Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Send Topic Print
August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24-28. (Read 2526 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24
Reply #150 - 08/01/16 at 04:09:42

We have been very warm and humid - but the thunderstorms just keep coming back every few days.  We had some really hard rains on Thursday and Friday....the roads were full of gravel that had washed out of driveways, and a lot of culverts overflowed.

I have not been able to keep up with the yard work very well this summer, as it seems the rains comes when I could mow...the dry weather occurs when I am busy at work.  The weeds are growing really well, and they seem to be overpowering the grass.  Normally July/August are hot and dry, and the grass stops growing until the wet fall weather returns.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #151 - 08/01/16 at 04:49:24

I totally understand Dave, so many things to do and so little time, so many things that get in the way like weather and such.  We found a solution for us and that was to get professional help.  Yep, we hired a nice dude (firefighter from Okmulgee) with a big 0-turn mower and with lots of energy.  What took Paula and I together the better part of a day to do, he can complete in less than 2 hours...and it looks a whole lot better to boot !
2 acres to mow and trim and all for 1 bill twice a month.
Yep, it is the best deal we have made in some time.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #152 - 08/03/16 at 11:36:36

The weather appears to be making a big change for the drier....and the temperature appears to be dropping below 90 in a week or so.  Hopefully we are getting into some drier and cooler weather.....so you won't have to abandon the tents to sleep in the garage!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fort-thomas-ky/41075/month/17809_pc?monyr=8/...

Weather.jpg

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #153 - 08/03/16 at 19:21:25

Ah HA !  Fall is here !!!!!!!!!  YEA  Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #154 - 08/08/16 at 06:50:20

Well, I got all the gun cases lined up and I have all the ammo I am bringing all packed up as well.  Tackle box (minimal) and fishing poles are ready.   Bike is ready, trailer is ready.

Listening to MM, he plans to fish some in the early mornings.   I can copy that, I like to catch fish and hooking on to a big cat would be a lot of fun.

Rides are fun too, but if I get Dave to set up his gazebo shelter over a picnic table we can have alternate entertainment on a rainy period (and we got some possibility of that on a weekend day showing up in the forecast).    As a group, we like to shoot so that poses no real hardship on us.

Company will be good, location is optimal.  MM will figure out catfish bait and tackle I suspect, with input from Dave over what has been historically successful.    

My dirty trick will be to toss a tiny 1/32 oz rooster tail out there and hook up a little brim or such, then let it swim around bleeding out the mouth until a big catfish smells it and gobbles it up.   Once the brim is firmly in the catfish's belly, well, that's my "hook".

I hope Dave's pond has no dead wood still sticking up from the bottom, or my brim may get me completely and totally tangled up by the time his catfish comes around to get him.

Smiley  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #155 - 08/08/16 at 07:47:31

We will go with the weather and folks desire for riding/fishing/shooting, etc.  On Friday night, or Saturday afternoon/evening....I thought we might have a combination Catfish Fry/Music Party/Mortgage Burning party!  We were able to pay off the mortgage on our house last week......after 22 years of being in debt....Woo Hoo!  I could invite some music friends to come over and play, and we have an extra guitar or banjo to loan to anyone that wants to play along (MM plays guitar and will most likely have heard the Appalachian tunes we play).

For rides......there really is no agenda and we can just play that by ear and go where the wind blows us.  There are plenty of good roads to ride - and most likely a good place to eat lunch before heading home.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #156 - 08/08/16 at 13:07:29

MM used to play Guitar before loosing two fingers  Undecided  The nubs are still to tender and stiff to press strings .  I can get about 30 degrees worth motion but need more like 270 to press strings .
Just because I cant play anymore don't mean I can't enjoy other folks's good picking !   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #157 - 08/08/16 at 13:29:57

I remember your playing --- t'was good stuff.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #158 - 08/08/16 at 14:25:09

The neighbor girl and her boyfriend came over on Saturday morning and did some fishing.  It turns out that our puppy Lily really likes to keep folks company while they fish!

She has the morning sun in her left ear....and the dogs tongue in her right ear!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #159 - 08/08/16 at 16:04:25

Is that one a training collar or anti-bark collar?

My beagle got the exact same training collars -- he needed it because his natural bark is a MASSIVE BEAGLE HOWL.  And, if he was outside and caught a scent as a young puppy from that instant he only had one direction that existed in his mind, right up until the collar buzzed, then he'd startle and begin heading for home.    He got shocked a few times because he was WAY WAY WAY out of sight and being right slow about coming home, but he'd make it back right quickly after a zap in the throat.

He's a mature dog now and will come home to his modulated whistle, and if I move (whistle location moves) he picks the pace up right smartly because that means I'm coming for him.   He figures if he beats me back to the door he is home free (and if Mommy is there he's already let in by the time I get there).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #160 - 08/08/16 at 19:27:32

That collar is her underground fence.....she has about 4 acres to run around in.  The collar/fence keeps her from wandering the neighborhood when we are away - and from becoming someone else's dog!

« Last Edit: 08/09/16 at 06:56:36 by Dave »  

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #161 - 08/09/16 at 07:06:45

CONGRATS DAVE!
getting out from under a mortgage has got to be one fo the the happiest days of most men's lives
YAHHOO!
I will celebrate with you in spirit, since i can't join the fun in person
cute pic of the neighbor and the pup

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #162 - 08/09/16 at 12:59:26

The Catfish Fry will be on Saturday evening.....and the Rabbit Hash String Band will be there to help eat and entertain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6nbxaGtzcM

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #163 - 08/09/16 at 22:02:35

so

about sunset Saturday I'll give a big Way to go Dave ? out loud to the world on your behalf buddy !  Wink

Freedom !!!  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #164 - 08/10/16 at 04:23:56

You will be here....right? On Saturday......You are the Catfish Cook!

One day trip we could take (either on the bike or in the car if we have a rain day)....is to the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum.  It take about 1.5 hours to get there on the interstate - but we can take back roads on the bikes and have more fun.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Home.aspx

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 10:30:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24-28.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.