stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Unemployment truth
06/17/16 at 12:16:00

Why can't our loser President be honest and report the unemployment "drop" honestly like this report did today:

“Although we are seeing more people employed, we are also seeing a lot of people really just stop looking for work, they chose not to engage in finding a full time job and that is obviously a concern of ours,” says Bill Murphy, Executive VP with the Columbus Greater Chamber of Commerce.

Instead, the unemployment rate is declining because 460,000 people dropped out of the workforce in the last year, according to the Georgia Department of Labor.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Unemployment truth
Reply #1 - 06/17/16 at 12:45:23

Rick Scott has him beat by a mile, about three years ago Scott cut the extended unemployment bennies here in Florida then he cut the budget for the unemployment services by 10% with layoffs because of the sudden decrease in the un-employed. He then had the brass ones to say how his policies have decreased unemployment and state spending.
 What really burns my buttons is that he had just changed the unemployment services name over to the re-empolyment services of Florida which cost the tax payer about 10 million bucks, maybe money better spent else where.
It's all in the way they spin it. Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 06/17/16 at 12:46:01

AAAAAAAnd everyone whistles and walk on, pretending it's not a big deal. WE PAY for the Lies they tell us. The Only president to never see a Steenking Three Percent GDP. The democrats Sure are the party of peace, aren't they? We Are Number One!
In weapons sales. So, since that is the best thing about this economy, is there any reason to expect Us not to actively stir up trouble? Geee, could it be so?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 06/17/16 at 14:31:10

I wouldn't care if it cost the system twice it's current rate. I would vote for mandatory urinalysis and blood testing for anyone on public assistance IF they are not on public assistance due to a medical need or TRUE disability that makes them too old or physically unable to work.  Otherwise, if you just don't have a job because YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB and you're drawing a check through the local unemployment office then get ready to pee.  And if you test positive, no check for 90 days.

If you're going to get MY hard earned money for nothing more than sitting on your butt all day, at least have the decency not to snort it or drink it.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 06/17/16 at 14:48:11

Maine instituted a program where recipients had to volunteer 8 hours a week to get their check.  Six months later 65% of those receiving benefits were no longer eligible.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/17/16 at 15:02:02

Start with the D.C.occupiers.
I think They live at the expense of All of us. They get elected, promising Hope and Change, then, they Dash our Hopes as they Pocket the Change.
I would investigate every one of them whose net worth, or , maybe that of a five year old grandchild, has increased dramatically.

Pay attention to the questions. Note the focus on
You know you should have done it already..

I just totally enjoy what she is doing.

And no, I don't care about Party.

Right IS right.
Wrong IS wrong.

That's probably confusing for some.

OH, mercy me.

Black
FEMALE
Democrat

And I Champion HER over the pillar of SuhSighEtee Rumsfeld?
May his carcAss last forever, never knowing the relief of passing
on.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 06/19/16 at 11:27:23

I'm a bit surprised that I, such a staunch right winger, in the minds of the left leaning, or toppled over , having come out in support of the Black, Democrat, Female, virtually grinding Rummys weasel face in the dirt, and nobody says anything..

It's a demonstration of intellectual honesty, Seeing Right and Wrong, without the Need to stay Inside of the Agenda and standing for who is Right, on the Issue at hand. I don't need to find where the Left are equally as Wrong and pretend that somehow makes it right. Though, to be fair, I suspect that the Left are equally culpable. I admire her courage and wonder how she is not dead. Maybe she shut up and sat down after getting an offer she simply Couldn't refuse.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 06/19/16 at 12:46:38

Who are you referring to JOG?

Best regards,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 06/19/16 at 14:06:11

The people who are not talking about it.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/21/16 at 06:14:11

pg wrote on 06/17/16 at 14:48:11:
Maine instituted a program where recipients had to volunteer 8 hours a week to get their check.  Six months later 65% of those receiving benefits were no longer eligible.  

Best regards,

I've posted that I love this.
65% no longer eligible.

I wonder why, though? If the result is the desired result?
Because they wouldn't work 8 hours a week?
Because they got jobs instead?
Or because they weren't in state?

One of my best friends was laid off. He collected unemployment and toured the country staying with friends in different states. He had his mother cash his unemployment check for him because he wasn't even in this state.
How is any of this fair to the working class?

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 06/21/16 at 08:14:41

Wouldn't give Eight lousy Hours?

Unemployment Insurance is a cost paid by the employer.
Taking the benefits requires having worked enough to qualify.
The person collecting the benefits earned them.
Of course, the employer being forced to Pay the cost of the Unemployment Insurance, that's money that they can't pay in wages.
The recently unemployed are also likely to be pissed off.
And rightly so. The Job loss could well be traced back to action/policy of the State or federal government. Yeah, people get fired,, but, the numbers are showing good,hard working people are losing their jobs. It's that, Or, America is 25% lazy slobs.
I went camping for a week. Odessa Texas was full of unemployed. Corporations went broke, people lost homes, women left husband s and moved back to mommies. I had money from losing a finger at work. Or, divorce, lose house...

I'm not Against a day a week,seems to have been inspirational,
But, I am a bit torn,, something don't feel quite right...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 06/22/16 at 10:44:12

I think I read it was 8 hrs or prove that you were looking.
In my case, I can't just walk in and get an interview.
Resumes are sent, calls are made, Headhunters quirried.
And this follows with Cali requirements for EI.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 06/22/16 at 11:40:24

Job hunting was simpler. Monday morning, Be there before eight. That shows initiative.
Hauling a duffel bag up to the main store where drillers stopped to fill up, get ice and water,and, being there at four A.M.was almost a sure thing. At least get one day, make a good showing, bump Sick Boy off.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #13 - 06/22/16 at 17:05:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/22/16 at 11:40:24:
Job hunting was simpler.

Are their any jobs where you don't apply online?  Computers scan it for keys words and it profiles you.  Heck a lot of jobs e-verify you and even check your credit rating.  

Best regards,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 06/22/16 at 18:05:07

I don't know of any job that is a
Come get your application
Kinda deal anymore.

SIMPLER was meant to convey
Apply for and Get the job.
Now, how do you demonstrate a desire?
How do you show them you Want to work There?

The machine shop job was advertised. I had been looking for one. I Wanted to try it. I went in, filled out the application and Waited for the boss. At least ten came and took the application home rather than wait. I figured I wanted to be there every day all day, why not wait?
I got that job.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 08:51:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Unemployment truth

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.