Send Topic Print
I remember JoG... (Read 243 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: I remember JoG...
Reply #30 - 04/12/17 at 15:15:31

Sorry, that doesn't hold water. One comment (if it happened) couldn't possibly overcome what every one knew would be the result if they invaded. There was no ambiguity over what the US's response would be.
This is not the lead up to WWII 75 years ago, we were all around when this occurred.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 04/12/17 at 15:19:28

You didn't read it then. Choose to see what you want. I'm just pointing out the facts.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 04/13/17 at 09:22:15

I did read it.
Saddam should not have been surprised at our response. He was not thinking he had some kind of green light blessing. In fact, he wasn't thinking. He was blinded by the bubble locked himself in.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #33 - 04/13/17 at 09:32:28

Believe what you will. I can't actually talk to him about what he believed or why. That he TRUSTED what he was told is telling. He believed he was being told that local squabbles between Arabs wouldn't matter to us. Why would it? It's just someone else's Oil. Doesn't MATTER who produces it, it's available.
But what If someone wants Less Oil available for sale on the global market?
Kuwait had been using directional drilling and supposedly taking oil from Iraqi reservoirs.. Is that even possible? Are the pay zones actually starting and stopping near the border? Would Kuwait NEED to go rustle oil frummunda Iraq? I don't know how to get those answers, but I think they are good questions.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 04/13/17 at 09:39:55

I want to make sure we're on the same page here. Are you telling me that on the night the US lit up the sky at the start of their shock and awe, that Saddam was totally surprised and couldn't believe he'd been lied to? That he thought he had a greenlight from the US government to do whatever he wanted in Kuwait?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #35 - 04/13/17 at 09:44:48

He knew he'd been set up long before the first action. But set up, he was.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 04/13/17 at 10:16:37

you kind of dodged my question there. Once again, are you saying that up until the bombs fell Saddam was under the impression he had a greenlight from the US?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #37 - 04/13/17 at 10:25:02

Well, THERE'S yer Problem. You don't know what a direct answer Looks like. He knew as soon as the state department, media, president, all started talking about what a Baad thing he had done. It was a setup. He had started talking about selling oil, Not for dollars, but Gold. He was talking about a gold backed Dinar. He was Our Guy, study the history of Saddam.
How many people have a clue about WHY Iran took our embassy and held our people?
And what benefit from the chaos and death in the ME do you see?
Why are we there? And if We the People are not benefiting, who is?
Ooopsies, real question..

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #38 - 04/13/17 at 12:45:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/11/17 at 20:07:13:
Hard to know that, innitt? But just because I don't know the answer to your question doesn't mean Assad did it, now Duzzitt?

http://www.unz.com/article/the-nerve-agent-attack-in-khan-shaykhun-syria/

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 04/13/17 at 12:54:04

Truth leaks out after the ignorant have decided to believe. Too bad they are too proud to be wrong too.

have reviewed the document carefully, and I believe it can be shown, without doubt, that the document does not provide any evidence whatsoever that the US government has concrete knowledge that the government of Syria was the source of the chemical attack in Khan Shaykhun, Syria at roughly 6 to 7 a.m. on April 4, 2017.

In fact, a main piece of evidence that is cited in the document points to an attack that was executed by individuals on the ground, not from an aircraft, on the morning of April 4.

This conclusion is based on an assumption made by the White House when it cited the source of the sarin release and the photographs of that source. My own assessment, is that the source was very likely tampered with or staged, so no serious conclusion could be made from the photographs cited by the White House.

Ahhwell, maybe one will surprise me.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #40 - 04/13/17 at 13:19:12

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 04/13/17 at 13:25:06

If it was Easy to see through the accidentally wrong, the intentionally wrong, the manufactured, manipulated and obfuscated then the very few would be the majority.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #42 - 04/13/17 at 13:37:34

I haven't posted what needs read.

Click the link above,

running Hill & Knowlton's Washington office was Craig Fuller, one of Bush's closest friends and inside political advisors. The news media never bothered to examine Fuller's role until after the war had ended, but if America's editors had read the PR trade press, they might have noticed this announcement, published in O'Dwyer's PR Services before the fighting began: "Craig L. Fuller, chief of staff to Bush when he was vice-president, has been on the Kuwaiti account at Hill & Knowlton since the first day. He and [Bob] Dilenschneider at one point made a trip to Saudi Arabia, observing the production of some 20 videotapes, among other chores. The Wirthlin Group, research arm of H&K, was the pollster for the Reagan Administration. ... Wirthlin has reported receiving $1.1 million in fees for research assignments for the Kuwaitis. Robert K. Gray, Chairman of H&K/USA based in Washington, DC had leading roles in both Reagan campaigns. He has been involved in foreign nation accounts for many years. ... Lauri J. Fitz-Pegado, account supervisor on the Kuwait account, is a former Foreign Service Officer at the US Information Agency who joined Gray when he set up his firm in 1982."75

In addition to Republican notables like Gray and Fuller, Hill & Knowlton maintained a well-connected stable of in-house Democrats who helped develop the bipartisan support needed to support the war. Lauri Fitz-Pegado, who headed the Kuwait campaign, had previously worked with super-lobbyist Ron Brown representing Haiti's Duvalier dictatorship. Hill & Knowlton senior vice-president Thomas Ross had been Pentagon spokesman during the Carter Administration. To manage the news media, H&K relied on vice-chairman Frank Mankiewicz, whose background included service as press secretary and advisor to Robert F. Kennedy and George McGovern, followed by a stint as president of National Public Radio. Under his direction, Hill & Knowlton arranged hundreds of meetings, briefings, calls and

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #43 - 04/13/17 at 13:43:46

Anyone who actually reads this report, looks at the History that they have seen and doesn't start to see the truth is not willing to see.

rm. H&K has employed a stunning variety of opinion-forming devices and techniques to help keep US opinion on the side of the Kuwaitis. ... The techniques range from full-scale press conferences showing torture and other abuses by the Iraqis to the distribution of tens of thousands of 'Free Kuwait' T-shirts and bumper stickers at college campuses across the US."76

Documents filed with the US Department of Justice showed that 119 H&K executives in 12 offices across the US were overseeing the Kuwait account. "The firm's activities, as listed in its report to the Justice Department, included arranging media interviews for visiting Kuwaitis, setting up observances such as National Free Kuwait Day, National Prayer Day (for Kuwait), and National Student Information Day, organizing public rallies, releasing hostage letters to the media, distributing news releases and information kits, contacting politicians at all levels, and producing a nightly radio show in Arabic from Saudi Arabia," wrote Arthur Rowse in the Progressive after the war. Citizens for a Free Kuwait also capitalized on the publication of a quickie 154-page book about Iraqi atrocities titled The Rape of Kuwait, copies of which were stuffed into media kits and then featured on TV talk shows and the Wall Street Journal. The Kuwaiti embassy also bought 200,000 copies of the book for distribution to American troops

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #44 - 04/13/17 at 14:06:24

The Story of the assemblage of lies was given an award in Canada.

ter the war ended, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation produced an Emmy award-winning TV documentary on the PR campaign titled "To Sell a War." The show featured an interview with Wirthlin executive Dee Alsop in which Alsop bragged of his work and demonstrated how audience surveys were even used to physically adapt the clothing and hairstyle of the Kuwait ambassador so he would seem more likeable to TV audiences. Wirthlin's job, Alsop explained, was "to identify the messages that really resonate emotionally with the American people." The theme that struck the deepest emotional chord, they discovered, was "the fact that Saddam Hussein was a madman who had committed atrocities even against his own people, and had tremendous power to do further damage, and he needed to be stopped."79

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:19:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I remember JoG...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.