Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Broken idle screw o-ring? (Read 251 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Broken idle screw o-ring?
Reply #30 - 07/30/16 at 07:19:47

overnight, if you want those puppies clean

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #31 - 07/30/16 at 07:34:58

I suggested yamalube carb dip to you last year. You can immerse the whole carb if you like, it doesn't harm plastic or rubber and works great. But you ignored that advice, probaby you could make something cheaper at home from diesel fuel and caustic soda or something that works better. So, forget the yamalube. You wouldn't like it.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #32 - 07/30/16 at 10:01:46

Well, I got a brilliant idea.  Smiley Use both dips! One for each carb. That lets me dip them longer and still get things done.

I couldn't get the spring and oring out of one carb, so I put it in the Berryman's, hoping the soak would get it unstuck. The Napa brand might would have done a better job, though.

The two dips are different colors. The Berrymans is very dark, while I can see through the Napa stuff. The Berryman's has a bigger, better basket. Their ingredients vary quite a bit. The napa brand seems to have more oil/petroleum stuff like naptha (its first ingredient), and the Berrymans has more weird chemicals like amines (no naptha). They do share some common ingredients, though. They even seem to smell different. Both leave a slimy feel on nitrile gloves, though. We'll see how each acts.

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #33 - 07/30/16 at 10:06:12

gizzo wrote on 07/30/16 at 07:34:58:
I suggested yamalube carb dip to you last year. You can immerse the whole carb if you like, it doesn't harm plastic or rubber and works great. But you ignored that advice, probaby you could make something cheaper at home from diesel fuel and caustic soda or something that works better. So, forget the yamalube. You wouldn't like it.

Thanks for the advice. If I need more carb dip, I'll keep it in mind.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #34 - 07/31/16 at 08:44:04

Anybody know how much tension should go in the throttle springs? I got a tip from a mikuni site, I think. You basically just turn it in tension till everything lines up. Different carb, though... Do all of them work about the same? I doubt the manual will be of any help. It does not even suggest removing the throttle assembly. The throttle assembly has been a bit of a jigsaw puzzle, getting everything in tension, put together and aligned just right.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:30:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Broken idle screw o-ring?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.