Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #195 - 01/03/17 at 11:50:40

I have changed the July event to be a potential Kick Stand Lodge visit....or perhaps a visit to the Blueridge Motorcycle Campground so we can go explore those roads.  There are some great roads in that area that we have been ignoring for too long.  It is just a bit too far away from the Dragon/Cherohala to make those areas conveniently accessible without a lot of highway riding - but the roads around Waynesville, Brevard, etc. are really nice roads.

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET COMPLETELY YET ....     I am still plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is going were plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip          Mid to Late April      NEED FIRM DATES      Youzguyz,  Springman,  Lancer

God's Acre / Fayetteville Ride      May 7-9     MM,  Oldfeller
Sunday - Tuesday ride to visit Oldfeller at Fayetteville NC and then going on Monday to an ancient Indian healing spring located at Healing Springs Road,  Blackville, South Carolina, 29817.   Arrival on Saturday or Sunday is good, Sunday afternoon arrival misses the Fayetteville tour stuff.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/god-s-acre-healing-springs

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g54143-d8591494-Reviews-Barnwel...

Lancer Oklahoma trip    May 22-27   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Springman,  Verslagen,

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian,  Lancer

Kickstand Lodge   June 13-18    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM,  Stewmills,  RaleighGuy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is one of the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

Kick Stand Lodge "revisit" or a Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground tip           July 15-16     Dave,   MM,  
http://coolspringpowermuseum.org/index.htm  
https://youtu.be/5pumCh0MB20?t=28

MM's farm     Sept 8, 9 & 10    MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer, Verslagen

« Last Edit: 01/03/17 at 13:18:41 by verslagen1 »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #196 - 01/03/17 at 20:30:35

I hope we're all in this together !  Smiley

But if I bring a feller on an old Gold-Wing with a beard so long he tucks it into his belt to keep it out of the wind, then is that OK  ???  Huh

That's the guy with the beard not the old Wing !  Cheesy

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #197 - 01/04/17 at 03:21:26

I have no problem with a GoldWing rider.....as long as he can stay in the saddle for a full day of riding in the twisties!

Are you going to try and trick him into following your GPS onto a gravel road? Shocked

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #198 - 01/04/17 at 20:02:16

Dave, we got Badwolf and MM talking about a Pike's Peak run June 25 which is half a country away and is not in conflict with other events.  Thread is MM's Big Tank thread.

Not sure if they are serious or not.   That is another of those mega events that isn't Savage specific.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #199 - 01/04/17 at 20:32:07

Hmmm,  June 15 -18 at the KSL.... that is a week before the race.... very intersting.
Stuff gets rolling on the 22nd or the 23rd in PP.
Google maps say KSL to PP about 1400 miles, that's 3 easy days, Hmmmm....

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #200 - 01/04/17 at 20:52:34

OldFeller

After watching the clip of Pikes  Peak timed run ...  Undecided ... I'm not sure I'd even like to go up there .
No guard rails on a lot of it , and no scenery .   Just wide-open POWER-CLIMB , with a lot of AIR to catch ya if ya do anything wrong  !   Roll Eyes

I'd love to do the Denver thing with Versey but my calendar is just about filled up.

The month of June my wife is going to forget what I look like !  Grin
     A ride with ya up in Dragon Country
     two days at home , then
     A week in W.V. for the CMA National East. (June 20-25)

The last part of August is all I have left to work with.  Tongue

BadWolf if ya need an Over-Nite spot on the way somewhere , the offer is still open !  Wink

But I suspect BadWolf can stay in the Saddle as long or longer as/than  I care too !     I might have logged up 15k miles last year but he is ... WAY ... beyond that !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #201 - 01/05/17 at 08:44:26

Buster my be attending Lancers Ride , I hope so !  Smiley

Being on a "work" day I'll have to take a personal day off to attend, but it shouldn't be a problem. I can get more details later on - thanks for the invite.  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #202 - 01/05/17 at 10:02:38

There doesn't seem to be much interest in the July event, and we have far more events listed than the 1 or 2 events we have on most years - perhaps we should not count on an event in July.

That might be a good month for me to do something (go somewhere) with my wife!

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #203 - 01/05/17 at 10:49:48

Mike, That clip is a last year's King of The Hill going under 9 mins. I think it is around 16 miles, so that is around 105 MPH AVERAGE speed! I for one will NOT be challenging that mark. I just want to watch those people fly up the mountain, and ride up and down on a different day at a tourist's pace. Sort of a bucket list thing.
 In 02' I did 3 mountain 100 mile bicycle rides on a single speed road bike just to see if I could. I have never been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer!
I'm thinking the KSL weekend of the 17-18th, then my sister's in western Ky, and 2 days to PP. Just have to have about 50 other things line-up and I'm ready to go.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #204 - 01/05/17 at 20:55:59

BadWolf

it looked like that car was pushing its limits alright !  Shocked

I'm glad you got people scattered about the country .  Cool

Budget traveling is about to only way I get to go anywhere so I tend to "think" other folks are in the same boat.   So , having a free / safe place to overnight is something I'm always looking for .  Roll Eyes   So , in the interest of paying it forward , my offer stands.

I've got a buddy who took a week off work and rode his bicycle down the "Natchez Trace" (Nashville,Tn to Natchez,MS) and back (w/his bicycling buds).  Its 800+ miles round trip ... and lived to tell about it  !!!  Grin   So , my hat off to you and him !  Smiley

So if I took-off like that by myself and had some sort of problem , it would be good to have a ridding buddy to go for parts .  

The CMA Eastern National Rally is in WV. the week after our KSL week anyway and I'm kinda committed to lead our local chapter to it so I'll have to miss PP this year ...  Undecided   I believe both rides will be Fun !  Wink

Buster

Motul 3000 10w40
Zinc 1407ppm

Oklahoma
Reply #205 - 01/06/17 at 05:37:59

I was kindly invited to the Lancer event in May, but I had a couple of questions please. Maybe I missed it, but after running through most of the replies I still don't know much about it. I did see "Henryetta" posted back on page 4 I believe. Is Lancers Ride in Henryetta? That would be nice...since I used to live there and still have family there. Also, would I be able to bring someone with me even if he rides a Honda Magna? Thanks.

2015 S40 (Pearl Moon Stone Gray)
OEM Pillow Seat - OEM Windshield

"Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures."
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #206 - 01/06/17 at 08:04:51

Buster wrote on 01/06/17 at 05:37:59:
I was kindly invited to the Lancer event in May, but I had a couple of questions please. Maybe I missed it, but after running through most of the replies I still don't know much about it. I did see "Henryetta" posted back on page 4 I believe. Is Lancers Ride in Henryetta? That would be nice...since I used to live there and still have family there. Also, would I be able to bring someone with me even if he rides a Honda Magna? Thanks.

Yes, I have a Henryetta address and live 8 miles SE of town just west of the Arbeka bridge.  The back of our property is on the North Canadian River; there is 70 acres here.
I am an Eslick, and my dads mother was a Minyard.  My dad was born in Henryetta and my mom in Okemah.  I have not made out a ride plan yet but will be doing so in a couple of months.
What is your name and family that still lives here ?

Oh, and yes, of course you can bring other folks with you.
It does not matter what they ride.

Michael

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #207 - 01/06/17 at 09:50:06

Buster

One of my brothers rode a  Magna V-65 for 10 years or more , he's got a 1200 Sportster Chopper now .  I can't see our Oklahoma ride being nothing like a Dragon Run but , He could make that Honda  keep up  , it couldn't do the turns as quick but that bike would make it up on the straights just fine.    

Buster

Motul 3000 10w40
Zinc 1407ppm

Oklahoma
Reply #208 - 01/06/17 at 11:00:32

Going back many years their were quite a few Swans, Fowlers, Kirkpatricks and Blacks. Right now it's down (that I know of) to a few Blacks and a couple of Swans. Most have moved away or passed on. I'm a Kirkpatrick and moved away many years ago, but still drive down from time to time. Actually planning to go down tomorrow and shop for a chair at Burnett's furniture store. Also planned to make it back home in time to pick up my new S40, but roads will probably still be covered in a salty slush from the snow we got last night.

2015 S40 (Pearl Moon Stone Gray)
OEM Pillow Seat - OEM Windshield

"Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures."
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #209 - 01/07/17 at 15:39:04

Buster wrote on 01/06/17 at 11:00:32:
Going back many years their were quite a few Swans, Fowlers, Kirkpatricks and Blacks. Right now it's down (that I know of) to a few Blacks and a couple of Swans. Most have moved away or passed on. I'm a Kirkpatrick and moved away many years ago, but still drive down from time to time. Actually planning to go down tomorrow and shop for a chair at Burnett's furniture store. Also planned to make it back home in time to pick up my new S40, but roads will probably still be covered in a salty slush from the snow we got last night.

Where are you now Buster ?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 03:36:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.