Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #90 - 12/10/16 at 15:20:34

Dave wrote on 12/10/16 at 15:00:35:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/10/16 at 13:32:20:

For your wife, to show her that you love her and care about her worries ....

You did notice that it will tell my wife when I am accelerating aggressively, or speeding....or braking hard.

I can't believe that you think this will make my wife feel good - she most likely will get nearly 900 alerts from one pass on the Tail of the Dragon!

Take a look at this top 4 review and see which one might fill the bill without giving her extra unnecessary anxiety attacks.   We want only the free features, all the extra paid features they can keep all of those (speeding, hard braking, etc. etc.)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #91 - 12/10/16 at 15:34:15

https://freecampsites.net/#!7369&query=sitedetails          

Think of that group of kids who paid $24 a night just to rent a chunk of our driveway going up to our cabin last year ...... they could have had this setup for free, and a real paved road to get there instead of a half paved goat trail.   And it was literally just a few miles up the road ....

Roll Eyes

Amenities:

Fire Ring
Near Water
Picnic Tables
Restrooms

« Last Edit: 12/10/16 at 18:48:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #92 - 12/10/16 at 17:40:57

[quote author=2F0C0406050C0C0512600 link=1472962902/75#82 date=1481397179]Gary_in_NJ wrote on 12/10/16 at 07:49:27:
Hey, the more the merrier ...... Dave if this is so, add her to the list.

Was I just called "her".

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #93 - 12/10/16 at 18:26:54

The trip, like a ship, is always female, alluring, wonderous.

You are a guy, that's why you want to go with her (or ride on her, should you wish to be more motorcycle / basic).

In any case if she is real, add her to the listing .....   others will likely wish to ride on her, I am sure.

Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #94 - 12/10/16 at 18:33:47

Wink      Moderators, if you see something is wrong or is being missed in the shuffle, reach in and fix it -- that's what you got them long fingers for.

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET YET ....  same month can be listed and is fine for different areas of the country.   I am plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is going were plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Arkansas Run  dates please ???    Springman,   old.indian

Daytona Bike Week  March 10-19 http://www.daytonabeach.com/events/motorcycle-rallies/bike-week/
w/ possible visit to Old-Rider, needs a refresh on the invite from last year's discussions

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip         Mid to Late April    "Ya'll are welcome back to my neck of the woods anytime."    Youzguyz,  Springman

Thunder Beach Run  May3-7   http://thunderbeachproductions.com  Location of run is Panama Beach / St. Augustine  w/ possible visit to Old-Rider, needs a refresh on the invite from last year's discussions

Lancer Oklahoma trip   second half of May  NEED FIRM DATES   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Oldfeller,  Springman,  Verslagen,

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian

Kickstand Lodge   June 21-24    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

MM's farm   July to  first week in August   MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

« Last Edit: 12/13/16 at 23:35:19 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #95 - 12/10/16 at 18:43:58

Do we need to do a side excursion on the Kickstand trip to check this out?   How basic can we go on group outings?   If we were trailering anyway and somebody brought a cooler & ice and it has bathrooms and tables ......

If this is for real, it may be a good find.

Screenshot_at_2016-12-10_21-45-59_001.png

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #96 - 12/10/16 at 22:21:05

well even if that camp didn't work out the dragon is right up the road !  Wink

But I'd like to try it !  

soon as warm weather sets back in ...  Roll Eyes

Same with any of these camps , if one of them don't work ... we split a motel that night  Tongue

I can go a lot more places if we keep cost down , I've got back-packing camp stove too.  Wood (twigs or match-light charcoal) burning (folds flat and small) or Gasoline (like a single stove eye)   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #97 - 12/10/16 at 22:31:22

So right ..... and I think the Dragon Lodge owes us a free shower or two up at the tennis courts shower for all the times they clipped us for all their funny little "gotcha" rules.

Taking a Navy Shower can be done just about anywhere, walk in with the change of clothes, wash off, change clothes and exit with the same WalMart bag you walked in with.

You know, food has never really been an issue.  

We eat bigger for breakfast (the cheapest meal) and then generally forget to do lunch and we catch dinner somewhere on the way back to the campsite.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #98 - 12/11/16 at 03:47:06

I will likely just stay at the Kickstand Lodge if/when you go exploring at the free campsite.  While I do agree the free campsite "lists" are a great thing for overnight stay while you ride to other places - I have no problem paying $20 a night for a clean bathroom, showers, free towels, free laundry, a free bike wash, and the clubhouse with free WiFi and tables and chairs (and lights).  Camping is only $12.50 a night when 2 people share a tent, $10 a night with 3 in a tent, less that $8 a night with 4 in the big tent. (Most often we ride in 90 degree weather and I wear an armored jacket/gloves/full face helmet.......I need a shower before I go to bed!)

Ms. Gary_in_NJ:  I don't think there will be a gathering at my house this year, I don't foresee a lot of extra time in my summer and we probably won't have time to host an event.  Maybe MM and I should consider trading the event and each host the group every/other year.  This will give me a chance to build up my catfish count so that we can have the catfish fry.  Do you know of a good riding place between NJ and KY that has good riding?  Maybe we could start a new ride more to the east and give others a chance to come to a group ride?

Can anyone suggest a good riding are in PA, WV, etc.?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #99 - 12/11/16 at 05:51:53

Dave,

Riding any of the roads that run parallel to the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania is a good ride, but not exciting like The Dragon or 3 Ugly Sisters.

A very scenic ride.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #100 - 12/11/16 at 07:48:57

Dave wrote on 12/11/16 at 03:47:06:
I don't think there will be a gathering at my house this year

I'm hugely disappointed. I was already in the planning stage. KY is on my list of top states to retire to, so I was hoping to get a scenic tour of the best roads. Next year for sure.

Dave wrote on 12/11/16 at 03:47:06:
Can anyone suggest a good riding are in PA, WV, etc.?

Actually, there is a 60 mile long stretch of twisty roads on Route 6 in Crawford County PA. It passes through an area known as "The Grand Canyon of PA". Let me see if I can string together some roads form a location that would provide a two-day opportunity of fun/scenic roads with camping.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #101 - 12/11/16 at 19:41:44

wait a minute guys ,  I don't have one of those chair and don't think I could sleep in one of them if I has one of them .  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #102 - 12/11/16 at 20:21:28

Dave ,

I like the idea of "one of us Hosting" every other year .   So this is my year Summer 2017 ,  Cool

Getting away to Pennsylvania is good  Smiley.   I could go by OldFellers on my way.  Roll Eyes
Who is hosting (putting together) the agenda ?

I need to get rides on my calendar before all the weekends get taken .   I'll start checking on the "LYNCHBURG-RIDE"  soon too.  Tongue

Gary , you ever checked out this site :   http://www.motorcycleroads.com/

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #103 - 12/12/16 at 03:23:44

MMRanch wrote on 12/11/16 at 20:21:28:
Dave ,

I like the idea of "one of us Hosting" every other year .   So this is my year Summer 2017 ,  Cool

Getting away to Pennsylvania is good  Smiley.   I could go by OldFellers on my way.  Roll Eyes
Who is hosting (putting together) the agenda ?

I need to get rides on my calendar before all the weekends get taken .   I'll start checking on the "LYNCHBURG-RIDE"  soon too.  Tongue

Right now it is a very vague "July to first week in August"  so you need to talk to your wife and consult w/Dave as to which week you want to aim at.    Dave has to be able to get away and we need to dodge the bad rainy weather as much as is possible to do.

Letting your wife help pick the dates is simple good sense --- she is part of it after all.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #104 - 12/12/16 at 06:14:29

MMRanch wrote on 12/11/16 at 20:21:28:
Gary , you ever checked out this site :   http://www.motorcycleroads.com/

I am aware of that site. Another great resource is Sunday Morning Rides:

http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/