Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #150 - 12/18/16 at 21:16:45

Yes, let's list it on the rides listing to see if we gain any co-riders.   http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/god-s-acre-healing-springs

Interesting history to that artesian well .....     The property officially belongs to God for public use, so we could treat it respectfully and pitch a tent off to the side of the parking lot for an overnight or so.    Pay to camp digs are also nearby, need to check it out anyway as it is the second major attraction in the area.    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g54143-d8591494-Reviews-Barnwel...

Sunday through Tuesday are my natural days off, so we can tweek that some by using up a vacation day.

Here is the general temperatures/rainfall for Blackville, SC   Late April to May looks good

Blackville weather essentials
MonthHighLowPrecip
Dec 55°F  30°F   2 in
Jan 54°F   29°F   4 in
Feb 57°F  32°F   4 in
Mar 64°F  38°F   4 in
Apr 71°F  45°F   3 in
May 79°F  53°F  2 in

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #151 - 12/18/16 at 21:32:15

Wink      Moderators, if you see something is wrong or is being missed in the shuffle, reach in and fix it -- that's what you got them long fingers for.

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET YET ....  same month can be listed and is fine for different areas of the country.   I am plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is going were plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip         Mid to Late April  NEED FIRM DATES      Youzguyz,  Springman,  Lancer

God's Acre / Fayetteville Ride      May 6-8     MM,  Oldfeller
Sunday - Tuesday ride to visit an ancient Indian healing spring located at Healing Springs Road,  Blackville, South Carolina, 29817.    http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/god-s-acre-healing-springs
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g54143-d8591494-Reviews-Barnwel...

Lancer Oklahoma trip   second half of May  NEED FIRM DATES   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Springman,  Verslagen,

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian,  Lamcer

Kickstand Lodge   June 13-18    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM,  Stewmills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is one of the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

MM's farm   July to  first week in August  NEED FIRM DATES   MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer

Arkansas Run   NEED FIRM DATES  Springman,   old.indian

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

« Last Edit: 12/19/16 at 02:14:27 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #152 - 12/18/16 at 21:52:15

I am good for any dates that you choose.

Kenny G

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #153 - 12/18/16 at 22:09:34

OldFeller

Don't forget at least one Dinning experence at : the Bread Basket !  Smiley

$7.95 and good home cooking too !   Smiley Smiley

https://www.yelp.com/biz/millers-bread-basket-blackville

you know of a place a feller might pitch a tent in your area the night before we go to the Spring ?   about the last of April or first part of May ..  Roll Eyes

You know every day is Saturday to me ...  Roll Eyes ... I'm OK with :  

Sunday ridding to your place
Monday going to Blackville
Tuesday ridding to your place
Wednesday ridding home .

If that works good for everybody else.   Also good with anybody who is comming from West,South or North making my place their Saturday stop-over .  I should be back by Dark-thirty-ish (maybe before?).  Cool

« Last Edit: 12/19/16 at 14:23:05 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #154 - 12/18/16 at 22:20:19

Yes, at the Chez Moi hotel, right down the hall from me ....

We got more takers on the way though, if it is more than jest you, we may pitch a tent in the back yard.   If we do that, I've got the Canvas Taj Mahal we can put up and let air out a day or so in advance -- lots of room for any who come (and it needs to be put up every decade or so to stay fresh).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #155 - 12/18/16 at 22:34:32

Undecided   Huh

So if its just me , then I have to stay at :    the Chez moi 

but ...

If anybody else shows then we can camp in the back yard ???

Huh

I'm OK with either !  Wink

May 6th I've got booked already .  That's a Saturday.  but

May 7th is OK with me ... if it works for everybody else  and the weather cooperates ?

I was just looking :   Its only 400 miles from my house to yours , and its only 200 miles from yours to Blackville .   Easy days !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #156 - 12/19/16 at 00:33:01

Think overflow and you got it.    I got no clue how many may come at this stage of things.

Plus, I don't know if the wife's 50 pound puppy and her herd of cats would put you off any.
After all it's "their" house and "their" bed, they just allow us to share it on good behavior ....

Plus it is easier for your bike to stay all packed up and use my tent, plus I get help putting the big arsed sucker up and down that way.

« Last Edit: 12/19/16 at 01:44:04 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #157 - 12/19/16 at 01:37:41

Fayetteville, NC has history, some of it not very appealing, but a long history in any case.

It was the highest navigable point in the Cape Fear River system, and as such the riverboats and barges all got offloaded at Fayetteville and then went by road all over the rest of the Deep South.  

Wilmington down at the mouth of the river and Fayetteville up at the top of the river were serious regional commercial hubs back in the day.

Fayetteville really was the main slave hub for the south, and we have the Market House still standing in the dead center of town.   I was an adult when they took down the slave chain & rings off the center columns because it was way too Politically Incorrect and the chains & rings 'simply had to be removed' in the 90's despite the various historical societies having kittens over the historical desecration of it all.   It was always called the Slave Market previously as they auctioned the naked slaves there like cattle, then when they removed the chain & rings it became "the Market House" making out like farmers had just brought their garden crops there to sell on Saturday mornings.  

Revisionist history at its finest.

Next item of some historical worth is the 87th Airborne Paratrooper Museum downtown -- Fort Bragg has always been home to America's paratroopers and the full graphical history of drop troops from day one to the last series of police actions was on display there.   PC has struck there as well, most of the heavy machine guns, drop artillery, mortars, flame throwers and such have been removed in the last 10 years.

Fayetteville WAS a major manufacturing hub of some considerable size, and we could take an outside the fence tour of closed major facilities such as Black and Decker, Monsanto, Cutler Hammer, Morganite, Purolater, Kelly Springfield (Goodyear) and the like.  Depressing as hell with new grass sprouting up through the cracked pavement--- and I wouldn't really want to lead such a jaunt as it cuts way too too close to home for me.    I worked at those places for over 30 years but only Goodyear and just part of Purolater remains open as of today.

Fayetteville and Spring Lake have some gun stores of some size, worth checking out if you are into that sort of stuff.

Food --- I have 20 pounds of Chicken Leg Quarters in the freezer and a smoker grill.          Roll Eyes        Sorry, no fresh caught 18 pound catfish.

« Last Edit: 12/19/16 at 13:25:23 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #158 - 12/19/16 at 02:25:08

Wink      Moderators, if you see something is wrong or is being missed in the shuffle, reach in and fix it -- that's what you got them long fingers for.

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET YET ....  same month can be listed and is fine for different areas of the country.   I am plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is going were plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip         Mid to Late April  NEED FIRM DATES      Youzguyz,  Springman,  Lancer

God's Acre / Fayetteville Ride      May 6-9     MM,  Oldfeller
Saturday - Tuesday ride to visit Oldfeller at Fayetteville NC and then going on Monday to an ancient Indian healing spring located at Healing Springs Road,  Blackville, South Carolina, 29817.   Arrival on Saturday or Sunday is good, Sunday afternoon arrival misses the Fayetteville tour stuff.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/god-s-acre-healing-springs

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g54143-d8591494-Reviews-Barnwel...

Lancer Oklahoma trip   second half of May  NEED FIRM DATES   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Springman,  Verslagen,

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian,  Lamcer

Kickstand Lodge   June 13-18    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM,  Stewmills,  RaleighGuy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is one of the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

MM's farm   July to  first week in August  NEED FIRM DATES   MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer

Arkansas Run   NEED FIRM DATES     old.indian    Only one person and no dates ......   will hold this for a week to see what comes of it

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

« Last Edit: 12/20/16 at 18:59:18 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #159 - 12/19/16 at 12:39:31

Weather permitting, I am good to go on the date of your choosing for the Lancer trip.

Kenny G

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #160 - 12/19/16 at 12:51:38

Dates for the Twisted Sisters Run.
OF says "Mid to Late April"

Not really my call when it happens, as I am here already and I only act as "tour guide".  
Better known as me going for a ride like I normally would and anybody who happens to be around is welcome to follow me.
OK.. a bit more formal than that.  I will make sure the same number (or more) motorcycles are still behind me when I stop for lunch.  Roll Eyes

Seriousely folks.  Like I said before, ya'll are welcome here anytime.
If it is just you passing through or staying in the area for a while, I will do my best (and hopefully better this year  Embarrassed ) to make sure you see some of the fine roads that are here to be ridden.  

And I will make sure that this doesn't happen to you!!!
« Last Edit: 12/20/16 at 01:59:52 by youzguyz »  

urlost.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #161 - 12/19/16 at 21:11:36

In truth, Youzguyz, the old date for the old run was cribbed from your last year's listing.  

There is nothing to say your group cannot change the date to something that suits the group better.   Things will come up and dates will change on all of these events -- this is why the events listing keeps getting changed and copied down to each page as it fills up.

It moves and breathes -- it is alive .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #162 - 12/20/16 at 01:58:45

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/19/16 at 21:11:36:

In truth, Youzguyz, the old date for the old run was cribbed from your last year's listing.  

There is nothing to say your group cannot change the date to something that suits the group better.   Things will come up and dates will change on all of these events -- this is why the events listing keeps getting changed and copied down to each page as it fills up.

It moves and breathes -- it is alive .....

Exactly..  It just doesn't matter when people want to come here (well.. late summer really is not a good idea) as long as they coordinate when they want to get here so they all get here when the other ones are here, as it is a "gathering".
Soooo.. Lancer and Springman.  If you both are feeling the urge to "head for the Hills (Country)", put your heads together and see what works for ya'll.  Cheesy

Individuals are also welcome to wander through the area when it suits them and I will ride with them as well.  Cool

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
RaleighGuy

It's as easy as

Raleigh, NC
Reply #163 - 12/20/16 at 04:14:07

I'd love to take 3 or 4 of these trips but it ain't gonna happen because the Mrs. and I are going on our very first trip to Hawaii this March. Along with our week-long vacation to Sunset Beach with the whole gosh-darned family this summer and my normal volunteer week at church camp. I've only got so much vacation time here at the Dept of Transportation.

But I AM interested in going to Kickstand Lodge. Even though I can't attend for all five days and I will probably fall waaaaay behind everybody else if y'all do the Dragon, I'd love to try it.

So please count me in for at least three days of the middle of June!!   Cheesy

2012 S40 Boulevard (White and Silver) - small changes so far like windshield, sissy bar, saddlebags... but mostly stock.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #164 - 12/20/16 at 04:56:40

RaleighGuy wrote on 12/20/16 at 04:14:07:
But I AM interested in going to Kickstand Lodge. Even though I can't attend for all five days and I will probably fall waaaaay behind everybody else if y'all do the Dragon, I'd love to try it.
Cheesy

The neat part of the Tail of the Dragon is that we can all ride at our own speeds, and then catch up at the overlook area.  Our general routine is to go at a slow pace with any new rider for their first trip through....then pick up the pace once the new rider knows what to expect.  There are lots of blind corners, and a several of them start out at a gentle radius that gets tighter as the corner continues (decreasing radius for your Transportation guys).....and which corners do that changes when you ride the other direction.  There are also days and time when the Dragon should be avoided.  All day Thursday and Friday mornings are OK.....Friday afternoons and Saturdays can be a circus.  Some weekends car clubs can have events in the area, and it can make the Dragon unsafe as they have trouble staying in their lane on the tight curves.

There are other incredible roads in the area.....Moonshiner 28 is a road that is full of curves, Wayah Road is nearby, the Cherohala Skyway is not far away, etc.  We ride at our own pace, then stop at the next intersection to gather up before moving on.  As a group we don't ride over the speed limits - the fun comes from riding the curves without slowing down much!

The Kickstand Lodge works great for us to gather together and ride whatever days we can.  I tend to show up on a Wednesday night and leave on Sunday.....that way I only miss 2 days of work.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 21:29:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.