Send Topic Print
Constitutional Carry (Read 352 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Constitutional Carry
Reply #45 - 07/06/16 at 19:35:58

LostArtist wrote on 07/06/16 at 18:33:53:
also, you're making an argument for that nitpicky first part of the second amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State... "  did you join your State's National Guard?

Why do you think the 2A is the second amendment in the Bill of Rights?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 07/06/16 at 20:34:24

pg wrote on 07/06/16 at 19:35:58:
LostArtist wrote on 07/06/16 at 18:33:53:
also, you're making an argument for that nitpicky first part of the second amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State... "  did you join your State's National Guard?

Why do you think the 2A is the second amendment in the Bill of Rights?

Best regards,

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

it limits federal powers over state run militias and how states want to regulate arms.

The Constitution is a NEGATIVE power document, it restricts the powers of the federal government over the states. Up until 2008 it was understand as a states right issue, then the SCOTUS ruled that it was an individuals right.

I'm not all up on that, but that's how it was ruled, so that's what it is for now, you know, until it's interpreted to amended again.

it is indeed not about hunting or self defense.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 07/07/16 at 06:16:11

LostArtist wrote on 07/06/16 at 12:02:17:
and how many innocent bystanders did you shoot missing all that time??  

Quote:
The Times reported that in 2006-2007, Los Angeles police officers hit their targets between 27 and 29 percent of the time, respectively

Tell you what, I'm better than 30% hit ratio.

--Steve

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #48 - 07/07/16 at 11:13:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/06/16 at 15:51:11:
The Truth of the second amendment is to Ensure that the People are able to Cast off a Tyrannical government. If you Still don't see that, you're unable to understand what being American is.

That government,.. was the king of England...
That threat, is kinda' over...

I'm not too worried about England invading us...(I don't think they'd want us any more)...

It ain't there to permit you to commit treason against America...
They'll kill you for that... and guns won't do you a bit of good against them...
Waco, Ruby Ridge, and whatever this latest chucklebutt confederate was...  Lose, lose, lose...
Your guns give you the illusion that you have the power to make a stand...

That's just dangerous... .Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #49 - 07/07/16 at 11:41:21

It would take days of hanging out and swilling beer to correct the wrong headedness of that one post. The complete lack of understanding who We the People are and how the government is not sovereign, we are, Understand that just because They do something that doesn't make it lawful. And the Founding Fathers were Well aware that the war was won When they wrote the second amendment. They were warning us from the beginning. Read more, Look for things that would go against what you have been led to believe. I'm right and I Can prove it. The Supreme Court has ruled that I am correct. I've typed it over and over again and I don't want to again.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #50 - 07/08/16 at 21:11:57

... And just because something is "lawful" doesn't mean it's right. It doesn't make it a good idea, and it doesn't mean we like it or wish to live with it. It simply means that the government that supposedly represents us made a decision to run the country a particular way and punish certain actions. It implies that maybe... just maybe... the majority of people wanted it that way... but that argument is so full of holes. Since when does the majority get what they want these days? Besides, it doesn't matter that the majority wanted it that way if the majority wanted to take away everyone else's freedoms. How dangerous is 51%?

In the end it really only means the government we elected (or the goverment that wasn't elected, for that matter) wanted it that way. That's law. That's order. That's "justice," if you call it that. It's simply what a bunch of people in high places thought was best for us. And some worship it like a god. You might say they even make human sacrifice to it... every time a good person's life is ruined or ended for no other reason than to make sure the wrath of law and government is appeased. They make principle more important than people.

What a shame...

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #51 - 07/08/16 at 23:24:39

And what is it that you want?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #52 - 07/09/16 at 00:56:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/08/16 at 23:24:39:
And what is it that you want?

peace will do nicely thank you

and what do you want?

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 07/09/16 at 05:23:41

JOG is 100% correct on this.

Sew's understanding of the 2nd Amendment is the equivalent of saying 2 + 2 = 5. And not just to pick on Sew, but many others on here are just as wrong.

It's original meaning is not debatable. All you have to do is read the writings of those who wrote and debated it at the time. It doesn't matter what you think it means or what you wished it meant.

The second amendment is for the people to protect themselves and this nation against an oppressive government. Their own first, others, second. It's not about hunting, not about shooting empty beer cans in the woods, not about going to the range with your own AR15; it's bigger than that. It's the 2nd Amendment. Directly behind the first.

Could this happen in the USA tomorrow? No. 10 years from now? Maybe, unlikely, but you certainly have to admit the possibility. It's almost a natural order of evolution of a nation.

By the way, look at all the federal agencies who have been granted arrest authority and arm their own security divisions. I believe I read there are 67 government agencies with firepower. 67! I also remember reading somewhere that all together, these agencies have more armed agents than the US Marines have armed soldiers.

Why does the EPA need an armed force?  I'll tell you why and it's already been done. When the local law enforcement office refuses to use force to impel a citizen to 'obey' the ruling of an unelected bureaucrat from the EPA to leave their land for example, they use their 'brownshirts' to do the enforcing for them. It wasn't that long ago that fully armed 'agents' raided an Alaskan town looking for Clean Water Act violations.

There may come a time in your lifetime Sew that you and others comfortable right now find themselves living in a nightmare, a prison with bars made from one agency after another directing everything you do.

Don't be foolish and let cowards calling for gun control try to tell you what the 2nd amendment means.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #54 - 07/09/16 at 08:10:28

Okay,.. let's say that's true...
If at some point in the future there are jackbooted, MIB, thugs, breaking down doors and stealing us away in the night... you know what I won't do?...
Take them on with a gun...
If you do,... you'll leave home in a bag...

In this day and age,... it just ain't realistic...
The day of muzzleloaders in gone...
The founders couldn't see this coming.
A drone could take out every square inch of your home from a mile in the sky... what will a peashooter do against that?...

That imagining of the 2nd amendment is silly fantasy...

Meanwhile,.. we have monthly gun death tolls that rival the 9/11 body count...
So, let's worry about some imagined scenario where we get all Rambo against our own government,... instead of facing the very real problem that keeps our flags at half mast more often than they fly at full...
That's patriotic... Huh

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 07/09/16 at 08:40:59

If at some point in the future there are jackbooted, MIB, thugs, breaking down doors and stealing us away in the night... you know what I won't do?...
Take them on with a gun...

Then you'll be a slave, living on someone else's whims.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 07/09/16 at 08:48:05

In this day and age,... it just ain't realistic...
The day of muzzleloaders in gone...
The founders couldn't see this coming.
A drone could take out every square inch of your home from a mile in the sky... what will a peashooter do against that?...

You say that but Russia screwed around in Afganastan for years without defeating the underarmed populace, we've screwed around in Iraq for a decade with all the military might available and walked away, we were held off in the jungles of vietnam. The American colonists up against a vadt superior army, stii defeated England at the time. The founders saw this very well. A "well regulated militia" of citizens in the US would hold off an invading US government quite well.

Regardless, it's better than rolling over with you a$$ in the air which is apparently your plan.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #57 - 07/09/16 at 08:53:12

While those who don't yet grasp the reasons for the second amendment are reading founding documents in hopes of gaining an accurate understanding of what America is and their true place In America I suggest they keep an eye out for odd phrases like

When the tree of of Liberty requires the Blood of Patriots, etc,,  

Actually, Bot, your Point is well made, but it is more reasonably used Not to explain why gun control is a good idea, but more than anything else, that OUR SERVANTS are becoming more oppressive and Our SERVANTS out gun US should be dealt with by making Them either less well armed Or, the People should be more able,, is that something you can absorb?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 07/09/16 at 08:55:31

Meanwhile,.. we have monthly gun death tolls that rival the 9/11 body count...
So, let's worry about some imagined scenario where we get all Rambo against our own government,... instead of facing the very real problem that keeps our flags at half mast more often than they fly at full...

You don't want to really face the problem anymore than any elected official does. Guns aren't our problem, certain sub-cultures in our couny are.

The suburb I live in has 40,000 people, probably 5,000 guns, some of which are those evil assault rifles yet we've had zero gun crimes in the 20 years Ive lived here. Zero. Why is that? You think taking 5000 guns away from my suburb is going to do anything? That's laughable.

You think we're silly looking at a scenario unlikely to happen, but you are more so for being to cowardly to really address the souce of the vast majority of gun crimes.

So make yourself feel better for passing restrictions only people like me will follow, but will not change a thing.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #59 - 07/09/16 at 09:04:14

And will you be living free in that bag?...
Will your family thank you for leaving them helpless?...

Think Holocaust... Surviving is more heroic than dying...

Name an instance when one of these survival/militia nuts won...
It don't happen,...
This is the 2nd amendment delusion... Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 00:15:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Constitutional Carry

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!