Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print
August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24-28. (Read 2526 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24
Reply #135 - 07/25/16 at 15:59:51

Dave, you want me to show up early on the 23rd to help you get everything laid out and ready?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #136 - 07/25/16 at 19:26:10

I believe Verslagen and Lancer are arriving on Tuesday night....as we get closer I will know more what needs to be done before everyone arrives.

With 4 weeks to go I will hopefully have time to get stuff ready.  The grass is not growing so fast that it has to be cut every 4 days anymore...that helps a bunch!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #137 - 07/26/16 at 07:13:14

Dave  Huh

Do ya have ?  : Spinning targets ? (22/big bore)
                      A barn we can camp in or should we bring our own tents
                      Target frame for paper targets
                      Cots ? (put my name on one of them  Cheesy
                       Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #138 - 07/26/16 at 07:23:41

MM:

I have a boat load of those illegal advertising signs that people put up illegally in the public Right of Way - they work great for stapling targets to.  I don't have any steel targets - but I believe my neighbor has some we could borrow (provided Oldfeller doesn't have really hot rounds that will punch holes in the steel).

The garage is nice and will have an window AC unit if the weather is horribly hot (we can turn off the motion sensor light so you don't turn the lights on every time your roll over).  I have 3 tents that can be used, and you can either set them up in the woods, or on the large porch as long as you put something heavy in them to keep them from blowing away (no anchors in the concrete porch please).  I have 2 cots, 2 foam mattresses, a big inflatable air bed.  I don't think we will have any problem finding a place for folks to sleep.  I have an outdoor shower that is really nice, it has hot water. solar lights, and is really nice on those hot summer days.

I have 1 or 2 fishing poles that work - but nothing fancy.  You need to bring a good filet knife and your catfish recipe!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #139 - 07/26/16 at 09:48:21

I would not shoot a .22 spinner target with a real rifle, you'd fold it up where the round struck it even if it didn't punch right on through.    Rifle targets are more sturdy and all rounds I would bring are lead cored rounds.   Some of the '06 stuff is military full jacket though, so your pistol type steel targets should be avoided.

I've got some of those poly plastic cardboard signs too, so I won't bring mine but will instead bring a chronograph so we can speed test some stuff.

I will bring 3 fishing rods, with one set up for 40 pound catfish  ~ 80 pound test braided line ~   going on down to 12 pound test on the middle rod and super fine ultra lite 8 pound braided on the little rod.

Got no idea what Dave's catfish like to bite upon -- we got time to figure all that stuff out I suspect.

If I show up around noon - 1:00 pm on Tuesday the 23 that gives Dave a potential afternoon's worth of help mowing grass, setting up a tent or moving picnic tables or whatever else he needs done that afternoon.   No matter what he plans, time tends to get all crunched up at the end by something, and a little help right about then is useful.   Dave does not need to kill himself over getting ready for us, in other words.

Plus, zero on the rifles always needs checking as I cannot remember what I zeroed them to last, and I hate handing somebody a gun that is shooting off to the side because I was playing with something strange last time it was shot.

Rifles all have light triggers and they all kick -- stay backed away from the scope end bell and dry fire it a time or two before cranking in your first round.

Smiley

« Last Edit: 07/26/16 at 15:10:55 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #140 - 07/26/16 at 10:28:57

One ride destination we might consider....is riding down and taking a trip through Noah's Ark.  It is about an hour away from where I live - admission for the day is a bit steep at $ 40.

https://arkencounter.com/

Ark.jpg

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #141 - 07/26/16 at 14:11:18

Wow ...  Lips Sealed

for $40.oo maybe we can just drive by and look at it ?   Wink  its the ride not the destination anyway .

I'd rather fish anyway.  Smiley

OK , so I don't carry grocers :   Regular self rising flower
                                             Lemon Pepper
                                             touch of sugar
                                             egg
                                             milk
                                             cutting board
                                             cooking oil

will we be shallow frying in your big iron skillet ?

Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #142 - 07/26/16 at 16:41:13

I've got my 45-70 that should be able to handle that BIG monstrous  catfish. 😄

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #143 - 07/26/16 at 21:11:56

Lancer wrote : I've got my 45-70 that should be able to handle that BIG monstrous  
I can't think of anything in N.America short of a Train Engine you could't stop with that thing . ...  with the right bullet I'm not sure the Train would be safe ?   Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #144 - 07/27/16 at 05:14:54

The big catfish seldom comes to the surface....I have only seen him come up once to eat the floating fish food I throw out.  It scared both of us when we saw each other....his face is twice as wide as mine!

It has been a couple of years since anyone has told me that they hooked him and brought him in.  The last time he was brought in the fellow removed 4 hooks from his mouth - not everyone that hooks him can bring him in successfully.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #145 - 07/28/16 at 12:16:39

Carrying guns to scoot and shoots

Don't laugh -- and remember to put your guns out in the open inside your locked trunk area if you have one, or inside a locked case if you lack a trunk space to lock them up inside.   If you have a trunk, you don't need padlocked case as the trunk itself locks.   Put the rifle cases in plain view, don't bury them in stuff that may be considered "concealment".  Pull the bolts and store them with the ammo -- making the rifles non-functional removes any probable cause from the cops side should they decide to go after you.

Do not throw a blanket over the guns or wrap them in blankets if they are inside a common space of the car -- this makes it a concealed item and it upsets the police greatly.

Keep the ammo stored separately (in a different part of the car, in-accessible relative to the guns).  A locked suitcase works good for that, or a tool box if your truck has one.

When approached by a cop, put your hands 10:00  & 2:00 on the steering wheel in plain sight and politely tell the officer that you have rifles stored in the car but do not volunteer where they are (he'll ask where, so tell him but then be firm that he has no right to search your car or your trunk).  If he asks where the ammo is, tell him where it is but be firm that he has no right to search that part of the car either.   Offer no further information -- any information given can be used to excuse some further searching.

A traffic stop gives the cop no right to search areas not in plain sight, unless you are dumb enough to give him permission.   Don't do it, as highway patrol people are especially bad about tearing your car up looking and then stacking up a ton of little violations if given permission to go looking for them.

With all the shootings lately cops are VERY concerned about people going from A to B carrying weapons.   Be very polite, but firm --- no searching your car.   If they insist on searching anyway, ask what gives them a reasonable probable cause to do so and do not refute what they say as you ARE going to court now and YOU WILL NEED A DEFENSE LAWYER .   It is time to ask for your lawyer as you disagree that they have any probable cause at all and then SHUT UP TOTALLY.

Faced with a dubious car search of a knowledgeable, lawyered up traffic stop, most cops will give up, write you the ticket and let you go.  

Unless you did something stupid to give them probable cause, that is -- so drive somewhat carefully and don't do anything stupid.

You are living in the Obama Age -- be smart about it.

« Last Edit: 07/29/16 at 06:27:19 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #146 - 07/28/16 at 13:08:25

I tell'm they can look anywhere they want... won't find anything, and it will waste their time and mine.
I don't carry alcohol or drugs (unless the alcohol is in a sealed store container and the drugs are in a prescription bottle) so I have no worries.
Guns are registered to me and I have a concealed carry that "almost " every state co-ops with florida.
If you don't give them a hard time, they won't give you one.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #147 - 07/29/16 at 06:33:56

Texas had no gun registration, so my guns are not 'registered' but don't need to be,
I should probably get my CHL again, travel across state lines involves diferent 'legal carry each state
Some you have to do like OF says, and some the guns can't be concealed, which to me means they gotta be where a cop can see them during a traffic stop
I used to be OK with car searches, too, untill a Texas State trooper once left me with a citation... and 2 hours work putting all my stuff back in my car on the side of the road in the Texas summer sun
Since then, they don't get 'permission'  Angry

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #148 - 07/31/16 at 06:51:16

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #149 - 07/31/16 at 19:32:17

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 07/31/16 at 06:51:16:

Wow, if this kind of weather keeps up for very long Kentucky will turn into a desert.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 22:03:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24-28.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.