How did we get here? (Read 48 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
How did we get here?
05/09/16 at 06:01:03

Reflecting on our current sad state of affairs, listening to the politicians, and reading the news.....
I can't help but shake my head in disbelief that our country appears so dis functional.
When the leader of the free world seems more concerned about transgender restrooms, than the homeless vets, etc
When religious leaders point fingers of blame and discourage loving ALL your neighbors.
When schools no longer provide the education our children need to become independent thinkers but push to close down debate along ideological beliefs.
Why so many homeless?
Why so many addiction?
Why so much anger?
Why so much selfishness?
Why so much insecure inferiority minded people?

When did we close our minds?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: How did we get here?
Reply #1 - 05/09/16 at 08:51:10

I guess you've missed the posts I've been making for years.
People are taxed, so the government can do our charity for us.
People are taught how cheap life is.
The government brings drugs In ,creates a drug culture, fills the private prison and even has contractual obligations to maintain a certain percentage of capacity.
The people are frustrated with having no real say in government policy and the economy is and has been in a long decline and there is no indication that the policies that caused it will change.
And, there are and always have been people who just suck.
That number seems to be increasing.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 05/09/16 at 10:33:47

Jog, can I convince you to be gay?
Or, does something else have to be there first?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 05/09/16 at 11:04:43

I am who I am. I know what I know. I do and feel how I know is right. I am not the average person. I am not easily swayed. I must have sufficient evidence to believe something that someone else believes. I am educated, not by the schools,exclusively, but from searching out information that allows observed reality to align with what I see. I Know about how the system works. I spent years delving into it. I know about God, I've spent forty years searching my heart. I have a friend who never fails to be in church when the doors are open who, I don't believe, understands what
The joy of the Lord means, at all, while I am totally getting it.
I didn't even know who Ron Paul was when I was developing my political thinking. I had no idea that Henry Ford had spoken against the Federal Reserve before I discovered the evil that it is.
Original thought is not foreign to me.

I asked my seventh grade history teacher, as I pointed to the shapes on the globe, when was this all one piece? Look at the Atlantic ocean, look at how those lines are so ready tfit together.

He said that they never were. I disagree.

Eighth grade, solar system study. I looked at the period of each planet. I saw no reasons why they wouldn't one day align. I asked when they would. Teacher said
Never
They have, more than once, since.

I'm not saying that the propaganda never impacted my thinking or that I'm not still affected in places. I study myself for indicators. I was single from 21 to 30, and I didn't date. I was busy studying my mind and heart. I'm not Taught. I am a product of discovery, after looking at what is being taught, and scoffing at it.

Watch a football game. FEEL the excitement of those fighter jets flying over, hear the song, be aware of those heart expanding sensations of being a part of that, Ohhh so Great Nation, get all patriotic, and run join up and fight against the evil. Whichever evil is the evil of the week.

The dumb masses eat it up. I, once upon a time, was one.

« Last Edit: 05/09/16 at 12:50:24 by justin_o_guy2 »  

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 05/09/16 at 16:14:01

Sounds like a great journey....

I think we are where we are by default, not design......
I see opportunist, exploit, but not create.
Like a magician, slight of hand, lying eyes....

More sheep, than shepherds.....
Followers, not trailblazers.
Trying to stay in front of those that follow us, and an eye on the one in front, I trust those, behind me, they're losers.

What f'n roses....
You wanna get trampled?

Man has failed himself, yet, when I was counting on you....
How dare you!
Rot in hell.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/09/16 at 18:40:00

darn Jog, you had some dumb a$$ teachers.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 05/09/16 at 20:29:51

How old are you?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:02:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How did we get here?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.