Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
I hate to say this.........BUT. (Read 258 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
I hate to say this.........BUT.
06/03/16 at 14:21:21

At this stage of the game, if I had to choose the next president, I would take Obama over the other two options  Shocked

Maybe this was his plan all along  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: I hate to say this.........BUT.
Reply #1 - 06/03/16 at 15:20:42

Considering that this is a largely Conservative group here,.. Trump's support seems very weak...

Elizabeth Warren should run Independent and steal the whole show... Grin

Trump's slogan?... "Make America Great Again"?...  
Sure,.. he'll fix everything...  Roll Eyes

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 06/03/16 at 18:19:38

No, Liz can't win, even against these two whacks....

I hope Biden runs, even tho he is part of the establishment, per se, he is very likable and humble, as he even laughs at his own butchered answers, etc.
I hope the republicans wise up and draft Kashich, and letTrump run off in a fit.....

We need a middle of the road presidents to heal the rift

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 06/03/16 at 19:15:41

raydawg wrote:
Quote:
We need a middle of the road presidents to heal the rift

Not going to happen. Possibly not ever. There is no longer enough common ground, common sense, or common decency for that to happen. The future is Balkanization. This country is devolving into warring tribes. If you are not already thinking about which one you belong to, and will go to the wall for, you are already behind the curve.

I'm not going to pretend I'm happy about this, but there it is.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/03/16 at 20:00:42

What Rift needs healed?
The one where the D.C.occupiers have passed trade agreements, loaded thousands of regulations that cost corpoate
America billions?
The PEOPLE are being Screwed..
We are the World's Leading Arms dealership...
Now, IF you sell something that is used for war, then you HAVE a VESTED interest in Conflict. Is that Really what we want to be?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 06/03/16 at 20:26:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/03/16 at 20:00:42:
What Rift needs healed?
The one where the D.C.occupiers have passed trade agreements, loaded thousands of regulations that cost corpoate
America billions?
The PEOPLE are being Screwed..
We are the World's Leading Arms dealership...
Now, IF you sell something that is used for war, then you HAVE a VESTED interest in Conflict. Is that Really what we want to be?

Well I'm not sure......
Is that the BangBang Tribe or BoomBoom? 😋

Jog, to think these inept politicos can design and carry out such a designed scheme is beyond my faith, sorry...
But you have fun thinking all these reactionary personalities can cooperate with each other to the great detriment of all.....

Ja old slowster, tribal mentality has always held persuasion over many, but I always see it as a pendulum swings....
And she is about ready to swing the opposite way for a spell  Wink

IP Logged
Radical Maximus
YaBB Newbies

Thump Thump

Texas
Reply #6 - 06/03/16 at 20:35:25

My 2 cents on the subject...

It really shames me to say it but this may turn out to be the first election I don't vote in.

Quite honestly, all the possible options just turn my stomach.  

Trump is basically a snake oil salesman, he will tell anyone whatever they want to hear.  Hillary is a classic politician and though I liked Bill, their days are over, it is a whole new world.  

The Left is pushing things society isn't ready for and the Right isn't willing to give any ground where people are ready to progress to, and neither side is willing to compromise.

So, in order to stop trump, who I view as dangerous, I would have to vote for Hillary, who I don't like at all, and thus be responsible for all her stupid stuff.  I don't think Bernie will make the ballot.  He started out OK but he is getting a little wack since he got popular.

Just the fact that this is the best we can come up with just makes me really, really sad.  Sad

Note:  I have pretty much voted for an even mix of Dem and Rep, I view myself as a Moderate Progressive Libertarian Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 06/03/16 at 20:42:19

Ray, you're ignoring what I said. I Never said anything about politicians Designing it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 06/03/16 at 22:02:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/03/16 at 20:42:19:
Ray, you're ignoring what I said. I Never said anything about politicians Designing it.

Who is they then?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 06/03/16 at 22:11:58

They are the Chrono-Synclastic Infundibulum... Huh

Welcome Rad,... to the TT torture chamber...

I get it... the Lib's push too hard, the Con's resist too much...
... but,.. the river only runs one way...

You can fight the current,... but ultimately, you can't win.
I don't agree with every change,.. but I know not to fight the current...
I'll pick the pilot that knows the river...

Not the nut that thinks barriers can hold back the tide... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/04/16 at 05:07:58

Not the nut that thinks barriers can hold back the tide... Huh

It just blows my mind when I hear variations of that phrase and like-minded idiots think the speaker is so wise...... please...

Everyone one of you morons who sit there and nod thoughtfully when you hear that phrase sleep behind lock doors, drive cars you lock up or park in garages in fenced yards. The latest dumb$hit to utter that phrase, our ashamed of her country first lady, has lived the past 8 years behind barriers and wouldn't have it any other way! We have barriers everywhere. Look around today and see all the "barriers" that channnel us one way or another, divide  us or just flat out prevent entry. You wouldn't have that any other way either.

Of course a wall works. It's not even a discussion if it will dramatically cut down on the flow of illegal immigrants or not. West and East Germany were kept apart by a wall, North and South Korea for the longest time were seperated by a mine field. Prisons have walls.....

Now if you want to argue it's not necessary, if you want to argue 50 years from now you don't want someone else to point out the only way the US survived was by building a wall and have us included in that group with Korea and Germany, that's a serious topic worth a discussion, but don't look stupid by saying it won't help. You just end up looking loke those POS Trump protesters throwing eggs at defenseless woman.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 06/04/16 at 05:25:40

The Left is pushing things society isn't ready for and the Right isn't willing to give any ground where people are ready to progress to, and neither side is willing to compromise.

Two points Rad
1) Why is left leaning change automatically assigned the phrase "progress"?  You don't make dramatic changes in your own life very often, in fact, you probably carefully consider the ramifications of "hope and change" before you alter your previous choices and more often than not, you don't "change". Change for the sake of change rarely turns out good. Just exactly where has this "progress" brought us to? Are you going to celebrate a pervert calling himself a girl and going into female dressing rooms? That's progress? Massive cradle-to-grave bankrupting entitlements is progress? A federal minimum wage that will throw hundreds of thousands out of work (Congressional interns exempted of course), a healthcare system that's forcing working class into the ranks of uninsured while the 94 million not in the workforce rake in part of my tax contribution? You mean that progress?

2) The right always ends up comprising, the left rarely or never does. The left sits on a tiny moral foundation so its not an issue to them. Once you have a stated position a woman with an unborn child can kill it at anytime and for any reason and now the killers can make even more money off that death by selling the parts, tell just exactly what it is that the left finds so dehumanizing that they won't go there?

IP Logged
Garry

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 06/04/16 at 06:06:39

The left has no moral compass. Simple.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #13 - 06/04/16 at 06:12:08

Web wrote:

Quote:
Of course a wall works.

Pretty soon we will all be living behind walls of one sort or another. The very affluent and the movers and shakers already do. Eventually that will trickle down to everyone who expects to survive what's coming down the pike.

The results of the next election, or the next, aren't going to change that. The real choice is this: stick yer head in the sand and pretend everything's gonna be ok if you pick the right bossman, or use that sand to make cement to hold the blocks together for your own personal wall.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 06/04/16 at 06:22:05

Pretty soon we will all be living behind walls of one sort or another. The very affluent and the movers and shakers already do

My point oldnslow is that you already live behind and in fact, embrace walls. The affluent have bigger and more of them, but just like you, they wall themselves off as best they can from threats, just like you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 19:05:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I hate to say this.........BUT.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.