Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 34
Send Topic Print
Update on E-Cat, state of oil markets, etc (Read 5530 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Update on E-Cat, state of oil markets, etc
Reply #285 - 02/06/16 at 06:30:05

I'd feel better if I had some idea what I Should think.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #286 - 02/06/16 at 06:36:26

Me too, JOG...  Me too... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #287 - 02/06/16 at 06:46:13

Without reading a bunch background during the experiment it means that the latest attempts at doing Rossi's trick without actually having Rossi's secret sauce resulted in just enough free energy showing up sporadically to drive everybody completely nuts.

They almost have it, then it goes away on them.   They tweek it and get it back, but then lose it again an hour later.   Time after time, they get it and then lose it again.

They chase it and chase it until they get physically exhausted, and are always just that far away from finally catching it and keeping it.

Free energy is the difference between the blue and the green lines .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #288 - 02/06/16 at 07:12:34

What's the red line?

Itt doesn't take a bunch of Free Energy to be worth the trouble.
But those look like Very small differences. It kinda gets to the
I found a quarter, stuck in the road. Now, how much effort do I expend to go get my free quarter?
I live in Longview. If someone called me from Shreveport (about sixty miles)and said that if I would just come and get it, they have a crisp fifty dollar bill, in an envelope with my name on it, I MIGHT go, with gas so cheap.
I really am cheering for this guy. I WANT this to work. Isolated, poverty stricken places could be changed for the better so quickly.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #289 - 02/06/16 at 07:37:10

and non isolated, non poverty stricken places could be free of 'big energy' influence

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #290 - 02/06/16 at 07:57:57

Yep.... I see nothing but upside. Imagine driving down the road and Not seeing metal derricks decorated with wires, and wooden poles dotting the countryside and those God Awful windmills.
West Texas, for as unpleasant as it was to look at, has become an absolute, bird murdering, eyesore. I think that if the energy and its accompanying pollution attributed it were factored in, the inherent unpredictable nature of the wind, the maintenance time, cost and energy, those windmills are probably borderline stupid,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #291 - 02/06/16 at 08:50:08

I like windmills... I think they're pretty... Huh

As far as bird killers... Undecided

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #292 - 02/06/16 at 09:28:58

'estimate'
another word for 'guess'  Grin
I've had nature (bird) lovers give me grief for letting my cats go out when they want to
'house cats kill songbirds, you horrible person'
'I need more cats, then, the songbirds keep waking me up a 4AM, ans I work nights'  Grin
Anti hunting folks don't seem to realize that without predators, it's up to people to keep deer from overpopulating, either
I wouldn't imagine wind turbines are a major threat to birds, given how rapidly they reproduce

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #293 - 02/06/16 at 12:19:01

ESTIMATES are not just wild guesses. Unless someone is trying to skew the figures, an estimate would be the result of visiting a site several times, during migratory periods and times when there are no major migrations. Looking for dead and wounded. Knowing Dead is rapidly consumed, one must not figure that having visited a month ago and cleared the areaof dead and wounded that the only kills since last visit are those that are visible.
http://savetheeaglesinternational.org/new/us-windfarms-kill-10-20-times-more-...

Ohh, gee, and the government sponsored studies say not to worry. Ohh, and look, the required radius from the base limits the number of dead birds Allowed to be counted. Yes, we can put up huge flyswatters to smash the birds from the sky, no problem, everyone knows how fast they reproduce. Good Grief..

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #294 - 02/08/16 at 08:20:37

how exactly do they cont the number killed by cats? my cats ate their kills, so unless most cats don't (doubtful) I'd say the 'estimate' on the # killed by cats is pretty much a guess

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #295 - 02/08/16 at 11:14:06

I had to delete my reply, because it's the Cafe.
Ohh, dear sir, please consider the likelihood of those windmills eating the birds. And, if you would be so kind as to consider all the sweet and kind and loving adjectives that I am currently NOT typing.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #296 - 02/08/16 at 21:08:29

Well, my cat is a house cat, that gets to go outside... and um... she kills on the average of well, 2 birds a week. ( I know, because she brings them to me... you know... to help support the family... that's what they do) So from my family alone, that's 104 birds a year.... probably more...

And 74-96 million cats are owned (not counting feral ones) in the United States alone.... and I know not all of them go outside... but wow.. if half of them did...

37 million times 102 = 3,774,000,000 so that graph is pretty close I would think.... Shocked

So, back on the ECat... wow always a cat in there somewhere

Doesn't it take a power source to start it greater than that it puts out? How are those 3rd world countries going to get theirs started?
The cargo container one would be great for a small culdesac of two to four houses, but again, how to start it? And who would service the pacs that need replacing when consumed?
I don't see how a small house heater could work, unless you use the 220 to start it and then change out the cores all the time (am I looking at this wrong?)...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #297 - 02/08/16 at 21:30:39

Yes, the current proposed industrial initial products require both the start up AND monitoring power to come directly from your local electrical utility.

Why is simple, Rossi believes that running the things autonomously at the concept's first startup stages is   1)  simply not very smart right now and   2) any issues due to doing that would be product killers in the eyes of UL or other regulatory agencies.

Come the time there is a car, you will plug it in at night so it can dump excess power generated at idle state off into the grid.   You can also spot draw enough juice to kick your reactors back up if it goes flatline on you due to the charge approaching wearing out, etc.

Using an Elon Musk type battery station would allow you to run a mini grid in your house and if you had two cars you could likely generate enough energy to approach energy independence, but for safety reasons would still maintain a utility grid connection at all times.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #298 - 02/08/16 at 21:50:17

I am thinking the future "power company free" home will have two to three systems generating power and at least one or two for "off hour production".

If I could afford to (wishes don't get fishes), I would go with about 12 100 watt panels, a small wind generator and two of those Musk battery stations (or a compatible setup using deep cell batteries).

I have drawn it up several times on paper and measured the yard out.
I would mount mine on poles next to my privacy fence, which runs east/west, so the panels would face south and have no shade.
I would have to make mine with the capability to take down for hurricanes, so a roof mount system is out of the question for me (even though there a tons of them down here, they must have great insurance).
A small wind generator on a telescopic pole would be the ticket for when it is cloudy, we always have at least a slight breeze here because  of being a few blocks from the gulf.
I could use a couple of old/used electric forklift batteries for night time usage.
Only thing is... to get the best use out of the system I would have to purchase a DC refrigerator and freezer, also stove/oven and heat pump or air conditioner....
A lot of power is wasted in the dc to ac conversion.
I've been reading a little on it every now and then.... one day....yeah one day... I might actually DO something with the knowledge.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #299 - 02/08/16 at 22:13:25

I think the RV industry will incorporate a lot of stuff over the years to the point a large RV will be just about energy self supporting using E-Cat tech.   For example, you can already get a propane powered RV with propane fridge, etc etc. especially if you buy an older deluxe RV dating back to the 70's and 80's.  

RVs use off line energy sources relatively well, historically.

We will not live to see anything but the very first E-Cat products, industrial and commercial mostly.   There must be a large mass of safety data before the first room heaters come out.

But conceptually there is no reason an electric oven and range top cannot run E-Cat tech. warm the elements up electrically and it then stays hot on its own until the meal is cooked and the element is turned off.

Hot water in  "on demand" systems draws juice to heat the unit up (with the chamber dry) inside of a minute, then you get endless hot water until your shower is done and you cut the unit off.

We use heat in many many ways and would rediscover the many many more ways that our great-grandparents used independent alcohol and kerosene heat.   Did you know that hand held clothes irons used to run on kerosene?   Yep, same as the lamps did.  

Go visit a country time fair in a rural city, you will see casual stuff on display that will amaze you.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 34
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:44:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › Update on E-Cat, state of oil markets, etc

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.