Waco biker morons (Read 828 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Waco biker morons
Reply #75 - 06/08/15 at 15:38:20

And yet, WAPO printed it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
spearheadss

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wylie, TX
Reply #76 - 06/08/15 at 18:24:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/08/15 at 15:38:20:
And yet, WAPO printed it.

WAPO didn't print it. It's a link created to look like the WAPO site. It ends with .co

2001 Suzuki Savage. Screaming Eagle exhaust. Raptor Petcock. Routy's Forward Controls. 150 Main and 50 pilot.
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #77 - 06/08/15 at 18:35:53

Grin Grin Grin

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #78 - 06/09/15 at 12:27:44

mea culpa. Looks like I'll have to be more careful about the sources of the things I link to..

The other link in my post was legit though. It's an opinion piece, not a news story, and does not  pretend to be anything other than that.

So; maybe no evidence leading to a conclusion that this was orchestrated at a level higher than Waco law enforcement. Maybe.

At any rate, the malfeasance of the Waco PD in this incident is going to be a lot harder to deny. There seems to be a good bit of evidence about that. Some of which has already come to light, and  some they seem to be trying to hide.

IP Logged
Drestakil

innocent bystander

Southern Illinois
Reply #79 - 06/11/15 at 20:32:46

A bail reduction from 1 million down to 250,000 is still going to leave a lot of bikers in jail.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks-biker-shooting/bandido-shot-in-twin-p...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #80 - 06/11/15 at 20:45:27

Why bail at All?
The government should be forced to demonstrate that they have sufficient evidence for a trial. And I mean yesterday.
How many people are in jail who had a concealed carry permit AND whose gun wasnt fired?
Look up
Excessive bail

A quarter million?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Drestakil

innocent bystander

Southern Illinois
Reply #81 - 08/19/15 at 20:37:19

http://abovethelaw.com/2015/08/the-reason-you-havent-heard-more-about-the-177...

This is starting to smell more and more. I hope Mr. Clendenen wins his case big time. Angry

Matthew Alan Clendennen filed a federal civil rights suit against Waco authorities shortly after his arrest at the biker rally. Clendennen is a Baylor graduate, a former volunteer firefighter, and small business owner who had no criminal record prior to his arrest on May 17. He’s mad as hell about how McLennan County officials treated him, and he’s not going to take it anymore.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #82 - 08/19/15 at 21:28:58

I agree in principle. Sadly, the costs of bad behavior are borne on the backs of the taxpayers, not the guilty...
Wanna see change? Start digging into the right pockets.
Ever notice how people in
Positions

RESIGN,  and don't go to jail..

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #83 - 08/20/15 at 05:41:53

The thing that I find really horribly scary about all this.....is how easily an innocent person could have been caught up in this fiasco.

I am a curious fellow, and if I had been driving by and seen a bunch of cool motorcycles (or cars), I most likely would have stopped to look around at the bikes.  Two years ago I was on a Saturday ride and came to a town where the main street was blocked off and it was full of motorcycles....and I stopped and rode my bike in an spent an hour looking and chatting with the folks.  I met the local minister who rides a scooter, and one of his flock that rides a BMW adventure/tourer.

In this Waco event I could have been caught up in the arrests just like all the other folks.  I have a Concealed Carry permit and would have been perfectly legal to have a gun - but that certainly would have added to my problems in Waco!

There seems to be no "innocent until proven guilty" scenario going on with the legal proceedings.  I am not sure how long these folks who can't come up with a million dollars of bail money have spent in jail - but I likely would have lost my job, been unable to pay for my mortgage, and lost everything I own while sitting in jail for being curious and stopping to look at the bikes.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #84 - 08/20/15 at 06:36:55

Quote:
This is starting to smell more and more

The alleged " final" autopsy results on the guys killed were recently released. Interestingly enough, there was apparently no attempt made to determine the caliber of the bullets that did the killing. They were simply characterized as "small" or "large".

I doubt that we'll ever know who actually killed most of these guys. But I suspect that the Waco PD has a pretty good idea, and that if they had definitive proof that they weren't responsible, that that info would be shouted from the rooftops in order to exonerate them.

Quote:
There seems to be no "innocent until proven guilty" scenario going on with the legal proceedings.

This is an extreme example of that to be sure, but sadly, "innocent until proven guilty" is no longer the SOP of far too many police agencies nowadays. The opposite is par for the course.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #85 - 08/20/15 at 06:58:35

A little more info... only 3 remain held,... most released on reduced bond...
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks-biker-shooting/updated-list-of-twin-p...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #86 - 08/20/15 at 07:39:57

Dave's point is chilling.
Where's the Obamacare for legal problems?
How would anyone wrongly arrested and held on an UNCONSTITUTIONAL bond,  Not go bankrupt? You hire a bail bondsman, you pay ten percent, and you'll never see that money again.
A hundred Thousand dollars, gone...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 08:17:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › Waco biker morons

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.