YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

San Diego, CA
Re: Constitutional Carry
Reply #15 - 07/02/16 at 22:03:08

I do dig the knife though...

2008 S40
Castrol 4T Oil with ZDDP, K&N filter, Dyna Muffler.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 07/03/16 at 06:19:00

webbrob wrote on 07/02/16 at 21:59:51:
Serowbot wrote on 06/17/16 at 16:20:56:
Nope,.. I don't carry...  never felt that scared...
Plus,.. guns are awkward to carry...

It isn't about scared. My wife says the same thing about having guns in the house, she "doesn't like living in fear".

It's about preparation. Being in the military I carried a gun for a long time in a place where people shoot at you.

Here it is just about having a gun and not needing it compared to rolling into a situation, and by some remote chance needing one and not having it.

I still frequent gun free zones, but I severely limit my time in them. I wonder what happened to that LCDR who was packing when the recruiting center got hit. It is against the UCMJ for us to carry personal weapons on base, and for someone like me (paygrade wise), I would probably see brig time for that.

I would discuss my discomfort with that, but I prefer not to give them (the bad people) ideas like the press does all of the time. Tongue

How does she feel about wearing a seat belt?
Does she feel like she is Inviting a flat tire by carrying a spare?
Jumper cables? Begging for a dead battery..
Don't live in FEAR! Be unprepared and pretend that by Being unprepared for a problem, That problem will not arise.
If you have savings, and Could swing a big repair bill on the car, take it out of the bank, go on a cruise.
It's Irrational to say that having a weapon causes fear.
If someone is afraid Of the weapon, then training in handling and shooting are in order.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #17 - 07/03/16 at 12:16:49

"If someone is afraid Of the weapon, then training in handling and shooting are in order."

Do you have MnSpring's number?

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 07/03/16 at 12:59:32

Nope,, and we are far apart..
She needs a 22 rifle to start with. Poke some Short cartridge s in. Ear protection, big, close target..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 07/03/16 at 13:34:13

JOG,.. didn't you say, sometimes a helmet helps, sometimes it doesn't?...

Sometimes a gun might help,.. sometimes it might get you killed...

When a 911 call goes out for a "man with a gun"...
Police are looking for a man with a gun...
That's often all they have to go on...  Undecided

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 07/03/16 at 14:22:41

Well, nothing is perfect. Life isn't predictable. Sometimes wearing a seatbelt Doesn't save your life, but, is that reason enough to Not wear one?
Disarming societies has been done. It's not as great as people want to believe. Nobody has been able to create utopia. Being unable to protect life and family isn't a comfort.
And yes, I have crashed when a helmet would have killed me.
I have crashed and not hit my head.
I have crashed and Smashed my face.

And, only one time was I wearing a helmet. And Boy am I glad.

By your logic, children should not have a pellet gun, because cops sometimes shoot them.

Maybe training cops better is a good idea.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #21 - 07/03/16 at 14:29:09

Yep, that's when unwise or irresponsible cops gun down innocent people. Law enforcement is a tough job, now isn't it? Screw up, and everyone automatically hates you.   Undecided

Too many people automatically identify anyone with a weapon as criminal scum or a threat.  Some cops are probably among those, making the situation worse.

Some people who are armed simply don't want to be a victim.

Those who are not martial arts masters or don't carry weapons have to assume and hope that they will be okay defenseless in a tough, dangerous world. Some places have plentiful law enforcement. Others don't. You can never assume that you can order "instant cop" like Wile E. Coyote does in cartoons. You can't assume that calling for help is going to be a better solution that taking care of yourself, especially when it comes to speed. A bullet is much faster than a squad car, and a fist is swifter than an officer running around the block.

If you rely on the government to help you, often the best thing they can do is try to catch and punish your murderer. They are not always going to help you either. Sometimes they'll end up slapping you in the face and screwing you over.

The government goes by that old idea... everyone's friend = no one's friend.

Serowbot, lately I've been becoming more liberal in my thinking, and I have lately been losing my religion. However, I hold on to the idea that we should be free to defend ourselves and secure the means to do so. This includes lethal weapons. Now tell me... How do you defend yourself in highly populated, liberal places like New York City or-- worse-- London? I don't even think you can carry PEPPER SPRAY in England! Seriously!?!? Wouldn't that make you feel very insecure? Not that I carry weapons everywhere--simply that the man won't let you! Anybody can beat your brains out and you can't do a stinking thing about it! Angry By order of the government! Angry I guess I'll have to carry a walking stick if I go to Britain. Surely they wouldn't ban those. If any of those anti-weapon g-men gets suspicious, I'll just limp about and say I have a bad knee. Tongue

What if you drove through some place crazy like that and got thrown in jail and got your life ruined over that knife you've got stuck in your bike? Worse--what if they called it a felony? See, it's not about being thrown in jail. It's about the endless fines, fees, probation, lost rights, and social ostracisation. You lose your rights; the government pokes, prods, and takes your money; and society spits on you. People don't want to hire you, marry you, trust you, or anything. Fortunately, I've never gone through that, so I don't really know, but I reckon it's a nightmare. When everything is illegal...When everything is a felony... I'm not talking about some abstract dystopia... I'm talking about something not far from current reality.

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #22 - 07/03/16 at 14:45:36

Right, JOG. My uncle told me about how a T-Bone wreck can make wearing a seatbelt more dangerous than none.

Even so, sometimes preventative measures helps. Though I've scraped up my helmet. I've never had a wreck where I remember hitting my head hard on the pavement. Usually, the biggest thing is road rash. Honestly, while it might be fun to go without leather, if I hadn't worn my jacket, especially in my last wreck, I'd have been torn to shreds. I've come to the conclusion that, usually, I take the most damage to the forearm. It's naturally how I hit the ground and slide. While a helmet may save your life or face when you actually hit your head, the most useful protection for everyday scuffs is simply clothing because it guards against one of the few things that's almost guaranteed to happen in an unprotected crash... Road Rash

Carrying a weapon may not save you every time. It may make things worse. But it will give you a fighting chance. It's about the freedom and power to defend yourself, not exactly whether or not it's guaranteed to work.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 07/03/16 at 16:07:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/03/16 at 14:22:41:

Never count on the other guy, to be smart... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #24 - 07/03/16 at 16:25:00

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/03/16 at 16:41:33

If one guy had a gun in orlando, it might have been different. That's the point, might have been.

Ultimately, I'm Pro-choice .......on gun control, on conceal carry. The government can't tell me what to do with my body.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 07/03/16 at 16:52:11

Serowbot wrote on 07/03/16 at 16:07:23:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/03/16 at 14:22:41:

Never count on the other guy, to be smart... Grin

Really, dude? How irritating... Without the giggling idiot face, it wouldn't have been so bad, but really..
No, betting on the other guy to not be a douche seems like a generally bad bet,, I get it. But, expecting people to self censor because they are surrounded by idiots isn't exactly right, either, is it? And Why are we Unable to expect reasoned, intelligent behavior from our cops?
Maybe it's got something to do with hiring and training policies.

Now, read this, then go giggle in the closet.

if your IQ is too.high police will not hire

ALLNEWSIMAGESVIDEOSMAPSSHOPPINGBOOKSFLIGHTSAPPSSEARCH TOOLS
Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops - ABC News
abcnews.go.com › story
Sep 8, 2000 - Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops. ... a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an ... did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same ... your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender ...
US Court Says it's Okay for Police Departments to Refuse to Hire ...
thefreethoughtproject.com › court-police...
Sep 28, 2014 - Ever wonder why cops yell “quit resisting” as they beat a ... They apparently believed that Jordan was too smart to be ... with high IQs “because it matters not whether the city's decision ...
Can Someone Be Too Smart To Be A Cop? - MintPress News
www.mintpressnews.com › can-someone...
Jun 18, 2014 - Ever called a police officer “stupid” or questioned whether he ... opt to not hire someone simply because he or she scores too .... I share your concern about them having to revamp their ..... Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops
Ex-CIA Contractor Confirms: Police Departments Use ... - Filming Cops
filmingcops.com › ex-cia-contractor-con...
Do Your Probiotics Pass The Milk Test? ... WASHINGTON, DC — Police departments in the US will not hire prospective applicants as ... Evidently if an applicant shows signs of relatively high IQ — with excellent .... must not be too stupid!
Police officially refuse to hire applicants with high IQ scores - ...
reddit › conspiracy › comments › police...
Jul 26, 2014 - You cant make quotas when you're protecting and serving. ...... daily, the reason they give is if your too smart you will move on to ... I believe the bar was an IQ of 104. http://politicalblindspot.com/police-officially-refuse-to-hire- ...
Police Officially Refuse To Hire Applicants With High IQ Scores ...
politicalblindspot.com › police-officially-...
Oct 30, 2013 - That's not to say that all cops are stupid… Just that if you're too smart, the police simply won't hire you.
Police Officially Refuse To Hire Applicants With High IQ Scores ...
countercurrentnews.com › 2014/04 › pol...
Apr 21, 2014 - Submit Your Story · Legal Disclaimer ... Police Officially Refuse To Hire Applicants With High IQ ... if you are too smart, police departments simply won't hire you. ... Police Department made it clear that they did not want the ...
CONNECTICUT - Judge Rules That Police Can Bar High IQ Scores
The New York Times › nyregion › metro...
Sep 9, 1999 - ... of his high test scores. But he said that that did not mean Mr. Jordan was a victim of discrimination.
US Court Ruled You Can Be “Too Smart” to Be a Cop | Global ...
www.globalresearch.ca › us-court-ruled-...
Dec 18, 2014 - Police department disqualifies anyone whose IQ is “too high" ... The score meant Jordan had an IQ of 125. ... “Those who scored too high could get bored with police ... well does this hiring practice bode for cops actually being ...
Do You Have A High IQ Score And Want To Be A Cop?... Forget It ...
www.knowthelies.com › node
Jul 28, 2014 - That's not to say that all cops are stupid… If you're too smart, the police simply won't hire

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #27 - 07/03/16 at 18:11:38

Cough: incomplete links :cough: cough: must have :cough: deep links :cough: Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 07/03/16 at 18:29:34

I copied the page.
You can look up key words.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #29 - 07/03/16 at 19:58:32

Okay

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 00:25:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Constitutional Carry

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.