Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New Member - A Few questions (Read 324 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: New Member - A Few questions
Reply #30 - 09/04/15 at 22:01:46

What? You can't wash your own bike?
I'm seriously partial to redheads, but little miss America there is just too fine...
Does it cost more if you don't get off the bike?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #31 - 09/04/15 at 23:02:52

Justin,

I too am partial to redheads, but the patriotic young lady is my favorite.

I will ask if it costs extra to stay on the bike while they wash it.

Actually I do wash my own bikes, but I am trying to learn how they wash the spokes on a big HOG while bent in half.......LOL

Kenny G

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #32 - 09/04/15 at 23:21:21

Ohh, I suspected there was some purely intellectual exercise at the err, root of it all.
I'd be happy to have her flag flying from my pole. Strictly as a patriotic gesture, of course.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jstat
YaBB Newbies

What a long strange
trip it's been.

St. Louie
Reply #33 - 09/05/15 at 09:52:36

I put the carb back in the bike with the new 50 pilot jet and 150 main jet. It is absolutely running right now.  Cool Now onto the Dyna install.

Jstat
2007 S40 - Dyna - Raptor
  IP Logged
Jstat
YaBB Newbies

What a long strange
trip it's been.

St. Louie
Reply #34 - 09/06/15 at 12:36:29

I put the Dyna on. However, it would not butt all the way to the heavy ring on the pipe. See pic. I used the tin can crush gasket but I'm still getting some puffs of exhaust from the joint.  Any suggestions?

On a side note, my wife has me smoking ribs today on our Big Green Egg.  I just replaced the gasket on it last week.  I routinely cook woodfired pizzas on it at temperatures in excess of 700°. The gasket just comes in a roll of tape. Any thoughts on whether this might be a possible fix?

image_316.jpg

Jstat
2007 S40 - Dyna - Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #35 - 09/06/15 at 13:17:10

The Supertrapp wouldn't seat, either. I used a grinder to shorten the header.
Before you do anything like that, inspect the inside of the Dyna. See why it won't go further. And, remember, the heAder is two pipes, so,don't mess up where they join. And, working on it, still on the bike, you've got loads of leverage you can accidentally apply to the header bolts, wimpy, skinny, fragile,,
I would remove the whole thing and get it seated.
I didn't know then what I know now. The sparks from the grinder hit the battery vent gasses and grenades my battery. Sounded like  a 22 pistol.
Lots of work to clean up, plus a new battery.
And I really doubt the grill gasket is up to the job.
You gotta get the end of the slots up over the header.
Migh hafta  get a drill and arbor and grinding stone inside the Dyna, clean up a weld or something.
How long are the slots?
How far from the ring to the end of the heAder?

IP Logged
Jstat
YaBB Newbies

What a long strange
trip it's been.

St. Louie
Reply #36 - 09/06/15 at 13:55:14

The end of the slots are definitely completely over the header pipe.   The clamp covers them as well. The end of the clamp is also at the end of the muffler, so it's about a half inch from the heavy ring. I may have solved my own problem. I went back and put some extra torque on the muffler clamp. I was able to get about two more turns out of it.  Seems to have sealed it up.  Just took it for a spin and rides great.  Is it always necessary to completely butt it up to the heavy ring?

Jstat
2007 S40 - Dyna - Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #37 - 09/06/15 at 14:02:39

No, its not. Looks like you won. It's more about looks. If you got the back supported and it all Looks straight, then all ya need is a heat shield to hide the connection and it'll look great.
Someone did a bang up job, built stand off brackets and made a real , functional heat shield. Looked great and would actually protect from burns.

IP Logged
Jstat
YaBB Newbies

What a long strange
trip it's been.

St. Louie
Reply #38 - 09/06/15 at 14:13:51

Thanks, Justin. I ended up buying some 5/16 bolts, washers and some neoprene washers to put on the front and backside of the bracket on the bike.  The stock rubber gaskets on the bike were pretty well toast.  Seems to be a secure connection but I'll probably order the OEM rubber gasket and put it on later.  I found a Cobra heat shield that I plan to order.

Thanks to everyone for all the great advice!  Now to get her cleaned up and ride!

Jstat
2007 S40 - Dyna - Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 11:08:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Member - A Few questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.