Send Topic Print
Constitutional Carry (Read 352 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Constitutional Carry
Reply #30 - 07/05/16 at 11:03:35

The one in Connecticut is true. Guy applied to be a trooper, his life's dream, and was shut down because his IQ was too high. He took the test three times before saying he was going to take legal action.

I don't carry because I'm afraid. I carry because it allows me to not be afraid.
God created man. Samuel Colt made them even.

--Steve

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 07/05/16 at 19:47:17

live by the gun, die by the gun, death is a direct effect of guns, not a side effect, a direct effect, that's what they do, I doubt that half those with concealed carry licenses even actually fully recognize that, but hey, if it makes you feel good!!!  

Quote:
There are, of course, plenty of solid arguments for robust 2nd Amendment protections. Millions of people use guns for sport and recreation every day. The vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens, not criminals.

But, though some people certainly use guns for self-defense, the data suggest that overall, guns are used far more often for killing than self-defense. As a result, it may be worth thinking twice about arguments for more guns in schools, churches and other public places.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/06/19/guns-in-america-for-ev...

Webster

"If one guy had a gun in orlando, it might have been different. That's the point, might have been.

Ultimately, I'm Pro-choice .......on gun control, on conceal carry. The government can't tell me what to do with my body."

Actually, there were PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED armed security guards there WITH GUNS.  

Quote:
Around 2 a.m.
The shooter opens fire outside Pulse nightclub, engages with an off-duty uniformed police officer who was working for the nightclub when the shooting started, and then enters club. More officers arrive and exchange gunfire with the suspect, forcing him to stop shooting and retreat to one of the nightclub’s restrooms.

http://graphics.wsj.com/orlando-shooting/

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #32 - 07/05/16 at 19:58:55

Quote:
Actually, there were PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED armed security guards there WITH GUNS.  

And they did such a good frickin job that 49 unarmed people got shot dead. How do you know that a couple of amateurs might not have had better results?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 07/05/16 at 20:26:18

You're looking at
Learned Helplessness

If a Trained Perfeshunall  didn't get it done,
No Mere Mortal Could!

It's a mental illness.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 07/05/16 at 20:40:48

oldNslow wrote on 07/05/16 at 19:58:55:
Quote:

And they did such a good frickin job that 49 unarmed people got shot dead. How do you know that a couple of amateurs might not have had better results?

I don't, and neither do you. I don't know what the situation was like, what the layout was, what the environment was like, how committed the security guard was, but the reality is, a violent offense had a violent defense, and the offense won, because that's the natural order of thing, the surpriser/aggressor wins most of the time and they are more committed to achieving their goals.

it's hard to play defender man, you are automatically behind in the event.

This romantic idea that a good guy with a gun is the only answer, well, I hope that makes you feel good, cause that's about all it's good for.  

be observant, get training, buy guns, just realize it's all just to make you feel good, and that's fine, but don't go on and on about how much more safe you are from the 1 in a trillion chance something happens

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 07/05/16 at 20:41:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/16 at 20:26:18:
You're looking at
Learned Helplessness

No Mere Mortal Could!

It's a mental illness.

is that an "S" on your chest??

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 07/05/16 at 20:55:23

You're looking at
Learned Helplessness

Perfect quote Jog. Hope you don't mind if I steal that line some other time.

Men in todays world have become emasculated. Learned helplessness.

Fact is, no one knows how'd they'd act in a violent situation like that but $hit Lost! At least tell yourself ahead of time you'd rather fight back than die like a sheep because no "trained professional ' was around.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #37 - 07/05/16 at 21:22:04

LostArtist wrote on 07/05/16 at 20:41:35:
You're looking at
Learned Helplessness

No Mere Mortal Could!

It's a mental illness.

Nope.
I just am not easily trained.
The school knew.
The military sent me home.
I'm an iconoclast.
I butcher the sacred cows.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 07/06/16 at 06:07:26

WebsterMark wrote on 07/05/16 at 20:55:23:
Fact is, no one knows how'd they'd act in a violent situation like that but $hit Lost! At least tell yourself ahead of time you'd rather fight back than die like a sheep because no "trained professional ' was around.

Time like this I like to reflect upon the quote:

Quote:
You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, because it'll be empty

--Steve

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 07/06/16 at 12:02:17

Paraquat wrote on 07/06/16 at 06:07:26:

Time like this I like to reflect upon the quote:

Quote:
You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, because it'll be empty

--Steve

and how many innocent bystanders did you shoot missing all that time??  

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 07/06/16 at 12:45:58

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/16 at 21:22:04:
LostArtist wrote on 07/05/16 at 20:41:35:
You're looking at
Learned Helplessness

No Mere Mortal Could!

It's a mental illness.

Nope.
I just am not easily trained.
The school knew.
The military sent me home.
I'm an iconoclast.
I butcher the sacred cows.

so I need to shoot you first, big scary man you!!!   ahhhhhhhhhhhhh    Cheesy

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 07/06/16 at 13:10:19

You're looking at
Learned Helplessness

Perfect quote Jog. Hope you don't mind if I steal that line some other time.

Men in todays world have become emasculated. Learned helplessness.

So, an untrained civilian is better than a trained professional then?  

how does that work in the rest of your world??  

and I don't need to prove my manliness to you two scaredy cats who jump at shadows, shadows of conspiracies, or shadows of fictional greatness, your both chasing something to make yourselves feel special. you guys try so hard to make all us "sheep" realize that you and only you have the answers we all need to solve our problems in this life, and we'd be lost without you, oh please, please great ones, enlighten us on how much danger we are all in if we aren't carrying 24/7/365, or if we let the evil moooslimbs in,   after all, everyone is out to get us!!!! oh no!!!!!

meanwhile back in my life, I'm going to finish my work shift and drive home safe and sound because it is safe and sound, sure, anything can happen, but it probably won't, and if it did, I'm going to have to deal with it as I am now, not as you wish I was, sure I might struggle more than if I was the ultimate prepper, but I'm not living in that much fear, and yes, it is fear, even if you think it's just wisdom and forsight

again, if you want to carry 24/7/365 because it makes you feel better, go for it, I don't want to stop you, if it makes you feel good, do it, you big macho man you!  Kiss

10 Cloverfield Lane

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #42 - 07/06/16 at 15:21:54

LostArtist wrote on 07/05/16 at 19:47:17:
live by the gun, die by the gun, death is a direct effect of guns, not a side effect, a direct effect, that's what they do, I doubt that half those with concealed carry licenses even actually fully recognize that, but hey, if it makes you feel good!!!  

Quote:
There are, of course, plenty of solid arguments for robust 2nd Amendment protections. Millions of people use guns for sport and recreation every day. The vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens, not criminals.

But, though some people certainly use guns for self-defense, the data suggest that overall, guns are used far more often for killing than self-defense. As a result, it may be worth thinking twice about arguments for more guns in schools, churches and other public places.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/06/19/guns-in-america-for-ev...

Webster

"If one guy had a gun in orlando, it might have been different. That's the point, might have been.

Ultimately, I'm Pro-choice .......on gun control, on conceal carry. The government can't tell me what to do with my body."

Quote:
Around 2 a.m.
The shooter opens fire outside Pulse nightclub, engages with an off-duty uniformed police officer who was working for the nightclub when the shooting started, and then enters club. More officers arrive and exchange gunfire with the suspect, forcing him to stop shooting and retreat to one of the nightclub’s restrooms.

http://graphics.wsj.com/orlando-shooting/

so it only counts if you use your gun in self defense and you kill the perp?
Plenty of accounts where the bad guy is ran off and doesn't die.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #43 - 07/06/16 at 15:51:11

The

You should not be able to defend yourself
bunch

Will NOT be swayed by reason. They will pretend that the responsible citizen who is carrying is more likely to be killed by his own gun, regardless of the evidence to the contrary, than protecting life and property.

PEOPLE, WAKE THE crappity smack UP!The right to keep and bear arms is not about hunting or even self defense. Those were things that Every Body took for Granted.Even Idiots knew that protecting self and property was a given. Today, not so much. The Truth of the second amendment is to Ensure that the People are able to Cast off a Tyrannical government. If you Still don't see that, you're unable to understand what being American is.
You're part of the problem.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 07/06/16 at 18:33:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/06/16 at 15:51:11:
The

You should not be able to defend yourself
bunch

Will NOT be swayed by reason. They will pretend that the responsible citizen who is carrying is more likely to be killed by his own gun, regardless of the evidence to the contrary, than protecting life and property.

PEOPLE, WAKE THE crappity smack UP!The right to keep and bear arms is not about hunting or even self defense. Those were things that Every Body took for Granted.Even Idiots knew that protecting self and property was a given. Today, not so much. The Truth of the second amendment is to Ensure that the People are able to Cast off a Tyrannical government. If you Still don't see that, you're unable to understand what being American is.
You're part of the problem.

are you lumping me in that group??  

where did I EVER say anything of the sort?  

are you reading what you WANT me to be into what I AM, substituting reality with your own delusion??    

or are you just changing the subject, making it even more extreme to benefit your argument?  

oh, and if you think that you're little 45 ACP pistol or AR15 is going to do anything against our military might, well, how many bridges can I put you down for?   and also, you're making an argument for that nitpicky first part of the second amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State... "  did you join your State's National Guard?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:29:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Constitutional Carry

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.