Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Feeding the beast...... (Read 243 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Feeding the beast......
05/06/16 at 05:15:35

I am still trying to wrap some sort of semblance around our next presidential election  Shocked
Not sure if I can surmise anything concrete presently as everything is so fluid and changes on a whim.
The professional pundits are not any better off, and fact is they might be standing too close to the trees and fail to see their duplicity in the matter!

One thing that has struck me, and I will use my buddy Bot as an example, tho tame in many respects as opposed to some of the video you see on the media outlets......
Is this anger and disgust aimed at Trump!
It did not work on all those republican challengers he dispatched, with their collective experience and funding.
And it seems he is using this same frustration and turning it on those who still oppose him, of his party, and Hillary.

You see the mob mentality of these raucous demonstrators and it is not much of a leap to associate them with his opposition, re: Hillary, by default.
In other words, it looks bad  Shocked
I think it is almost a Bradley effect when it comes to polling the numbers, people don't like what they see exhibited against Trump, yet, they don't want that same anger generated toward them by affirming a vote for him as opposed to this mob mentality of his opposition....
Again, look at Bot's replies, one liners and nothing substantive....
Which is what people are frucking tired of in politics!

Your thoughts?  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Feeding the beast......
Reply #1 - 05/06/16 at 07:25:22

raydawg wrote on 05/06/16 at 05:15:35:
people don't like what they see exhibited against Trump, yet, they don't want that same anger generated toward them by affirming a vote for him as opposed to this mob mentality of his opposition....
Again, look at Bot's replies, one liners and nothing substantive....
Which is what people are frucking tired of in politics!

Yes,... people are lying because they fear my sarcasm... Undecided

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 05/06/16 at 08:11:07

You really aren't that dumb...... are you?
It's easier to be dismissive than to risk engaging, right?
You don't want to stray too far from the reservation, huh  Roll Eyes

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 05/06/16 at 08:51:19

You expect to engage me intellectually by asking if I'm dumb?...
That would be dumb... Huh

My sarcasm and dismissiveness,.. is on a bike site, arguing politics.
Trump does it on a podium...
Which is the more inappropriate?...

Some things just can't be discussed seriously...
Trump is one of them.
He is a joke of a man,.. and it is unfathomable that he where he is today.
The Republican Party is now a joke.
I'm really looking forward to his monumental failure, and the death of the Republican Party.

Consider,... last election, there was an arrogant, white, silver spoon, billionaire on the ticket.  It didn't go well...
This time you have a rude, racist, grade school, arrogant, silver spoon, billionaire...  that looks like the bastard offspring of an Oompa Loompa...
What's the forecast?...   I see rain...Grin

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #4 - 05/06/16 at 09:20:44

The whole situation is a very bad joke... The worst part of it is that the joke is on the average American citizen.....       One political party's "establishment" dislikes their party's presumptive candidate to such a degree that they are publicly discussing fielding a "third party" candidate.  (Not exactly what I would consider a very good strategy to win the "white house".)...          The other party's establishment is intent on nominating "their" candidate  while ignoring and pushing aside any resistance to "their" decision.
It may be one-heck-of-a-joke. BUT I ain't laughing..... Angry

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 05/06/16 at 11:03:01

I agree it's no joke, however, a large segment of a political party has had their say, for whatever reason, and we can argue the insanity of it, however it doesn't remove the very fact it happened within the system....
As has Bernie, and his followers, and I might imagine, their angst at the "party" for their presumption of anointing Hillary right out of the gate.
However, that is not even the gist of my post....
I don't get Trump, and at this stage of the game, I ain't voting for him, nor my wife.
I have asked his supporters here to enlighten me re: the man, and I have nothing concrete.
We can name call and assign him cartoon characters semblance, as if that ain't childish......  Roll Eyes
But even Michael Moore has lectured the left on the need to be serious re: Trump.

I still believe he is a symptom of a failed two party system, not a savior....
But go ahead Bot, blame mitt, or don, or whoever, and when you awake, maybe we can begin to be part of the solution, even on a silly motorcycle board.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 05/06/16 at 11:17:46

I don't blame Trump... he is what he is...
I blame the fools that want him behind the wheel...

...or, his finger on the red button... Huh

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #7 - 05/06/16 at 11:32:27

I'll take a shot at replying to Ray Dawg's question.  It certainly won't be a complete answer.  I and my family are Trump supporters; in fact, my daughter is the campaign chairman for our county.
First, yes, we like the idea of a businessman running things for change, rather than some career politician, or community organizer who hasn't had a real job in decades, if ever.
Sanders is a left over hippie from the Haight Ashbury days who has no clue about anything realistic to do with economics.
We like Trump's attitude about foreign aid - extracting something in return from all of the countries we protect and shelter, especially the Saudis.
Our heroin epidemic is beyond description, and even a little sealing of our southern border can't help but at least do something to help alleviate it.
In every speech he gives, he talks about doing more for our veterans - who can object to that.  
He understands finance - just yesterday he spoke about taking advantage of these current historically low interest rates and refinancing a good portion of our national debt to cut the massive amount of interest that the gov't pays.  That's a no brainer; but the community organizer never thought of it.
At a rally recently, a retired union construction worker got up to thank Trump for employing him for 18 years and providing a decent living for the man and his family.  It was announced a few hours ago that the West Virginia Coal Miners Association just endorsed Trump.  Trump is a friend to the working people of this country - there isn't a single union that is vigorously opposing him.
I am not a tea party type, and get tired of people who say that Trump isn't a true conservative, whatever that is.  If it means that Trump is not "Lucifer in the flesh", as Boehner said Cruz is, that's good in my mind.  Labels mean little - ideas mean a lot.
He understand trade issues - I like that he wants Ford to pay a tariff on cars that Ford makes in Mexico - we all pregnant dog about jobs going overseas, and Trump is the only one to have a firm idea how to prevent it.
Additionally, Trump said yesterday that he doesn't oppose a reasonable increase in the minimum wage.  Good.
That's probably enough for now to stir the pot a little.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 05/06/16 at 15:31:31

Our heroin epidemic is beyond description
And of our own making.

The poppy fields were at all time lows when we went into A/stan.
Now,, record highs.
Who believes Iran Contra was the end of CIA drug smuggling?
Anyone else who is aware of the crackdown on pain meds?
It's getting harder and harder to get reasonable pain management. And what will the people turn to as they lose their doctors? I know a man who drives from Longview to Houston every month, because his doctor moved and the workers compensation people who Pay him to make that drive, won't or can't find him a local doctor.
Yeah, we are just So anti drug. The prison system is mostly private and they get a contract with the state, and the state Promises to maintain their population at a certain percentage.
Go look.
We, the U.S., have the equipment to destroy all those fields, instead, we instead, put soldiers IN those fields to protect them.
Go look.
Fast and furious was a program to arm the cartels that agree to launder their money through our banks and invest in wall street.
Go look.

And the criminality knows no bounds.
But, they draw the line at false flag operations.
These creeps who get richer while we are at war would never actually DO anything that would bring the sheeple to bleat in unison to go to war.
They certainly didn't lie us into Nam. And we didn't stay too many years after we knew.
How many trillions of dollars and thousands of lives from the worlds greatest superpower does it take to bring to heel a small Asian country?
Talk about needing to wake Up... C'mon,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #9 - 05/06/16 at 15:34:20

JOG - You never disappoint; there is always a conspiracy for everything.  How about staying on subject and address Raydawg's questions.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 05/06/16 at 16:18:28

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 05/06/16 at 15:34:20:
JOG - You never disappoint; there is always a conspiracy for everything.  How about staying on subject and address Raydawg's questions.

WHEW......

Thank you Jerry, I almost forgot the post topic  Grin

Jerry, I have read about Newt being a possible Veep.
Any skinny to that?
I credit the man for many novel ideas and he was a big factor in Clinton using triangulation to move many left wing agendas off the chalkboard.

Will Trump disappoint Bot soon and move away from smack talk and give folk like me (and my wife) something to chew on?

I would love to hear about taxes, I think a better, simplified system, is greatly needed.
I am for consumption, as that would also address "illegals" being a drain on the system, as they would be paying into just to be here, the same as tourist and visitors.

While I got you, any ideas on a cabinet?  

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #11 - 05/06/16 at 16:28:20

Only got a couple of minutes.  Short list for VP ,as I've heard, is Kasich, Newt, Martinez ( female governor of New Mexico ) and one other whose name I can't recall.
Trump knows he is a political newbie, and has said he wants someone who has served in Congress, can get legislation thru, and who has friends in both parties.
More tomorrow.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 05/06/16 at 18:45:37

raydawg wrote on 05/06/16 at 16:18:28:
Will Trump disappoint Bot soon and move away from smack talk and give folk like me (and my wife) something to chew on?

He has said too much too often... offended and alienated too many for too long,... it won't just go away.  
Even support among his own party is in a shambles...
...besides,.. this ain't an act... his nature won't allow him to be humble or apologize.

Jerry,... I can't believe you of all people support him...
I thought you were a more serious person than this.

This will be the grand finale' Shark Jump moment of the Republican Party.
It came in with perhaps the greatest president ever, Lincoln... and has slowly devolved into this...
Trump...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 05/06/16 at 18:59:26

What you can't grasp Sew is many of us have seen Obama as the real clown for the past 8 years.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #14 - 05/06/16 at 19:05:51

Serowbot wrote on 05/06/16 at 11:17:46:
I blame the fools that want him behind the wheel...

Here are just a few reasons why I support him.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:59:21

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Feeding the beast......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.