Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Having a little trouble with Dyna Muffler install (Read 77 times)
Systemat1c
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Having a little trouble with Dyna Muffler install
08/13/16 at 06:29:48

Hey guys, I'm trying to get the Dyna muffler installed but my issue is that the muffler won't slide all the way on up to the lip because the end of the header is angled more towards the bike.

03' Savage

Any ways to overcome this?

Thanks a bundle!
Shea

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Having a little trouble with Dyna Muffler inst
Reply #1 - 08/13/16 at 08:07:42

The angle doesn't match.  You either need to use the hacksaw and soup can method.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1298689417

Or you need to buy the angle adapter that is sold by RYCA...or maybe Superthumper can sell you one of his from the Marketplace listing on this forum.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #2 - 08/13/16 at 12:58:11

coat the exhaust end with muffler cement, slide the muff as far up as possible, bolt the rail to the bike, tighten the muffler clamp, let sit overnight, ride. works a charm!  Cool

IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Reply #3 - 08/13/16 at 15:48:00

When installing, loosen the header bolts at the engine to allow the header pipe to move around a bit, which will help with lining the pipes up. Keep all mounting bolts loose until everything is in place.

If you are saying that the muffler will not slip all the way up to the ring stop on the header, that is because the inlet pipe inside the muffler reduces diameter before the muffler slips all the way on. This is not a big deal. Slip it on as far as it will go and put a good muffler clamp on it. The other option is to cut about 1" off of the end of the header pipe.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/13/16 at 21:07:18

The header bolts are skinny and wimpy. Getting horsey with the header pipe while attached to the bike is, IMO, bad business.
I had to shorten the header t Land my Supertrapp . The sparks from the grinder exploded the battery. Watch the vent tube.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 04:04:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Having a little trouble with Dyna Muffler install

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.