Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Muslims today in their Old Testament? (Read 306 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Muslims today in their Old Testament?
Reply #30 - 12/18/15 at 17:14:58

raydawg wrote on 12/18/15 at 16:24:08:
Ok bot, here is where I think your thinking fails you......

You lost me at,... "Ok bot",...  Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #31 - 12/18/15 at 17:30:39

Serowbot wrote on 12/18/15 at 17:14:58:
raydawg wrote on 12/18/15 at 16:24:08:
Ok bot, here is where I think your thinking fails you......

You lost me at,... "Ok bot",...  Grin

Go toss a few long necks and try again  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 12/21/15 at 05:30:43

i had a few but no idea either what you mean.

Sin is not subjective when referring to sin as a violation of God's standard of perfection. Sin may not be easily recognized however,  I think that's what your getting at. Seems like this deserves its own thread.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #33 - 12/21/15 at 06:23:58

"SIN" is something very subjective to different societies and cultures.

Define "SIN": one could say "Do not disobey, that is a sin"; I could object "Do not lead into temptation, that is an even worse sin".

What's worse, stealing cookies from the cookie jar, or telling an otherwise unaware child "there's a cookie jar on the table full of delicious cookies BUT YOU MUST NOT EAT THEM!"
Huh

To some, "alcohol = sin". Generally white, anglosaxon Protestants (or DIY Born Again New Age Christians) will BAN alcohol from their home.
In the Mediterranean, a family meal is not a family meal without at leat half a glass of wine in Mom & Dad's glass.
In that same area, drinking until you're sick and drunk is considered self-ridicule and self-humiliaiton,
while in Northern Europe binge drinking is often considered to be THE fun thing to do on weekends.
From which "alcohol shall not enter this house / no drink in my home" etc...

So, what is sin ? it is the violation of a rule generated not by law but by religion because the "sinner" disagrees with the validity of the rule.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #34 - 12/21/15 at 06:28:54

"Sin is not subjective when referring to sin as a violation of God's standard of perfection."

This is an inherently dangerous statement: in ancient times the Jews considered any illness as penalty for sin.
Children born with imperfections were considered to be a punishment to their parents' sinning.
See the parable of the man blind from birth "what abomination could his parents have committed?"

So... WM, I hope you are perfectly fit and have no body flaws, a perfect silhouette and no flop ears, runny nose, flat feet,
and that you do NOT speak with imperfections (which includes the typical drawl)
Those by Biblical terms should be considered punishment for your sins.

Go ! Repent ! Grammar School is near !  Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 12/21/15 at 07:29:45

"Sin is not subjective when referring to sin as a violation of God's standard of perfection."

My statement stands. You are wrong on this one mpes.

As I said, God's standard is perfection. Anything short of that is sin. Can you sin without knowing it? I was not defining any given actions as sinful or not. Some are easy, telling a falsehood for your own personal gain is a lie.

This is an inherently dangerous statement: in ancient times the Jews considered any illness as penalty for sin.

Some actions are labeled as sins by MANKIND, usually religious leaders, to gain control over people. You correctly point out alcohol. I was raised by my two aunts, Southern Baptist. Any alcohol was a strict no-no for Southern Baptist. However, any reading of Biblical text could easily dismiss that because the text warns against 'not being fooled' by alcohol. Is it a sin in God's eyes to drink wine? No, of course not. Is it a sin to drink wine in front of a recovering alcoholic and tempt him with a drink? yes, I think everyone would say so.

Slavery is another great example. Southern Baptist in the past were told slavery was acceptable and religious leaders cited several Biblical examples. But any fair reading of those instances show their conclusions were simply wrong.

I don't allow myself to be 'told' what the Bible teaches. I question anyone who says this is wrong or that is wrong.

Don't confuse man made definitions of sin with God's standard of perfection.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #36 - 12/21/15 at 09:15:50

"Don't confuse man made definitions of sin with God's standard of perfection."
You're forgetting that the bible is man-made.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #37 - 12/21/15 at 10:10:26

Right vs wrong, is different than "sin", and that's different than legal......
"Sin" can be all kinds of nutty things... like wearing cotton and linen together,... or eating pork, or shellfish... or working on a Sunday.
It may be "illegal" to jaywalk, even when there is no car in sight... or to not signal a turn, on an empty road...
But, these things are not right or wrong...

... wrong vs right,... is doing something selfish that would harm someone else...
We all know when we do that... and we know it's wrong.
You don't need a god to tell you that.
Our humanity tells us that.

If you need help with that,... you are a sociopath...

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #38 - 12/21/15 at 10:44:33

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35151967

For those who are so frightened of the Moslem terrorist next door.

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #39 - 12/21/15 at 11:27:41

Breaks my heart...

"Melissa Chance Yassini posted about her daughter's reaction to hearing proposals by Donald Trump to ban Muslims from entering the country.

"She had began collecting all her favorite things in a bag in case the army came to remove us from our homes," Yassini wrote on Facebook about her daughter Sofia. "She checked the locks on the door 3-4 times. This is terrorism. No child in America deserves to feel that way."

https://gma.yahoo.com/armed-forces-members-veterans-iwillprotectyou-muslim-ch...

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #40 - 12/21/15 at 14:20:56

This little girl's fears are understandable when you look at this government's history....       The "relocation camps" for the Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor, the relocations of various tribes to "reservations" etc.

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 12/21/15 at 15:55:13

Serowbot wrote on 12/21/15 at 11:27:41:
Breaks my heart...

"Melissa Chance Yassini posted about her daughter's reaction to hearing proposals by Donald Trump to ban Muslims from entering the country.

"She had began collecting all her favorite things in a bag in case the army came to remove us from our homes," Yassini wrote on Facebook about her daughter Sofia. "She checked the locks on the door 3-4 times. This is terrorism. No child in America deserves to feel that way."

https://gma.yahoo.com/armed-forces-members-veterans-iwillprotectyou-muslim-ch...
http://a.scpr.org/i/abd63dd2ebd1b884c87f7b6a35ab6d97/115749-lsquare.jpg

I'm throwing my bull$hit flag. This sounds made up. I'm guessing she had more than a little help from her mother. Lets just wait and see...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #42 - 12/21/15 at 16:11:15

Web,.. you must buy those flags in bulk... Grin

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #43 - 12/21/15 at 16:40:11

This sounds made up. I'm guessing she had more than a little help from her mother.

I agree with Web, mom got on the computer and posted something.  There's no way to tell if the story has any merit, Trump never said anything about deporting Muslims.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #44 - 12/21/15 at 16:44:14

Of course the mum posted it. That's what it says.
It doesn't mean that the little girl isn't scared.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 09:19:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Muslims today in their Old Testament?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.