Send Topic Print
Brexit (Read 331 times)
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Brexit
06/24/16 at 00:44:52

What do you think about?

Since the EU exists, as we understand it today, we are all been led to believe that the exit from the EU would be devastating to the economy of the outgoing country.

I am considering that the UK has never joined the Euro and also that they have two years to plan the exit strategy, it could be that they will not be affected as much as the government wants us to believe.

I'm not an economist and I'm not British, so this is just a personal observation.

We'll see...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Brexit
Reply #1 - 06/24/16 at 03:43:20

Well if Trump wins the presidency here.....
With the same "folk are tired" of the same old same old, from politicians, energy that drove this vote, where will Bot go?

Maybe all the losers can do one BIG massive sit in.......

ON THE MOON  Grin

Seems progressive-ism/liberalism people are rejecting around the world, golly, perhaps Obama can coin a new word for them, that will chastise them, OH, how about idiots, as in, "They is too stupid to know what I thinks best for hem...... " 

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 06/24/16 at 08:06:42

I'm Thrilled that the vote was counted honestly. I'm expecting to see some retribution.. The people who voted to leave here hurt some people, helped others, I suppose, but Certainly hurt some big financial houses. The fearmongering they tried didn't Work!
So, I expect retribution.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 06/24/16 at 08:12:31

I think the remaining EU will feel the need to exact some consequences upon The UK...
Jilted lovers can be harsh... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #4 - 06/24/16 at 08:13:42

When you listen to the reporters in Britain, they describe the desire to leave as a working class protest against the financial / political "status quo" that exist on both sides of the Atlantic.    Then the American "reporters", (and I use the term loosely), come on and spout doom and gloom, "But everything will be fine as soon as Hillary is elected"*    
* No fooling !!!! Some "thing" on CNN (A.K.A. the Clinton News Network)went into a rant about how Hillary would be able to control the situation .....   Huh

I will agree that there is a working class protest against the political and financial establishment in this country.   The backing for Trump and Bernie are two sides of the same coin of protest. (They both represent the "anti-establishment" movement in the two political parties.)

No matter who is elected, my money is on "business as usual" in Washington DC....  After all, "We Have The Best Government That Money Can Buy." Cool

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 06/24/16 at 08:17:20

It's like I said elsewhere.....
It is simple reasoning.
Think back to your first credit card.
You used it without considering the hole you dig if you carry debt.
It temporarily provides answers to needs and wants, but really didn't address the wherewithal to pay for it.

The pitfall of a "if it feels good" do it liberal mindset with out even entertaining the long term consequences  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 06/24/16 at 08:29:45

raydawg wrote on 06/24/16 at 08:17:20:
It is simple reasoning.
It temporarily provides answers to needs and wants, but really didn't address the wherewithal to pay for it.

The pitfall of a "if it feels good" do it liberal mindset with out even entertaining the long term consequences  Embarrassed

Why is that "liberal"?...
Doesn't that imply that Trump supporters are "liberal"?...

Just tagging anything negative with a liberal label?... Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/24/16 at 08:34:38

Good for them for leaving. They were only in with one foot, they kept their pound and did mandate switch to Euro.

There's more good than bad in this. The nonsense about business being affected is just that, nonsense. Money is money and those in business at the top will find a way to make it work. I listed to the BBC yesterday early afternoon and all the reporters sounded like our MSM with talk about how they were not leaving and only white working class were in favor of it. Sound familiar?.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/24/16 at 08:44:14

Trump supporters aren't knee jerk response type people. It's taken years to get fed up to the point a man like Trump looks like a valid solution.

Said it before, I'm not convinced Trump is the right guy to be at the point of this spear, but he's the guy who's got the job now. He says he realizes the significance of his time in history, lets hope so. Always melodramatic to say 'this is the most important election'....blah blah blah, but the thing is, one of these times, it will be the most important election. We will not survive as America if we keep electing Obamas and Hilarys. Fact is, it may be too late for anyone to save us from the enormous bureaucracy we've created. Honestly, can we survive with a leadership that actually thinks bringing in millions of immigrants from some of these $hithole countries is a good idea? Mind boggling...

Look, I'm all in favor of an all out war in the middle east with any country with an Islamic population that gives aid and comfort to Islamic terrorists. They are the Nazis of our generation and we are letting them take a foothold over here. I don't get it.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 06/24/16 at 08:57:46

WebsterMark wrote on 06/24/16 at 08:44:14:
Look, I'm all in favor of an all out war in the middle east with any country with an Islamic population that gives aid and comfort to Islamic terrorists. They are the Nazis of our generation and we are letting them take a foothold over here. I don't get it.

Will you go fight it?...
Will your children?...

War has a much higher body count than a few random acts of terrorism...
... and, when have we won?...  Once we declare victory and leave, we leave even more embittered people in the country we invaded.
This is how the problem started in the first place, with the invasion of Iraq...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 06/24/16 at 09:48:40

Serowbot wrote on 06/24/16 at 08:57:46:
WebsterMark wrote on 06/24/16 at 08:44:14:

Will you go fight it?...
Will your children?...

War has a much higher body count than a few random acts of terrorism...
... and, when have we won?...  Once we declare victory and leave, we leave even more embittered people in the country we invaded.
This is how the problem started in the first place, with the invasion of Iraq...

The problem dates so far in advance of the current issue it isn't even funny.
Bow to mecca and prey 5 times a day and they'll still come after you for the type of rug you're prostrate on.

WWW   IP Logged
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Reply #11 - 06/24/16 at 09:52:53

This thread is totally gone off topic!  Cheesy

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 06/24/16 at 10:16:18

Serowbot wrote on 06/24/16 at 08:29:45:
raydawg wrote on 06/24/16 at 08:17:20:
It is simple reasoning.

Just tagging anything negative with a liberal label?... Grin

Oh sorry.....
Progressive, ya know, like global change in the weather, since warming kinda didn't fit anymore, eh.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 06/24/16 at 10:19:20

Violent_Rage wrote on 06/24/16 at 00:44:52:
What do you think about?

Since the EU exists, as we understand it today, we are all been led to believe that the exit from the EU would be devastating to the economy of the outgoing country.

I am considering that the UK has never joined the Euro and also that they have two years to plan the exit strategy, it could be that they will not be affected as much as the government wants us to believe.

I'm not an economist and I'm not British, so this is just a personal observation.

We'll see...

If computers ever get to powerful, we'll form them into a committee and that will do them in.
and...
If ever a democracy finds out it can vote itself wealth, it's soon doomed to destruction.

heavily redacted and paraphrased by my mental committee (see inside out)

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #14 - 06/24/16 at 10:24:44

If computers ever get to powerful, we'll form them into a committee and that will do them in.
and...

That's a brilliant observation, and I intend to steal it.

If ever a democracy finds out it can vote itself wealth, it's soon doomed to destruction.

A warning from long ago, that has not been heeded.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 06:03:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Brexit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.