Send Topic Print
Bathroom Vigilantes (Read 461 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Bathroom Vigilantes
Reply #30 - 05/19/16 at 07:27:59

It was a solo trip, back to Thibodeaux La.
I was excited about it. And, all that Stuff happened.
The guys in the van were acting weird, whispering to each other, I stuck my bag against the sliding door, so it would fall out when I threw it open to jump..
They had me studying the situation, I spotted a cooler, still had icy water,
I was gonna soak the driver, hoping to force the other guy to grab the wheel. Knock the crap out them, and, out the door.

I think they were just having fun, but, at the time, it was scary.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rayven

Colorado
Reply #31 - 05/19/16 at 07:50:09

"I don't believe you had a couple of friends on multiple occasions ask to prove their gender in a men's room.  

But like the crime from illegal immigrants, little girls being accousted or photos showing up online will just be another thing we deal with. And for what?"

OK.
1. I said they had to prove their gender in the LADIES room, and they were women. To men and women like you who are worried about little girls being victims all the time.

2. As you fail to understand and properly respond to in previous "conversations" (if someone can have conversations with a stubborn mule  Roll Eyes), are you not worried about little boys being victims here? Why aren't you also concerned with women being predators? WHY is it that YOU are only ever concerned with men pretending to be women to get access to the womens room to take advantage of little girls? I think you need to open your eyes a little bit sir and understand what I have tried to tell you many times already.

A PREDATOR WILL FIND A WAY TO PREY ON SOMEONE REGARDLESS OF THIS STUPID BATHROOM BILL. GENDER NEUTRAL BATHROOMS WILL NOT MAKE OR BREAK A PREDATOR. Have predators not existed before now? AGAIN let me say to YOU, I am not saying some predator will not take advantage of this because I am sure they will, BUT they are going to prey on people regardless of this bathroom. Once more AGAIN I am going to tell you this, IF YOU DON'T THINK MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN ARE ATTACKED IN BATHROOMS NOW AND IN THE PAST YOU ARE BLIND TO A BIGGER PROBLEM WITH OUR SOCIETY.

One more thing I've tried to tell you that you have failed to respond to, if men and boys attacking women and girls is our big problem here, then maybe we should consider addressing rape culture and raising ours sons to look at women a little differently, instead of raising our daughters and telling them they will be victimized.

All I have left to do...is a lot...

IP Logged
Rayven

Colorado
Reply #32 - 05/19/16 at 07:54:21

One more thing Web... Since you have never witnessed a woman go through what my friends have gone through so you don't beileve it has ever happened...
Why is it so easy for you to believe that men are going into the ladies room taking photos of little girls? Have you SEEN that happen?

Seems you have a chronic case of picking and choosing what you want to believe, based on nothing...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 05/19/16 at 08:50:50

As you fail to understand and properly respond to in previous "conversations" (if someone can have conversations with a stubborn mule  Roll Eyes), are you not worried about little boys being victims here? Why aren't you also concerned with women being predators? WHY is it that YOU are only ever concerned with men pretending to be women to get access to the womens room to take advantage of little girls? I think you need to open your eyes a little bit sir and understand what I have tried to tell you many times already.

While I'm sure that happens, its rare compared to the other way. Men are far, far more likely to be sexual predators. Don't hear too many stories about nuns having their way with little alter boys do we?...

A PREDATOR WILL FIND A WAY TO PREY ON SOMEONE REGARDLESS OF THIS STUPID BATHROOM BILL. GENDER NEUTRAL BATHROOMS WILL NOT MAKE OR BREAK A PREDATOR.  

You put locks on your doors to make it harder to be victimized, but you know if someone really wants in, they'll find a way. You want to take the locks off and I have no idea why. What do we gain?

And, by the way, if it's your point of view laws like this are worthless because a predator will always find a way, I'm assuming you are a strong advocate of limited gun control laws because "A PREDATOR WILL FIND A WAY TO PREY ON SOMEONE REGARDLESS".

One more thing I've tried to tell you that you have failed to respond to, if men and boys attacking women and girls is our big problem here, then maybe we should consider addressing rape culture and raising ours sons to look at women a little differently, instead of raising our daughters and telling them they will be victimized.

I'm not suggesting we tell girls they'll be molested in a Target bathroom, but the simple fact is women and men are different. Woman have to be more aware of their surroundings then men. That's just a fact of life. I don't pay too much attention to where I park, what time I go out etc..., but woman do. They should.

I have a 28 year old son and a 22 year old daughter. I treated them fairly growing up, but I didn't treat them equally.

The world's an ugly place sometimes. Really ugly.

You know when parents tell children there's no such thing as monsters?
They're lying. If you don't know that yet, consider yourself lucky.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 05/19/16 at 08:58:10

One more thing Web... Since you have never witnessed a woman go through what my friends have gone through so you don't beileve it has ever happened...
Why is it so easy for you to believe that men are going into the ladies room taking photos of little girls? Have you SEEN that happen?

Seems you have a chronic case of picking and choosing what you want to believe, based on nothing...

Raven, like I said, I'm 55 years old. I've been in just about every life circumstance possible. I've been dirt poor with no food and been well off. Traveled just about everywhere and done just about everything. I know people, I know the country.

No, I've never personally seen that occurring. I would be in jail for murder if I had. Children need to be protected. What was the whole Catholic priest fuss about if not that?

And yes, go ahead and shout out "male chauvinist pig", but women need an extra layer of protection.

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #35 - 05/19/16 at 09:14:50

Mark,
you are propagating weakness ... and are seriously brainwashed ...

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Rayven

Colorado
Reply #36 - 05/19/16 at 09:17:59

"Don't hear too many stories about nuns having their way with little alter boys do we?... "
Men and boys are just as often molested and raped. You don't ever hear about, because they are afraid to come forward due to the fact that it proves them less manly.

I'm assuming you are a strong advocate of limited gun control laws
I support the second amendment and I own a gun. I enjoy going to the shooting range. I do believe there are people who should not own guns, and I think that a training course that issues a license (much like MSF courses) could be very useful things, and not just for a concealed carry. However, just like motorcycles, not everyone with one is going to have a license, and if they got caught you get in big trouble.

I'm not suggesting we tell girls they'll be molested in a Target bathroom, but the simple fact is women and men are different. Woman have to be more aware of their surroundings then men. That's just a fact of life. I don't pay too much attention to where I park, what time I go out etc..., but woman do. They should.
That last part really troubled me. Yes women do have to pay attention to these things, HOWEVER they should not have to. Bringing me back to my point of raising our sons to respect women as equals and not as items for their enjoyment.

Well lets just say I am not so lucky, and it has taught me that more than anything that some "men" need a "come to Jesus" moment. I am more than happy to show a man my knife or gun where the sun don't shine so he can learn a little respect if he thinks I am just some toy for him to play with. We need to stop the mentality of "boys will be boys" and teach our boys to respect each other and women.

Rape culture is real. We need to teach more of our women to stand up for themselves and be strong and not need a man or anyone else to protect them. I can be a delicate flower, but don't think my thorns wont cut you the same as anyone else.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 05/19/16 at 09:19:44

old.indian wrote on 05/19/16 at 06:53:24:
Since I have zero, zip, nada personal experience with the goings on in a Ladies Room, I'll take Rayven's word at face value.....   Since WebsterMark, JOG, Ruttly and raydawg are disagreeing with her, I must assume that they do so based on their personal experiences...

How presumptuous of you. We don't know that she identifies as a female. Make her show us the bits!

(Kidding, of course)

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 05/19/16 at 09:30:18

WebsterMark wrote on 05/19/16 at 08:50:50:
I have a 28 year old son and a 22 year old daughter. I treated them fairly growing up, but I didn't treat them equally.

Web - Sometimes you come across as a really pompous ass, and sometimes you say these things that... I don't want to call them "profound" but that really resonate with me. And I mean this as a compliment.

My first roommate was a nice girl. Grew up in a gated community, without the gate. Very nice, isolated, private cul de sac where it was not uncommon that houses were a mil plus, in early 2000 money. She went to school to become a social worker. She was a crusader. Off to change the world for the better. She wanted to right every wrong, blah blah blah. She was also a space cadet. She'd leave her phone on the table at Wendy's to go to the bathroom and it'd be gone when she came back. Poor spacial/situational awareness, but her heart was in the right place. Street smarts and book smarts are two very different things.

She was, as necessary for her degree, interning at a rehab center in Hartford and would get out around 11:30 pm- 1:00 am. She had sense enough to always make me pick her up. For all the good she wanted to do, there was still evil. Should she have had to worry about it? No. But did she? Yes.

The world is not a nice place.

--Steve

IP Logged
Rayven

Colorado
Reply #39 - 05/19/16 at 09:38:07

Should she have had to worry about it? No. But did she? Yes.

I completely agree with this statement. The only point I am trying to make is that it shouldn't be this way.
Do I expect it to change over night? Of course not.
Do I believe we should be trying to change how things are? Absolutely.

We cannot make it a reality until we change the way we are doing things currently.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #40 - 05/19/16 at 10:12:22

WebsterMark wrote on 05/19/16 at 08:50:50:

Statistically speaking,... children are at most danger from their parents.
Parents, relatives, and trusted individuals...

The stranger danger is a rare bird...
How do you fix that?... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Rayven

Colorado
Reply #41 - 05/19/16 at 10:23:49

"The stranger danger is a rare bird...
How do you fix that?..."

The cycle can be vicious. It starts with raising children to be respectable adults, so that when they are in the position of being the trusted individual they do trustworthy things.
A lot of pedophiles (not all) were taken advantage of as children themselves.
What we raise, we create. Some people can escape from that, some can't...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #42 - 05/19/16 at 10:54:45

Odd in a weird sorta way......
We are talking about assumed risk, and assigning it a danger factor, based on mitigating circumstances.
And forgetting we all ride motorcycles  Shocked
How you get to the hospital, is just a detail.....

Is there anything new under the sun, or have people just decided to look at different things, and then base an opinion on their perception?

Can't we all just listen to Bobbie McFarrin's Be Happy  Cool

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Rayven

Colorado
Reply #43 - 05/19/16 at 11:13:18

raydawg wrote on 05/19/16 at 10:54:45:
Odd in a weird sorta way......
We are talking about assumed risk, and assigning it a danger factor, based on mitigating circumstances.
And forgetting we all ride motorcycles  Shocked
How you get to the hospital, is just a detail.....

Is there anything new under the sun, or have people just decided to look at different things, and then base an opinion on their perception?

Can't we all just listen to Bobbie McFarrin's Be Happy  Cool

*clapping my hands* Grin

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #44 - 05/19/16 at 11:43:55

with 5 kids, 2 girls and 3 boys, they all got equal treatment. Taught about MUTUAL respect as HUMAN BEINGS ... better learn to cook clean forage work fight shoot and take care of yourself ... they all had self defense courses, karate and modern self defense, they all know how to shoot and clean boom sticks ... they all can build fires, cook, clean and dig fox holes  Wink

oh yeah and I taught them how to RIDE ... and drive trucks ...

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:51:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Bathroom Vigilantes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.