/17 at 18:18:11:
Actually I can say that....you may not agree and that's fine...your objections to the Bible are just not true,  every nonbelievers goes to "the Bible was written by man" " it's been mistranslated" so on and so on.. Actually the Bible is the most accurate book in all antiquity. It has been studied for word to word accuracy for 2000 years.there is more ancient copies and pieces of copies than ANY other book of its age, and not by a small margin. The second most documented is Homer's The Iliad with about 70 ancient copies compared to the books of the Bible with over 250,000....for those that study it no one can change a word without it being recognized. All historians of ancient Jewish history understand the accuracy of the writings. It is supported by secular history, and archeology. No historian disputes it's accuracy, however many dispute it's purpose.

For the believer it is penned by man under the influence of the Holy Spirit for the revelation of God to man. This is the authority, the benchmark that I make my claims.

So what authority gives you your benchmark to make claims that all God's are the same?

God did - He gave me my mind to question, understand and have faith.

What you don't  get, and I understand, I really do, I use to be where you are is that I don't look at this as just a beleif, it is in fact reality.

Articles such as posted above by Bot where agnostics or atheist try do evaluate religion  are just worthless because they do not understand the way believers think.

I'm not a non-believer, I'm agnostic (there is a difference).

But to think that over half the world is "wrong"?  Sorry, that doesn't gel.  I can't imagine a God that would forsake 2/3 of His creation.

To be clear - it is YOUR reality, not mine.  If you were to travel to a place where there is no Bible, no God as you see it - YOU would be the outcast, the non-believer.  Their reality would not support you.

I on the other hand will not pretend to think that I know squat about diddly when it comes to a higher being.  We as humans just can't know.  The best we can figure is that there must be SOME reason why.  It's not just the Bible that can help someone find the way.  There are other ways to get in touch with God.  Faith, not religion is key.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 04/07/17 at 19:53:40

Raydawg, its all good, we all do our best but fail, just know that God still loves you, remember Thomas.....

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #35 - 04/09/17 at 16:45:07

raydawg wrote on 04/07/17 at 19:23:55:
MShipley.....

Trying to explain to one, I'll use biblical terms, that is blind and mute, is a waste of words.
They, in their current state of awareness, lack the capacity to understand.....
I know I pretended for many years to believe, because I wanted to give the appearance that I "got it".....
It was not very satisfying, nor did it give me any assurances in life.
I was just another poser pretending I was wise, in life.

Man's greatest handicap is his thinking, it has caused more harm than any other source, even to themselves, yet they would deny it to death.

Walking the talk, will give opportunity to lead the blind....
For who can deny what they witness themselves. Sadly, as believers, we have failed to heed that of which we preach, too often.

the greatest and hardest 'commandment'

love thy neighbor as thyself

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 04/09/17 at 18:36:39

raydawg wrote on 04/07/17 at 13:41:27:
I'll read the rest of this latter, but suffice to say from where it appears to lead is richer, smarter, etc, leads folks to to live thinking their destiny is in their control, which, seems true, and as I think you are alluring to re: conservatives, they default to "people of able bodies" etc, looking out for themselves, etc.
The scripture tells us many times we are to be as children, call it innocent and ignorant, to this world.
For look how believing and thinking, and feeling has played out politically and socially in this nation.
It is confrontational and devisive, and harmful to mental health.
Blame, point finger, justify, how does that rememdy?

I seem to recall something in the bible about being
Wise as serpents and harmless as a dove.
Ignorance and wisdom are rarely found in the the same man. I don't know of any I've met who were both.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 04/10/17 at 12:47:24

So then.... how old is the Earth?  How old is the Universe?

According to the Bible, that is...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #38 - 04/10/17 at 14:00:20

T And T Garage wrote on 04/10/17 at 12:47:24:

time is relative, if you ask the earth what a day is, it might say that's a second.  To a god a day may be 1 revolution of the galaxy.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 04/10/17 at 14:22:27

verslagen1 wrote on 04/10/17 at 14:00:20:

time is relative, if you ask the earth what a day is, it might say that's a second.  To a god a day may be 1 revolution of the galaxy.

SMH... ok... Thanks for the "answer"...

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #40 - 04/10/17 at 14:25:59

Serowbot wrote on 04/07/17 at 09:02:49:
Consider the general idea of worshipping a thing that you fear...
Does it deserve your worship?...
Should anything powerful enough to deserve worship ask you to fear it?...
Should an abused wife or child worship the father?...
A person that would have you fear them, is weak.. and does not even deserve respect... let alone worship.

Serowbot wrote on 04/07/17 at 09:08:35:
God is the bully,.. he says, do what I say or I will hurt you...  I say nothing of the kind...

T And T Garage wrote on 04/07/17 at 10:11:35:
 " ... If God is real, why would you fear Him/Her?  ..."

Understand, where a  Atheist, (which is believing, in NOT  believing)
Or Antagonistic, (Which simply do not Believe in anything)
are coming from, when they say they do not, fear, a God/Deity,
and no one else should.

So if a  Religion/Beliefs, says, in their, ‘Book of writings’,
     (which they  ‘believe’  in)
Says: “ I  KILL   YOU   if you do NOT  Believe in  ‘MY’  Religion.
They simply, do not, ‘believe’, it.
And  IGNORE, all the  Proof, World Wide, for 1,000’s of years,

And that is why, they believe, a  person saying:
  “I  KILL  YOU    because, . . . . . . . . “
Should be ignored, because they, ignore it.
     (and say you should also)

Now for the people, that,  ‘Believe’, in a God or Deity.
and a, ‘book of writings’.
     (Which are the  very, Very, VERY,  VAST  Majority)
Of people on this Spaceship.
They,  ‘believe’, when someone says:
 “I  KILL  YOU  . . . . . . . “
Because of their  ‘belief’.

And that  ‘belief’ does not just come from, that,      
religions, ‘Book  Of   Writings’,
It comes from,  what happened,
 YESTERDAY,
and the DAY  Before,
and the day before that, and, etc.  etc.  etc.

Any,  ‘Belief’, (or none), is Irrelevant.
It is that person, which has their  beliefs.
And that is, theirs. And it  causes no harm.

Campaigning, for a particular, belief, sure,
ALL,  religions have, and will continue to do so.
  Who does not remember the,  'Hare Krishna's',
passing out books in airports ?  
(Which that is a spin off of, Hinduism)

All, beliefs, (or non) are Just fine.
  Until that, ‘religion’, says:

“I  KILL  YOU  ………”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 04/10/17 at 16:25:31

T...I think if you are interested in what the Bible has to say then perhaps it would serve you well to read it......you might find it interesting. Cheesy

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #42 - 04/10/17 at 17:41:26

T And T Garage wrote on 04/10/17 at 14:22:27:
verslagen1 wrote on 04/10/17 at 14:00:20:

SMH... ok... Thanks for the "answer"...

You might not have liked it, but Versy is correct.
Consider this, if man finds a way to travel faster that the speed of light, the time it takes an "imagine" to travel from its point and place in time, to the observer, place and time, he will then be able to overcome the constraints of time, and travel wherever he wants.

BTW, the speed of light is no longer the fastest recorded measurement anymore.

PS: I think this might be the way to heaven too  Smiley

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 04/10/17 at 18:30:38

What was measured faster than light?

Also, questions like the one TT asked are NEVER asked of Muslims. Maybe the one asking the question is afraid they'll get blown up, but more likely it's a demonstration of something deeper....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #44 - 04/10/17 at 19:13:11

WebsterMark wrote on 04/10/17 at 18:30:38:
What was measured faster than light?

Also, questions like the one TT asked are NEVER asked of Muslims. Maybe the one asking the question is afraid they'll get blown up, but more likely it's a demonstration of something deeper....

I am not even close to understanding this stuff...

http://bigthink.com/dr-kakus-universe/what-travels-faster-than-the-speed-of-l...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 20:50:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Do you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.