Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Truth hurts......sometimes? (Read 176 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Truth hurts......sometimes?
Reply #15 - 06/21/16 at 13:15:20

Serowbot wrote on 06/21/16 at 12:04:42:
raydawg wrote on 06/21/16 at 11:10:55:
Dan forged a document to make his desire to burn Junior Bush with a negative story.... Not until a typewriter expert caught the discrepancy did he get held accountable....
Not only that, it speaks volumes in him thinking he could do this in the first place

Yes,.. the document a fake... and his research did not catch that...
Rather did not forge it... and his conclusion about Bush was true and correct.  That was never disputed...
..but, he was fired anyway...

I think Dan Rather should have should have been reprimanded, and made a public correction and apology... but not been fired.
This woman,.. should apologize also... but, not be fired...

Fox News went to court, to defend their right to report lies...
That's beyond the pale... Orwellian... Huh

Oh Fox News....... Deflection?

If it was true, why did they need to lie?
You can't have it both ways.

I understand your need to assign things to justify your beliefs, heck we all do, but perception is not fact, and the truth subjective.
You can see this exhibited with numbers, depending how you ask a question, then fine tune, or edit that question, to get the results you wanted in the first place....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 06/21/16 at 14:39:59

raydawg wrote on 06/21/16 at 13:15:20:
I understand your need to assign things to justify your beliefs, heck we all do, but perception is not fact, and the truth subjective.
You can see this exhibited with numbers, depending how you ask a question, then fine tune, or edit that question, to get the results you wanted in the first place....

I assign facts to support my beliefs...

If you or others use Breibart, or Fox, or Alex Jones, Rush, etc...
You're not using facts...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 06/21/16 at 14:46:02

Serowbot wrote on 06/21/16 at 14:39:59:
raydawg wrote on 06/21/16 at 13:15:20:

You're not using facts...

No, history, nice try tho.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 06/21/16 at 16:12:33

You're not using facts..

I would bet that I have spent more time listening to
Commie News Network than you have Alex Jones.

The people who are interviewed are often high ranking military or former military. The belief that He, Alex, is the Source of what is said and Not just the reporter is ridiculous. Sure, he does his editorial stuff, but I don't think you're being objective.
And, if every source you pointed out Is Not a place where facts are available, where am I to turn?
CNN?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 06/21/16 at 17:24:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/21/16 at 16:12:33:

You're not using facts..

I would bet that I have spent more time listening to
Commie News Network than you have Alex Jones.

The people who are interviewed are often high ranking military or former military. The belief that He, Alex, is the Source of what is said and Not just the reporter is ridiculous. Sure, he does his editorial stuff, but I don't think you're being objective.
And, if every source you pointed out Is Not a place where facts are available, where am I to turn?
CNN?

Jog, when you don't have a sustainable argument, or can't back your assertions, you deflect.
You call names.
You obviate.
You ridicule.
You minimize.....
What you NEVER do is address the argument, and try not to be held to a absolute answer.

I never even looked at those things he list, other than FOX.
I guess they are listed in the talking points.
How you can be against something you don't listen to, well.....  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 06/21/16 at 17:33:53

Fox went to court to prove that they have a right to lie.
That's not
Be wrong,
That's
Whole cloth, fabrication of stories. I don't pay attention to them much at all.
I'm selective about the sources better than most.
That Bot can just dismiss out of hand every source he doesn't like is as revealing as his saying that it's Okay to be violent against Trump supporters, because They support a hater..
Talk about FUKKTUP.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #21 - 06/21/16 at 18:57:15

Grin

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 06/22/16 at 05:21:32

[/quote]

You're not using facts... [/quote]

Sew buddy, you've been proven wrong so many times, it's not even funny. Just the other day you said more guns equals more death but thats demonstratively false. What is funny is you (assume that was your original quote) claiming to assign "facts" you get from legitimate news agancies i.e. the ones predestined to give you the spin on the facts you want.

Facts are 10% of the news, spin is 90%.  For example, I'm thinking about buying a Ruger Mini14. It's a semi auto, shoots .223 and is easily customized, but it's not an "assault rifle" as told to us by the media. If I were to buy an AR15 which shares many attributes of the Mini14, I've just bought an assault rifle, as told to is by the media.

Notice how little we've heard about the attempt on Trumps life, how much we've heard about him firing campaign manager, how much Gary Johnson's bid is being talked up, how little you'll hear (and how much discredited) the book by the secret serive agent will get. That's spin. That's your news.

And I've never bought into this Fox went to court to sue for it's ability to lie. Like most everything else, I'm guessing there's more to the story. And if they did, I'm guessing CNN, MSNBC, CBS etc... either filed supporting briefs or collectively held their breath hoping for a Fox victory.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 06/22/16 at 05:32:17

Fox did it.
I don't know if others participated.
Doesn't matter.
The law applies to all.
So does the ruling.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 06/22/16 at 08:10:49

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/22/16 at 05:32:17:
Fox did it.
I don't know if others participated.
Doesn't matter.
The law applies to all.
So does the ruling.

Na, not buying it. I'll look into it later. Yellow flags flying...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 06/22/16 at 08:23:50

Snopes has it as False.Yippee, the documents and direction weren't stating
We intend to demonstrate that we have the right to lie to our viewers..

But, study the Case. Understand that Fox would not allow the report compiled by reporters to be aired. If Not telling the truth isn't a lie,,  what is it? It was an expose' on Monsanto. Gee, I wonder why it was not aired..

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 06/22/16 at 10:21:50

I read up on this and read some of the statements submittef by the two reporters and as I suspected, Fox News did not cite a "right to lie privilege" as a defense in the case.

I'm sure my friend Jog will not agree but before you argue this, the transcripts of the case are available so simply copy and past where the attorneys for Fox asserted that the right to lie is a protected form of free speech within the First Amendment and therefore the case against them should be dismissed.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 06/22/16 at 10:24:31

I already said as much.

What is suppressing the truth?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 06/22/16 at 13:17:58

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/22/16 at 10:24:31:
I already said as much.

What is suppressing the truth?

As Pilot famously asked "what is truth?"  
Followed in Jesus Christ Superstar with the question "We both have truths, are mine the same as yours?"

The two reporters involved were not really reporters, a more accurate description would be activist. One of them had already been fired from CNN. They weren't doing a news story, they were doing to hatchet job.
This would be like you doing a 9/11 story on the news.

The editor objected to be biased tone and requested/demanded they seek out alternative points of view to which the activist/reporters refused. So the station fired them.  they sued the station on four counts and lost initially on three of them. The only count they won on was the fact the station fired them because they refused to edit their story. However, the definition of edit here is critical. The station wanted alternative points of view and that's what they meant by editing.  

incidentally, upon appeal, that loss for the station was tossed out. So the activist did not win on any of their points.  The idea that Fox sued to be allowed to lie is a lie in and of itself. Fox did not sue anybody, they were sued and defended themselves.

As I said, if they had filed a brief or presented the argument that they had a first amendment right to lie, you would have a valid point. But they didn't do that. All this is is some bull$hit nonsense about FOXNews.  your interest in all this is only because Monsanta is involved. Another topic of which you don't exactly have unbiased view zone.

so let's stop spreading yet another lie on the Internet shall we?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 06/22/16 at 13:43:23

They claimed that they rewrote it something like eighty times.
Nobody needs a journalism degree to investigate anything.
The idea that without a pedigree one is useless is silly. My dad successfully ran oil companies with just a high school diploma.
Some people are able to accomplish without being taught how.
I designed the tool that captured and lifted the broken casing from downhhole. Two engineers failed twice. I don't have a degree.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 13:23:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Truth hurts......sometimes?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.