Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Broken idle screw o-ring? (Read 251 times)
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Re: Broken idle screw o-ring?
Reply #15 - 07/28/16 at 20:37:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/28/16 at 16:41:28:
Dude, stop listening to your dad .

Yeah, sometimes that's a good idea. Sacrificed what I wanted to do (look for bike parts) to do what he wanted (order a part for his little tractor). Even took the route he advised. Ended up going the wrong way, and by the time I got there, I had to walk out on them without ordering anything, and ended up 10 minutes late for work. Then I sucked at my work because, after all that, your mind is so far in the gutter, you just don't feel like working.

Chain reaction
Shades of passion
We surrender
Lose control

--Journey

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #16 - 07/28/16 at 20:40:40

Of course, I could have ended up late anyway. What I should have done was been earlier on the errands, and I wouldn't have had the problem.  Roll Eyes

About that dealership, it didn't help that I didn't really like them in the first place and that they were so picky about everything and couldn't seem to get anything done. When I got there, I discovered that they wouldn't take any special orders over the phone. So, I have to drive... what... 30 miles down the road just to order a part, and then go again and pick it up!  Angry At least it's on my way to work.

There was a sign on the window which stated that they would check IDs on all card purchases or something like that. Yeah... as if somebody is going to steal a credit card... and... the first thing he's gonna use it for is to buy... Wait for it... TRACTOR PARTS!  Grin How pathetically stupid!!!

They must get alot of shady redneck farmers. Roll Eyes

I think we're just going to order our tractor parts through the web now. Wink

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #17 - 07/29/16 at 19:50:28

I know, I know, you're going to say something... I don't care... I'm going a little crazy here and I could use some help.

Here's what I told the Honda people.

After having difficulty attempting to remove the throttle plate assembly, I panicked and bought some Berryman's Chem-dip which is hopefully safer than the stuff I had. Turns out, Later, I was able to remove the throttle plate but I still can't get the nut holding the shaft loose. This means I'll never be able to get all the plastic out. .

I'm going crazy here. I don't want to wait another whole day to get the bike running. I wanted to use some dip and get the thing really clean, but I don't want to destroy the little nylon washers/bushings.  The clymer's book reads like you should just dump the whole thing in the dip, plastic washers and all :frustration:

Help!

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #18 - 07/29/16 at 19:55:58

Yep, that pretty much sums it.

I didn't have a screwdriver handy that fit those screws, and they looked like they had been made tamper-resistant from the factory.

This has me really upset. I bought all that dip, and I've never gotten around to use it. Then I bought some more dip. Will I ever get to use it either? Does it take a whole day to soak two carburetors? Will half and hour each suffice? Or is that not enough? Will the plastic get eaten, and then I have to wait another week for parts that I may have difficulty replacing, if I can get them at all?

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #19 - 07/29/16 at 20:06:27

Here we go again

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #20 - 07/29/16 at 20:20:06

You need a security bit set from harbor freight. There is rarely something I cannot get into.

As far as your questions about carb dip eating plastic, I have no clue. If the instructions say it will, THEN IT WILL. If someone here tells you it will, THEN IT WILL.  Otherwise, it's your gamble.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #21 - 07/29/16 at 20:22:06

Well, Kenny, you just made my day better. Grin

Not only that....

Disaster is no more. I got everything loose.

Smiley

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #22 - 07/29/16 at 20:25:33

Yeah, I'm rather uneasy on the whole idea of dipping plastic in that stuff. Maybe I'll find some worthless or easy to find plastic part or rubber o-ring and just let it soak in that stuff one day just as an experiment to see for myself what will happen.

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #23 - 07/29/16 at 20:40:18

[quote author=22292420312F2436237375410 link=1469592753/0#14 date=1469762810]justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/28/16 at 16:41:28:
He was the one who tried to use a torch, a large tip to make it worse, to attempt to cut a small steel bolt out of an aluminum head..

OMFG! Shocked The torch was only supposed to heat the aluminium head enough to expand it a bit and loosen it's grip on the screw. Not cut the broken screw out. No wonder the head melted.  Grin Grin Grin

It keeps getting better. Thanks Cheapy.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #24 - 07/29/16 at 20:40:44

Just because something else doesn't get harmed doesn't rule out your carb. Unless you are a chemist or plastics expert, you can't make that call. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Savageman

Knowledge is half
the battle

Marysville, California
Re: Broken RECORD idle screw o-ring?
Reply #25 - 07/29/16 at 23:15:11

Can't a Moderator block and delete certain threads and certain IP addresses? i WOULD LIKE TO THINK SO ANYWAYS !    Roll Eyes

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #26 - 07/30/16 at 00:08:21

what thread?

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #27 - 07/30/16 at 06:20:59

MODERATEors are just that, moderate.

The most I would expect them to do is perhaps to move a thread to the appropriate area of the list.

The real issue here now is Alice is complaining about too many people bringing oily engines, torches and stinky carburetor dip tanks into her pristine Cafe and plunking them down on her white table cloths.  Plus the fire hazard from the solvent dip tanks sitting next to the blow torches, etc ......    

Alice is also concerned about her Health Department rating as she is due for an inspection.    She says customers are beginning to complain to her a bit about it, too.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #28 - 07/30/16 at 06:56:48

Cheap, I have mucho experience with Chem dip
DO NO PUT ANYTHING RUBBER OR PLASTIC IN IT THAT YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grin

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #29 - 07/30/16 at 07:14:01

What, Does Savageman want rid of me now?

Oh, well...

Now I'm wondering which brand of dip to use as I now have to different kinds... Napa brand and Berryman"s.. Roll Eyes I think Savageman recommended overnight. The can says 15-30 minutes... no more than 4 hours for coated aluminum. Some say that carbs have some sort of varnish on them. Huh Oh... Well... I'll just do something I guess. Undecided

I honestly don't want to wait another whole day soaking carbs.

Decisions.... Decisions....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:13:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Broken idle screw o-ring?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.