All aboard! (Read 213 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: All aboard!
Reply #15 - 04/14/16 at 09:25:45

raydawg wrote on 04/14/16 at 08:08:43:
Your declaration leaves no doubt as to where you fit in....

Good.

raydawg wrote on 04/14/16 at 08:08:43:
Blaming the actions of a person based on their interpretation of a belief, any belief, where it impinges, restricts, or activity constrains another's pursuit of happiness, is like blaming food for being fat, or a gun for killing, or nice jugs, for raping.....

Why are they beheading people and yelling "Allahu Akbar" then?

Have they been trying to yell us about the greatest new restaurant and bar this whole time?

Or are they beheading people because they absolutely love nachos?

Quote:
The New Testament never demands the destruction of unbelievers or the slaughter of one’s enemies. To be sure, there are passages in the Old Testament that call for the utter destruction of entire villages, but Christians believe the God of Mercy supersedes the God of slaughtering justice.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/standingonmyhead/why-do-muslims-behead-people

Quote:
The religion of the ISIS, on the other hand,  is a form of Islam that condemns everyone who is different and has only one message: Convert or be killed.

Sounds to me like the reason they are doing it, is because of their belief in their god.
Which is dumb.
There is no God. I say this definitively.
We don't sacrifice people by cutting out their still beating hearts anymore. We don't throw virgins into volcanoes anymore (terrible waste of perfectly good virgins). We don't believe we have the ability to anger the sun into causing droughts anymore. Because that is dumb.

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/14/16 at 09:50:39

Do you live in fear that every time there is an eclipse, the sun might not come back unless you leave enough corn on a stone alter in just the right spot?

--Steve

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 04/14/16 at 10:35:54

Paraquat wrote on 04/14/16 at 09:50:39:
Do you live in fear that every time there is an eclipse, the sun might not come back unless you leave enough corn on a stone alter in just the right spot?

--Steve

Not sure if you grasp the underlining principle of your question, or if you just inadvertently swerved into it.....
I believe as I do to overcome fear. Both in daily living and most certainly over death.
I can't tell you coherentantly, just exactly how it works, for it is beyond my mental capacity to grasp....
But, it sure leaves me a lot of room to believe by faith, and a transcript of how to live daily, in order that I might have life more abundantly......
This abundance is not materlistic or flesh bound, even tho presently I am constrained within its confines  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/14/16 at 11:04:14

I don't need a book to teach me it's morally wrong to end a developed, sentient life form.
I don't need the same book to feel like a piece of sheeet for taking something I didn't earn.

--Steve

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 04/14/16 at 12:36:19

A book has the capacity to make you feel like sheet?
Goodness, it must cast spells too  Shocked

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/14/16 at 13:55:47

Are you even paying attention? I said I don't need a magic book to make me feel like sheeet.

It does have the power to bewitch others...

Instead of accepting people for who they are it bewitches them into expressing God's will...
I blame Fred Phelps for his intolerable behavior under the guise of doing "God's will"...

...The same way I blame these guys.

You know what the common denominator is? A Bullsheet religion!

So when you say that I can't blame a person for their actions performed in the name of their belief I call bullsheet.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 04/14/16 at 14:10:23

There is no God. I say this definitively.

Your absolute, perfectly confident belief, is, 100%, absolutely, incorrect. I knew OF Jesus before I had ever seen a bible or been told of him. The only time I heard the word God, it was followed by dam. N. ..I was three when something happened to me, and I KNOW. I wasn't taught by parents. But, unbelievers exist, and always have and always will.

And I smoke, drink, cuss and have what people call
Impure thoughts. But I know God is real, and Jesus Definitely died on the cross. There's no other explanation for what happened to me. And no, I will not explain further, in writing, for all the world to see.

A study of the world, the average number of waves crashing on the beach per minute, the average number of pulses in the cells between the finest points of the veinous and arterial capillaries,
And for the evolutionists, ohh, do explain how losing the fur was advantageous to survival, since having no pelt requires
Expending energy and resources to create clothing.
Get naked,  and head for the hills.. tell me again how apes evolved into naked men.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #22 - 04/14/16 at 15:00:50

Yes, I am paying attention, you say you don't need no book, God, or.....
Because you have the meaning of your life dialed in. That is your truth, and I can't offer anything contrary, but I find it a wee bit funny or maybe even disingenuous that you assign the actions of others based on a non entity. To me that is like being sorta pregnant  Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #23 - 04/14/16 at 15:08:09

Jog brother, I'll lay my hands on you if you repent from your sins, I say, yeah Jesus.....
We can over come santan, I say yeah Jesus....
I say hear me now lord, this servant jig rang his bell on a backhoe bucket, his sin is on account of that ringing....

I say be healed now brother, rise from your lying, cheating, firnicating ways, be a liberal no mores.....

Did it work bro?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 04/14/16 at 18:34:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/14/16 at 14:10:23:
..I was three when something happened to me, and I KNOW.

JOG, you've mentioned this experience multiple times, but never explained what it was...
I'd really like to hear the story.
I have no memories of being less than 4 years old... most people's first memories are around that age.
What is this event that you recall so vividly?... and how do you know it was Christian?... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 04/14/16 at 18:53:42

You can come see me. I'll never say it on the phone, sure not in writing.  And, I said, because of that event I am certain about some things. I didn't say that it was a Christian event, per se..
So, read between the lines..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 04/15/16 at 09:31:46

The Earth.
Round or flat?

If you look at the horizon it appears to be a straight line. If the Earth were round, wouldn't you see an arc?

Do you have a foolish belief that is wrong, or have we learned anything in the past two thousand years?

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 04/15/16 at 09:34:03

Steve, are you under the assumption Christians think the earth is flat?

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 04/15/16 at 11:13:26

In an, admittedly, extremely 'roundabout way I'm trying to draw a parallel between beliefs and how they should change over time.

No. The Earth isn't flat.
Long ago, it was believed that the Earth was flat and now we know better.
Correction: the majority know better. We've made advancements. We've changed our thinking. We've come to accept what is true and what is false and changed our beliefs as a result.

Then there are those, apparently, like the rapper B.o.B. here that still believe the Earth is flat. Despite all the advancements we've made he still holds onto archaic ideals, such as his opinion that the Earth is flat.

We've come to know better things. Why hold onto the old ideals?

--Steve

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #29 - 04/15/16 at 16:44:22

Paraquat wrote on 04/15/16 at 11:13:26:
In an, admittedly, extremely 'roundabout way I'm trying to draw a parallel between beliefs and how they should change over time.

No. The Earth isn't flat.
Long ago, it was believed that the Earth was flat and now we know better.
Correction: the majority know better. We've made advancements. We've changed our thinking. We've come to accept what is true and what is false and changed our beliefs as a result.

Then there are those, apparently, like the rapper B.o.B. here that still believe the Earth is flat. Despite all the advancements we've made he still holds onto archaic ideals, such as his opinion that the Earth is flat.

We've come to know better things. Why hold onto the old ideals?

--Steve

What is your criteria for progress?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 06:29:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › All aboard!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.