Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The truth on gun control...... (Read 323 times)
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: The truth on gun control......
Reply #45 - 01/03/16 at 11:28:12

raydawg wrote on 01/02/16 at 17:48:12:
Then is Obama looking to standardize ownership, under a federal guideline, so it would be consistent, sorta like driving a car in another state, still requires us to have a license in good standing, in our residential state?  

'Standardizing' ownership, is already done. It is the Gun Control Act of 1968. Which has been added to, to add, Background Checks. Most of the people, that do not follow that law, are severely punished.  The Criminals, do NOT heed that law, (heck, they are, Criminals !)
Only if you are, Eric Holder, can you IGNORE that law, and Nothing is done.

As to other States, and driving a Car. You are licensed in your State. You have done all the things that, YOUR, State required, so now you have a D.L. issued to you, from, Your State.

Other States, allow you to drive, in their State, but require you, to obey, That States law. Some States have different Speed limits, on the same road.  Some States, allow a Right turn on a Red lite, (Stop and look first), some don't. Some States, make a Helmet Mandatory, some Optional. Some States say you can stick something on your windshield, (GPS/Cameras/etc)  some States do not. Some States say you can use a Cell phone while driving, some do not. States have different requirements, in getting, that, States license.

So, would you then be in favor, of the Fed guberment, telling your State, what to do?

Well about, 155 years ago, the Feds, IGNORED, 'States Rights', Then what happened?    :'(

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #46 - 01/03/16 at 13:06:42

MnSpring wrote on 01/03/16 at 11:28:12:
raydawg wrote on 01/02/16 at 17:48:12:
Then is Obama looking to standardize ownership, under a federal guideline, so it would be consistent, sorta like driving a car in another state, still requires us to have a license in good standing, in our residential state?  

'Standardizing' ownership, is already done. It is the Gun Control Act of 1968. Which has been added to, to add, Background Checks. Most of the people, that do not follow that law, are severely punished.  The Criminals, do NOT heed that law, (heck, they are, Criminals !)
Only if you are, Eric Holder, can you IGNORE that law, and Nothing is done.

As to other States, and driving a Car. You are licensed in your State. You have done all the things that, YOUR, State required, so now you have a D.L. issued to you, from, Your State.

Other States, allow you to drive, in their State, but require you, to obey, That States law. Some States have different Speed limits, on the same road.  Some States, allow a Right turn on a Red lite, (Stop and look first), some don't. Some States, make a Helmet Mandatory, some Optional. Some States say you can stick something on your windshield, (GPS/Cameras/etc)  some States do not. Some States say you can use a Cell phone while driving, some do not. States have different requirements, in getting, that, States license.

So, would you then be in favor, of the Fed guberment, telling your State, what to do?

Well about, 155 years ago, the Feds, IGNORED, 'States Rights', Then what happened?    :'(

You make, as HovisPresley would say, a lot of sense....

So Obama is just using peoples emotion/fear to enact some sort of law that is already covered elsewhere, and it has NOT stopped these mass shootings, that he has promised these survivors relatives, correct?

Anybody disagree with my assertion?

If nobody offers up opposing proof, then I guess we can say we have A LOT of proof Obama is just doing this for his OWN ulterior reasons and  in all honesty doesn't care diddly about what he said about protecting folk.

Case closed?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #47 - 01/03/16 at 13:50:38

One other possibility.....

It would be really hard to put into scope, but if one was to consider that Obama refers to the 2012 push by him, on this issue, it created more problems for democrat candidate up for re-election than effecting the republicans, as the left paints all of them with a broad brush.

Could he really be so egotistical that he will try and sabotage Hillary's chance at superseding him ?  

Forcing her to take a stand is not what this woman likes to do.....
And it could cost her votes/states.
Oregon looks at guns differently than most liberal ones, and it is pretty liberal on other matters.
In a close race it could be a deciding factor, and coupled with her consistent unfavorable ratings in polls, golly, I can see it as him torpedoing her ( that is better than what Trump said he did last time).

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #48 - 01/03/16 at 16:01:39

raydawg wrote on 01/03/16 at 13:06:42:
“ … So Obama is just using peoples emotion/fear to enact some sort of law that is already covered elsewhere, and it has NOT stopped these mass shootings, that he has promised these survivors relatives, correct? …”  

Well, here in the USA,  where are, the VERY most, ‘mass-shootings’, happening ?
A Hint.   (Here they are called, ‘Zones’, in France, it is the whole Country.)
Are they at, places, where law abiding Citizens, have been TOLD,  “You can NOT, bring a firearm in here”.  So the,  DFI’s, and Terrorists,   KNOW, it’s just,  ’shooting fish a barrel”. ?  Oh they are at,  “Gun Free Zones”  !

Why are not those,  ‘mass shootings’, conducted at, 100’s of Thousands of other gatherings, where their are Families, Children, Elderly, etc,  and all sorts if Citizens, who’s rights have not been removed?

Who, ‘made’; “Gun Free Zones”,  and,  ‘Why” ?  I believe, that is the BIG question!  Especially, ‘WHY” ?

A interesting statement this morning on the News.
(Paraphrased, as I don’t remember the ‘Exact’, words.  But you will get the idea)

In a interview, Trump was asked, ‘Do you think America is going to run into ISIS’,
he responded, “No,  The Extreme Islamic's, are going to run into America”
 ( Now some people, are already crafting a, ‘one liner’, which probably would include the word, ‘Arrogant’. )
But, think, outside the Box.   Let me add just two words.
“ Is America, (your motorcycle), going to run into ISIS, (a Red Oak Tree)”
“No, The Extreme Islamic's, (motorcycle), are going to run into, America, (Oak Tree)”

See the difference.  He is the ONLY one I have heard, that has, EVER, ’reversed’, those two words.

As JOG pointed out,  ‘Car Jacking’s’.
You heard about them ALL the time. Happened in dark alleys, parking lots, on the street at stoplights. etc.
They were Lots of them.  Then they stopped.   Why ?
Was their, more police, was their, laws about locking your car as soon as you got in. Did the ‘jackers’, get bored,
Etc. etc. etc.
Or was it, that they got Shot Dead!
And the rest, (who were thinking about doing that for Fun & Profit), actually, ‘Learned’,  ‘Not a good career choice’.

" ... has NOT stopped these mass shootings, that he has promised these survivors relatives, ..."

If he, actually, WANTED, to. (Ray Charles could have seen the solution), he would have, 'removed' the mandate, for, 'Gun Free Zones'.

Now, removing, 'Gun Free Zone', does not mean, taking away, metal detectors for Courthouses and the like.   But use some Common Sense !  Let, 'that' School, let, 'that' Courthouse, let 'that' Hospital, decide what, Their', policy is.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #49 - 01/03/16 at 16:07:30

MnSpring wrote on 01/03/16 at 16:01:39:
As JOG pointed out,  ‘Car Jacking’s’.
You heard about them ALL the time. Happened in dark alleys, parking lots, on the street at stoplights. etc.
They were Lots of them.  Then they stopped.   Why ?
Was their, more police, was their, laws about locking your car as soon as you got in. Did the ‘jackers’, get bored,
Etc. etc. etc.
Or was it, that they got Shot Dead!
And the rest, (who were thinking about doing that for Fun & Profit), actually, ‘Learned’,  ‘Not a good career choice’.

I think lack of success, and bait cars had more to do with it...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #50 - 01/03/16 at 16:36:35

ISIS and USA....Oak tree and motorcycle.

It's a very young oak tree  Wink

PS. Ray, "You make, as HovisPresley would say, a lot of sense....", I don't get it...

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #51 - 01/03/16 at 16:37:15

raydawg wrote on 01/03/16 at 13:50:38:
" ... Could he really be so egotistical that he will try and sabotage Hillary's chance at superseding him ? ..." 

Totally, Absolutely, Believe so!
Follow his actions, the first lady's actions, his V.P.'s actions.

Oh, speaking about the V.P. Concerning G.C., 'You Don't Need a, 'assault ..."
Where he told everybody, on National T.V., to Violate, the laws in just about every town in the USA.
And told them to, VIOLATE, a VERY, important 'commandment' of Firearms Safety.  

Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.

He must have forgot, that the, 'People', are NOT,  above the Law,  Like HE  is !

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #52 - 01/03/16 at 16:40:16

Serowbot wrote on 01/03/16 at 16:07:30:
" ... I think lack of success, and bait cars had more to do with it...

Sure, that, and other things, helped.  
But what, Stopped it was.
The Criminals Greater,  Much  Greater, 'fear', of a 'armed Citizen', vs the Police.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #53 - 01/03/16 at 16:44:16

HovisPresley wrote on 01/03/16 at 16:36:35:
ISIS and USA....Oak tree and motorcycle.

It's a very young oak tree  Wink

PS. Ray, "You make, as HovisPresley would say, a lot of sense....", I don't get it...

Yes.... one can tell by your uptighness, that you don't visit Jogs constitutional practitioners, a lot  Grin

PS: if you were confused before, I'll double my bet that you are now triply confused  Wink  

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #54 - 01/03/16 at 16:46:19

MnSpring wrote on 01/03/16 at 16:40:16:
Serowbot wrote on 01/03/16 at 16:07:30:
" ... I think lack of success, and bait cars had more to do with it...

Sure, that, and other things, helped.  
But what, Stopped it was.
The Criminals Greater,  Much  Greater, 'fear', of a 'armed Citizen', vs the Police.

Opinion or fact?

Btw, where are these 'Savage' women? There are several flags being waved.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #55 - 01/03/16 at 16:48:11

Ray, "Yes.... one can tell by your uptighness, that you don't visit Jogs constitutional practitioners, a lot "

Huh Why talk in code?

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #56 - 01/03/16 at 16:56:36

" ... It's a very young oak tree ..."

OK  Hovis,  Take your scooter, and drive it head on, into, (even a 20 year old tree). Ignore the 100-200+ year old ones.  Then tell us what happens?   A 500 + year oak tree, It’s Not even their anymore !

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #57 - 01/03/16 at 16:59:29

HovisPresley wrote on 01/03/16 at 16:48:11:
Ray, "Yes.... one can tell by your uptighness, that you don't visit Jogs constitutional practitioners, a lot "

Huh Why talk in code?

You no like puzzles?

OK, if you need help....
You stated Jesus hung out with A Lot of hookers
I questioned your meaning of A Lot

And then you made another claim that I appear uptight, or defensive about Jesus being with ho's....etc.

So, if one can use a descriptive anyway they desire, I will avail myself to the same, adding more flavor to the stew.

Bon Appétit  Grin

PS: I make up limericks in the shower, I have a good time.....
My wife thinks I am crazy.
If you are ever over in the states, you can join me, good clean fun  Kiss

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #58 - 01/03/16 at 17:00:29

MnSpring wrote on 01/03/16 at 16:56:36:
" ... It's a very young oak tree ..."

OK  Hovis,  Take your scooter, and drive it head on, into, (even a 20 year old tree). Ignore the 100-200+ year old ones.  Then tell us what happens?   A 500 + year oak tree, It’s Not even their anymore !

I KNOW, I KNOW......
He blames the scooter  Grin

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #59 - 01/03/16 at 17:00:31

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/analogy

That should explain the tree..... now, the many women you talk of?

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 10:06:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The truth on gun control......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.