Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #135 - 12/15/16 at 10:35:22

Blew past his road captain once when the guy was acting jest like a porky hurley .....

Well , I don't have to even think about any of the CMA bunch blowing past me even if I am on the Harley .   I got trained well  by some of them OldFeller's of mountain folks !  Grin

I did pass one of them once before I was a member .   It was in a different chapter .   So we were on a 5 lane Hwy , doing 35 in a 40 zone , really light traffic , in the right lane w/nothing in the left lane .  Well the pokey cage we were  following slows to turn right .   You would think we would just switch lanes and speed-up  Smiley .   No , the Road Captain hits the brakes ---  Tongue ---  Roll Eyes ---  Shocked --- , I changed lanes and went on !  Wink
I guess my patience gets thin with folks who don't know whats around them while they are on the road .   Yea , after a while I waited for them to catch-up.   I guess it was kinda embarrassing for the guy so I didn't rub-it-in  .   I did tell him to "pay-more-attention , if he was going to lead."    Next ride we went on  he  actually did 45 mph in the 45 zones , but he never did get out of the habit of  using his brakes as his first line of defense.   Suspect he didn't learn to drive on a Honda 65cc ?  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #136 - 12/15/16 at 18:39:41

Sorry about not posting... haven't been interneting much...
I've been REALLY busy, long work hours, 2 hour drive to work (one way, I leave at 3:30am and get back at 5pm), looking for a house in Alabama near Foley/Fairhope area (every weekend search), Truck is acting up...been working every night on it....sigh...
I got my two DJI quads and can't even get the good one updated to latest software! let alone fly them....

Thunder beach is a bunch of vendor areas all over town, with one or two main event areas.
VERY crowded but fun to see all the bikes and types of folks.
It is one hour from where I live, nice flat straight drive....like all florida roads Smiley
I have never looked for campsites around here and i'm not sure i'll be living here when the first one rolls around, I'll be two hours west of here by then, making the trip 3 hours to get to.
I have never gone to Daytona, heard it is three times the size of Thunder Beach and about 10 times as rowdy, although i've never seen TB get rowdy but one time during a late night concert. ( a few cop cars with sirens and ten or so officers and it ended in about 15 min).

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #137 - 12/15/16 at 19:50:01

Old_Rider, are you saying that you may not be in town by then?

If so, I think we should pull the event listings as Savage events, as otherwise they are just massive Hurley Herd events ....  

... really really massive Hurley Herd events.

Like, major traffic jam huge at Daytona Beach .....

Tongue

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #138 - 12/15/16 at 20:52:11

Regarding the May Ride, according to Accuweather the average temps are lows at about 60 and highs 80-83 for the last 3 weeks of May.  Sounds like near perfect riding temps.  Of course there are occasional showers but usually they come through and are gone.  Any heavy rain systems won't be known until much closer to the time.  Also, God can intervene at any time and change things, but for planning purposes it looks like a good time.

Besides this ride here in Oklahoma, I have an  interest in:

Twisted Sisters in april
Denver in June
MM's farm in August

Put me down for those and hopefully I will be able to participate.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #139 - 12/16/16 at 05:33:00

Wink      Moderators, if you see something is wrong or is being missed in the shuffle, reach in and fix it -- that's what you got them long fingers for.

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET YET ....  same month can be listed and is fine for different areas of the country.   I am plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is going were plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

God's Acre Ride   NEED FIRM DATES   Sunday - Tuesday ride to visit an ancient Indian healing spring located at Healing Springs Road,  Blackville, South Carolina, 29817.    http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/god-s-acre-healing-springs

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip         Mid to Late April  NEED FIRM DATES      Youzguyz,  Springman,  Lancer

Lancer Oklahoma trip   second half of May  NEED FIRM DATES   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Springman,  Verslagen,

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian,  Lamcer

Kickstand Lodge   June 13-18    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM,  Stewmills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

MM's farm   July to  first week in August  NEED FIRM DATES   MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer

Arkansas Run   NEED FIRM DATES  Springman,   old.indian

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

« Last Edit: 12/18/16 at 21:24:02 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #140 - 12/16/16 at 05:39:43

Culled the two massive Hurley Herd events in Florida, added all the takers showing interest to the rest of the trips.    Read and correct any misunderstood sign ups, please.

The Arkansas trip really needs some dates -- still a little bit too theoretical to get very many takers.  Nobody wants to sign up for a trip with an unknown month .....

A considerable number of the trips are solid now, so the trip coordinator needs to post some firm dates after talking to his group some.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #141 - 12/16/16 at 06:50:30

For those interested in the Oklahoma Ride, if there are any issues with any weeks or dates that fall in the last 3 weeks of May please get back to me soon.  I will give it a week of so and if there are no issues with anyone I will pick some permanent dates.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #142 - 12/17/16 at 20:23:45

I've been looking at my calendar ,

August 11th and 12th is our Tn. State Rally at Montgomery Bell State Park.   It is :
Day Rides
Bike Games
Good clean fun and games every night
Camping at the State Park is cheep and easy , if anybody want to go I'll get two campsites and we can fill them up with tents (I have (4) cots ).   Our group usually get at least (3) camp sites anyway.  

Or

Our Lynchburg Motorcycle Rally is usually on 9/11 weekend and the weather is usually nice that week.   That might be a good time to be in Lynchburg.
On Friday Venders set-up in the park , then Saturday there is a Poker-Run followed by :
Some times its Trials Bikes Stunts
Some times its Stunt Sport Bikes (geared low - wheelies , stopies , etc.)
Live Music Saturday Night.
One year Dave cleaned our bikes and we entered the Bike contest thingie , We all won trophy s !

I'll go get more info next week . Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #143 - 12/17/16 at 21:03:40

MM,  did you see my thread about Obamacare crapping out, taking my retirement this spring with it?    I won't be going to Oklahoma as I am back to "limited vacation day" planning.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #144 - 12/17/16 at 22:19:47

Yea , That bunch that set-up Obama care  Angry

unfortunately , it rains on the unjust and the just.
all it takes to understand the situation is a study of the Old Testament .   Our nation has to be punished into repentance and your paying the price for the sin of others .   I'm sorry your caught in middle here buddy.  Sad

Anybody that says that ; "their sin isn't anybody's  businesses" ... is completely ignorant of what forces are really in the world.  Until the  LIGHTS  come on for them they never can see ... I know , its SAD !    

I've got a friend who had lost cost insurance where she works ,  her low cost plan didn't measure-up to the new requirements so it was dropped.  That left her paying Hundreds of $$$ more for what she didn't need.  

The HORROR  STORIES go on endlessly , but if you wanted to become a member of the opposite sex at least your insurance would pay for that now !    Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 12/18/16 at 12:59:57 by MMRanch »  

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #145 - 12/18/16 at 05:03:23

I think I'm good with what I am so I won't be in need of a sex change.  😏

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #146 - 12/18/16 at 13:10:14

What I was getting at is that the  :  All inclusive insurance is more expensive , and now we are paying the Bill for it .

And then there is , the price of the Nation's Sin , I'm Sure we'll be paying the price for that too!  Sad

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #147 - 12/18/16 at 17:12:34

We have been paying for our sin, at least in part.
Gods hand was lifted slightly these past years and we felt the enemy rush in.
For the time being He has responded to His people humbling themselves and seeking His face and given us a second chance with a new president who seems willing to try to do God's will...mostly.
Pray for guidance for all of us.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #148 - 12/18/16 at 20:39:18

new president who seems willing to try to do God's will...mostly.
Pray for guidance for all of us

* 2  Smiley

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #149 - 12/18/16 at 21:08:23

OldFeller

I NEED to go here :

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/god-s-acre-healing-springs

Its just a little South of where you live .   Soon as the weather warms up you interested in a day ride ?  

Huh

The Information about it , was kinda brought to me in a most   USUAL  WAY   through a series of coincidences ...  

An  X-student I haven't seen in years
Happened to be in Tn. visiting her mom.
Happened to attend a Wedding because her friend was invited .
Happened to be buying a house on the same road as the Spring.
The Wedding was for one of my Friend's Daughter.
There were close to 100 folks there and she almost left without us catching each others eyes .  Then neither of us knew why we needed to talk till I said " We get to SC. sometimes on Dragon-Day-Rides"
Come to find out Kathy's  mom in-law runs a Biker-Friendly Cafe "Millers Bread Basket" in the Blackville SC. area.  
https://www.yelp.com/biz/millers-bread-basket-blackville

And -- there is a State Park near that has camping and camping cabins ,bath-house stuff .  

Seems like a ready made Ride just waiting on us !  Smiley

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/5849

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 21:20:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.