Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #105 - 12/12/16 at 08:58:43

Thanks Gary I like that site too.   If I could remember the routes we've been on I'd post some of them to these sites .    Trouble is , most of the adventures we find by accident / without a clue how we found them !  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #106 - 12/12/16 at 10:15:40

MM.....I looked at the Sunday morning rides web page - and I looked at your area in Lynchburg.

Evidently there is no place to ride where you live! Huh
(Or you are keeping the good rides a secret so the roads don't get crowded).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #107 - 12/12/16 at 10:35:56

I know he knows routes, that they aren't ritten down don't surprise me.

The road back from the University was a good one.
And the ride to the repeater was good too.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #108 - 12/12/16 at 16:08:33

Evidently there is no place to ride where you live! Huh
(Or you are keeping the good rides a secret so the roads don't get crowded).

Wink

Yea Dave :

There is a little town called Sherwood over the mountain and the road getting there should be listed where other folks can find it.
Then there is 41A up to Monteagle and Hwy 41 comming down the same mountain.   Thats the road that Versey is referring too.

Ain't none of them as good as that ride you took us through the Park and the loop that got us there.  Cool

I can put us a couple of day-rides together that cover most of what we got .
O-Yea there is Hwy. 56 comming down off Monteagle Mountain into South Pittsburgh where the Lodge Cast-Iron is made. The road is so steep a LS-650 in 3rd gear wide open won't gain speed going up it.   I'll bet its really fun in the winter .  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #109 - 12/13/16 at 07:49:18

All this planning sounds interesting. I do not know if I can make more than one ride this year and that being the case the ride to Lancer's is what I want to do. Just like Gary, we are doing our family vacation in early July and I do not know yet if I will be able to take off for a ride in the second part of the year. Waiting on Lancer to set a date. This sounds like a really fun gathering.

Now let me just be clear about things. Just because the 2nd half of the year looks difficult for me, does not mean I am necessarily counting myself out. Grin Grin Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #110 - 12/13/16 at 09:25:12

does not mean I am necessarily counting myself out.

Count-you-Out !!!

I thought you were buying Dinner ???    

Grin Grin Grin

You let us Tent in your back yard , heck , we'll bring the party to your house !   Smiley

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #111 - 12/13/16 at 11:29:02

With only 2 days of travel to get to Lancers, I can get a full week in of recreation   Cool
count me in.

I like the august date, but we'll see.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #112 - 12/13/16 at 14:18:44

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET YET ....  

Lancer Oklahoma trip   April - May  NEED FIRM DATES   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Oldfeller,  Springman,  Verslagen,

After checking with other things on the personal schedule it looks like the 2nd half of May will work best, as well as provide decent weather.
If there are other suggestions in this general time frame then please include them.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #113 - 12/13/16 at 15:32:21

MM, you are always welcome at my house. And I may even buy dinner! Smiley

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #114 - 12/13/16 at 15:34:27

Second half of May for Lancer's probably works for me. I have already been talking it up a bit at home.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #115 - 12/13/16 at 16:14:23

I am good for that period of time in May.

Kenny G

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #116 - 12/13/16 at 16:50:05

Versey

I like the august date, but we'll see.

You know what the first week of August  is :   If we were in the area anyway we would have to stop by for a visit , maybe have to ride the Black hills a bit while we were near-by ???   If OldFeller went also we would be pulling a trailer.   Roll Eyes

Doesn't May kinda rime with Oklahoma a little ?   They must naturally go together some how .   Grin

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #117 - 12/13/16 at 23:37:32

Wink      Moderators, if you see something is wrong or is being missed in the shuffle, reach in and fix it -- that's what you got them long fingers for.

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET YET ....  same month can be listed and is fine for different areas of the country.   I am plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is going were plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Arkansas Run  dates please ???    Springman,   old.indian

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip         Mid to Late April    "Ya'll are welcome back to my neck of the woods anytime."    Youzguyz,  Springman,  Lancer

Lancer Oklahoma trip   second half of May  NEED FIRM DATES   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Oldfeller,  Springman,  Verslagen,

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian,  Lamcer

Kickstand Lodge   June 21-24    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM,  Stewmills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

MM's farm   July to  first week in August   MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

« Last Edit: 12/16/16 at 05:30:30 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #118 - 12/13/16 at 23:52:35

OK, you guys are beginning to ask the wife about what's planned on the family side of things and that is good -- can't plan these bike trips in a vacuum.

Springman is kinda sorta over committed (yeah, I know, kid in the candy store) and is beginning to pull back some.   When he picks his trips, he'll post and we will adjust all the listings.

Old_Rider is incommunicado so trips to his area are coming up with "no takers" at this point in time and may actually be dropped after the first of the year.

The rest of us need to look at what we can really do and plan for a reasonable amount of trips (the best ones that we think we can really do).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #119 - 12/14/16 at 07:03:15

Count me in at 75% for the Kickstand Lodge June 21-24.  I will have been there the weekend of May 12 for another group ride but should be able to sneak in another 3 day weekend.

I would like to attend the Thunder Beach Run May 3-7 since it's only a 3 hour drive from me, but since I already have plans the following weekend I am not so sure I can squeeze in another weekend away as somewhere in this whole mix I'll have a full week off in May for a family vacation.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 19:21:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.