Re: All aboard!
Reply #30 - 04/15/16 at 17:38:03

If you call progress more people
Realizing
there is no God,
I call progress more people
Realizing
God is real.
I'm guessing there really were people who believed that the Earth was flat. Can't fix stupid. Maybe one day that bunch will get a grip and understand that the Earth is majestically designed. The solar system is not some accident. Believe as you please, but speak down to me and be prepared for whatever you get. Pretend that the atheists have the intellectual high ground at your peril. I'm not an easy mark. Believe what you want, but try to make Christians seem stupid for what they believe and I will make the case against atheists. This is a
Lightly moderated segment of the forum.
Don't push it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #31 - 04/16/16 at 07:20:00

Jog, what I find revealing in a humorous way is that most of these progressives, forward thinking, liberally tolerant folk, seem attracted to my personality, in person.
I have made many a friendship in their ranks.
In person I am a wee bit unscripted, and love to keep things light.

I would say without braggadocio, I am an up person, and by contact, I can carry that mood, sharing and giving it to others around me, often lightening their mental burdens at the moment.

Now I don't push my faith verbally (in person) but try to represent its teachings with actions, WITHOUT calling attention to why.

Only when queried with a question like, "What keeps you so up and positive?" will I share its in knowing Jesus.
As I type this now my memory is extremely vivid with recall as to some of their faces  Grin

WRONG ANSWER

All that we have experienced, months of together, if not more, seem to come crashing in upon them, in a conflicting manner....

I can't recall any of them saying truly hateful things, when this is revealed, but most have the same look of incredulous confounding, written across their body language.....

Most all will start to pull away, not all, but most.
I accept it as life, for I was foretold this would happen.
It can even happen as deep as a family relationship, from a parent to a child....
That is harsh!

I hold no animosity toward these folks, as there is no value in doing such.
How can I hold someone responsible to what they don't know?

If our pilot (co-pilot too) was too suddenly die, while in flight, am I to get mad at the guy sitting next to me because he lacks the understanding to take control of the aircraft, and assure us a safe landing?
No, of course not  Wink

If I feel anything, it is sadness, for them, in my heart.
I don't pity them, or treat them differently.
I accept the truth in the knowing that it is as life, it is what it is, and I needn't wrap anymore understanding around it than that....
Sorta like dust in the wind.

It doesn't make me cold (of the heart) to live as such, no, just the opposite, it frees me from feeling the NEED to "change" them, thus allowing me to pilot my own life, freely, accepting my views and perceptions on their own merit IF those beliefs and perceptions take me to the airport of serenity, landing safely   Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 04/18/16 at 07:12:15

raydawg wrote on 04/15/16 at 16:44:22:
What is your criteria for progress?

Not killing each other.
Not burying people up to their necks and stoning them.
Not beheading them.
Not believing that some form of deity wants you to eradicate a demographic because of homosexuality.

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/15/16 at 17:38:03:
Believe as you please, but speak down to me and be prepared for whatever you get. Pretend that the atheists have the intellectual high ground at your peril. I'm not an easy mark. Believe what you want, but try to make Christians seem stupid for what they believe and I will make the case against atheists.

JoG, we've never met, so as close as I can come to with that in mind, I do respect you and your opinions. I think you bring a lot of insight, even if some of it is conspiratorial. It's not a dig against you. I'm so sick of people killing each other for some stupid belief that isn't even real.

My argument is that Muslims are beheading people because their religion is commanding it.

Are we going to accomplish more by working together, or by cutting each other's heads off? Whats the point of team building?

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

Is this nothing more than brainwashing? Why can't we just stop killing each other for 5 minutes and try to work together?
Oh, because my religion says "Kill the infidels" or "God hates Fags".

raydawg wrote on 04/14/16 at 08:08:43:
Blaming the actions of a person based on their interpretation of a belief, any belief, where it impinges, restricts, or activity constrains another's pursuit of happiness, is like blaming food for being fat, or a gun for killing, or nice jugs, for raping.....

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

If you can blame The Turner Diaries for Oklahoma, you can blame the Quran for beheadings.

--Steve

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #33 - 04/18/16 at 07:30:54

Paraquat wrote on 04/18/16 at 07:12:15:
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Eh,... sure...  Huh
Who needs fingertips when yer' head is gone... Roll Eyes

Makes Tarantino look like a total lightweight... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 04/18/16 at 09:30:00

When they stop raping and killing in the name of Allah, then we can talk. I'm not the Hater Here. I don't invite arsonists to sleep in my barn. Why is MY behavior required to be suicidal else it be seen as hateful?
Why would I invite people who have stated their goals are to kill the infidel?
And, some people have completely given their lives to a belief system that SAYS kill the infidel. To THEM killing is a good thing to do. They will kill their own DAUGHTER if she is raped.

Now, digest all of that.
Still want them here?
Read it again, cuz there IS no rational basis for not agreeing.
Even IF they are angels,, WE ARE BROKE, and Unemployment is rampant.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 04:27:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › All aboard!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.