Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 61
Send Topic Print
Android/Chrome/Fuchsia vs Windows/Polaris (Read 15390 times)
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Re: Android vs Windows 10
Reply #225 - 06/27/16 at 20:22:49

Came across this freeware program that had some good reviews .Thought i'd share.  
https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #226 - 06/28/16 at 02:34:01

People who do not want Win 10 are trusting MS to stop pushing Win 10 when the deadline passes.

I think folks are being optimistic -- MS WANTS you on Win 10, they want you firmly locked into their walled garden.   Look for the 'hook or crook' to come out during the last month .... some more dirty pool will be played yet again and some more "accidents" are going to happen.

MS is not beyond choosing to update you after the deadline date ("because you asked for it on date dd/mm/yy when you clicked "yes" on this screen") and then CHARGING you $119 for doing so if they happen to have your charge card number (and they do, you bought something from a MS supported web site many many moons ago).

Microsoft has already forged new pathways into the dark potential deceit forest that go FAR FAR beyond anything Google has ever been accused of doing.    

Google did make some mistakes early on because they were the very first in the cloud arena and there were no rules against doing what they did -- MS coming along years later has simply made "regrettable code errors" that created the results they wanted, then they "fixed the bad code, sorry".

Plus, always remember that YOU ASKED MS TO PUT THEIR SOFTWARE ON YOUR MACHINE AND YOU AGREED TO THE ENDLESS DODGY UPDATES.

Embarrassed

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #227 - 06/28/16 at 06:29:21

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #228 - 06/28/16 at 07:24:21

Apparently so,  -----   this opens the door for a well crafted class action suit on these same exact circumstances.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #229 - 06/28/16 at 08:16:31

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/28/16 at 02:34:01:

People who do not want Win 10 are trusting MS to stop pushing Win 10 when the deadline passes.

I think folks are being optimistic -- MS WANTS you on Win 10, they want you firmly locked into their walled garden.   Look for the 'hook or crook' to come out during the last month .... some more dirty pool will be played yet again and some more "accidents" are going to happen.

MS is not beyond choosing to update you after the deadline date ("because you asked for it on date dd/mm/yy when you clicked "yes" on this screen") and then CHARGING you $119 for doing so if they happen to have your charge card number (and they do, you bought something from a MS supported web site many many moons ago).

Microsoft has already forged new pathways into the dark potential deceit forest that go FAR FAR beyond anything Google has ever been accused of doing.    

Google did make some mistakes early on because they were the very first in the cloud arena and there were no rules against doing what they did -- MS coming along years later has simply made "regrettable code errors" that created the results they wanted, then they "fixed the bad code, sorry".

Plus, always remember that YOU ASKED MS TO PUT THEIR SOFTWARE ON YOUR MACHINE AND YOU AGREED TO THE ENDLESS DODGY UPDATES.

Embarrassed

It's google's fault, MS didn't know they were stealing defective software.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #230 - 06/28/16 at 08:52:36

So,.. am I right about this?.

MS wants to get all it's ducks settled into Win10,... so that it can start charging yearly fees for update, maintenance, and security essentials...
Sort of a lease agreement... Huh

Or,.. in other words... Free software, with an annual maintenance charge?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #231 - 06/28/16 at 09:20:47

I don' know why there is so much hate for all things MS, but if you don't want 10 use this-

Never10 is a free app for when you absolutely, positively don't want Windows 10

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3048836/windows/never10-is-a-free-app-for-when...

I have 2 media center computers with tv cards in them so 10 would make them useless. I installed this, and POOF! no more nagging.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #232 - 06/28/16 at 10:57:22

Sero, we don't know for sure.

MS has not got the same game plan they started Win 10 with, which was one OS that runs on everything.   That sorta flopped and was tossed to the side and buried w/out a funeral just recently.

To Versy's point, YES MS GOT CAUGHT AGAIN with their hand in the Linux cookie jar and the entire MS .NET arrangement just suddenly became free and open source software.  

Part of it was getting caught, part of it was MS simply cannot afford to upkeep the .NET software and they hope the FOSS crew will do it for them.     So far FOSS has zero interest in their new "winnings", so we shall see how that turns out in the end.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #233 - 06/28/16 at 11:08:10

badwolf wrote on 06/28/16 at 09:20:47:
I don' know why there is so much hate for all things MS, but if you don't want 10 use this-

Never10 is a free app for when you absolutely, positively don't want Windows 10

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3048836/windows/never10-is-a-free-app-for-when...

I have 2 media center computers with tv cards in them so 10 would make them useless. I installed this, and POOF! no more nagging.

Nothing is "free"  Wink
They have to get something in return... like "advertisement popups" or an "advertisement bar" on the bottom of the screen while the program is running.
The No Win10 program runs "in the backround", so what really is it running? you will never know. Lips Sealed

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #234 - 06/28/16 at 12:28:47

http://liliputing.com/2016/06/microsoft-make-easier-decline-windows-10-upgrad...

Now Microsoft vice president Terry Myserson says the company is updating the design of the upgrade notification to make it easier to understand… and easier to decline.

The planned change is coming kind of late in the game. Microsoft’s free upgrade offer is expected to end on July 29th, and it’s likely that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update will launch a few days later.

So why the change? It could have something to do with the fact that earlier this week news broke that Microsoft had reached a $10,000 settlement with a user that had a computer update without her permission (Microsoft admits no wrongdoing, but figured it was cheaper to pony up some cash than to continue paying lawyers to fight the claim).

Why is MS sweating?    

When Microsoft launched Windows 10 last summer, the company promised it would be available as a free upgrade for the first year of availability for anyone running Windows 7 or later. And then the company started pushing the free upgrade hard.

First, the company pushed out a Windows Update that added an upgrade icon to the system tray. Then the company started tweaking the design of that notification — so that trying to close it could cause a user to inadvertently trigger an upgrade.

In other words, MS is liable for the games they played with users's machines and any "upgrade damage" that was done by their dirty tricks (whether accidental or not).

So says the judge and jury ......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #235 - 06/28/16 at 15:20:31

Interesting, it only says you can go back to Win 8 and not Win 7. When I tried to read the Never Win 10, or whatever page. I was told I had a "long running script" and the page wouldn't move. It's probably my computer illiteracy that's responsible, but it can't help but make me suspicious that someone doesn't want me to read it.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #236 - 06/28/16 at 17:30:00

If you hacked my computer and screwed it up and I could show it was You and I didn't give permission, you should be held accountable.

Now, WHY does MS  so Desperately need to get this clearly CRAPTASTIC OS on all the machines out there?
Just not enough back doors in Win 7 to make it easy for
Interested Parties to snoop, download search histories, steal information,, ?
We screwed up your computer. We Gave you Win 10.
You can ditch Win 10, but you can't have the OS you wanted to Keep?
Yeah, that's freedom.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #237 - 06/29/16 at 02:58:31

jcstokes wrote on 06/28/16 at 15:20:31:
Interesting, it only says you can go back to Win 8 and not Win 7. When I tried to read the Never Win 10, or whatever page. I was told I had a "long running script" and the page wouldn't move. It's probably my computer illiteracy that's responsible, but it can't help but make me suspicious that someone doesn't want me to read it.

There is a reason for this .... MS replaces all your drivers with THEIR Win 10 drivers and when you try to go back to Win 7 you are completely screwed, blued and tattooed.    

The Win 10 drivers now inhabiting your machine WILL NOT WORK WORTH A SHITE WITH WIN 7.    They will work "better" with Win 8, not perfectly, but "better".

GW Control Panel is the main tool people use to block Windows 10.   The other one has some issues that cause it to not work completely all the time, but GW Control Panel has been consistently updated to do the job as correctly as it can be done.

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-rem...

Once again, this downloads a small autonomous .exe file that MODIFIES your Win 7 system and installs bits of alert code as needed.

« Last Edit: 06/29/16 at 04:05:47 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #238 - 06/29/16 at 04:27:16

Okay, again, if Win10 sux so bad, people are given Free access to it, and won't load it, but MS develops software to sneak up and Jammit down your throat,  

Somebody, please, tell me WHY they would go to such lengths to get that OS on your computer..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #239 - 06/29/16 at 04:55:26

Microsoft has to have untold millions of people each chipping in 6.3 cents per ad click on each of the multiple ads they cram into each page of their OS system.

Both Google and MS are paid for by ad dollars, Google is just more subtle and gracious about it.   Google isn't as greedy, either.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 61
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 03:00:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Android/Chrome/Fuchsia vs Windows/Polaris

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.