Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34
Send Topic Print
Update on E-Cat, state of oil markets, etc (Read 5530 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Update on E-Cat, state of oil markets, etc
Reply #120 - 08/16/15 at 20:59:46

Very interesting stuff. Have you checked out the claims?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #121 - 08/17/15 at 06:41:47

Old_Rider,  

America may be that slow but the rest of the developing world will be on it much much quicker.   And, since they now make all the room heaters, etc, the stuff will be out on the internet to purchased by us.

USA recognizes all the other national "UL" equivalents, and if the stuff passes them it can be imported directly via Ebay or Amazon.

Justin,

The click it links to check it out were listed in the thread along with the base reference, as always.   If it is in blue, it is a direct quote from the source is listed up at the very top of the thread.  I read a few of the references, looking for something new/better but a list of over 20 is beyond my time to do.

A quicker veracity check is to go to the reference at the very top of the post then scan down to the "Comments" for that prime reference.   People who do read all the click references and disagree with something will be calling BS on it down there in the Comments.

This is what I generally do as it is condensed.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #122 - 08/17/15 at 12:03:53

People are playing 60 questions with Rossi now about what is in the ECAT X.

It is becoming obvious there are other materials being used than just nickel.

Think on it a bit,  lithium was used in the reaction and was melted and used to coat the nickel grains ( the reactions continued anyway).

Now melt the nickel \ lithium mix and use it to coat tungsten grains .......

If so this is very very significant .... 1350c is a very significant and high standard operating temperature.

Rossi is also stating he has restarted this new system core multiple times with re-igniton times under an hour.

Rossi also is hinting that he has direct DC electrical production coming from the core

This too is very significant.

« Last Edit: 08/17/15 at 13:04:35 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #123 - 08/17/15 at 12:59:51

Yeah, I use replies to see what people say,too.
I really enjoy this thread. Thanks for keeping up with it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #124 - 08/20/15 at 10:02:14

http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/08/20/e-cat-x-fix-requires-making-new-material...

E-Cat X Fix Requires Making New Material that ‘Does not Exist in Commerce’
Posted on August 20, 2015 by Frank Acland • 14 Comments

After over a week of running the E-Cat X, Andrea Rossi’s new domestic E-Cat design, Rossi reported on Tuesday on the Journal of Nuclear Physics that it had, “burnt, as the first one”, but that they knew what the problem was, and how to fix it.

Today, Rossi explains that they will not be able to start it up again until next week, because they do not have a commercial source of the material needed to make the repair. Here’s his post to Gerared McEk on the topic:

August 20th, 2015 at 7:40 AM
Gerard McEk:
As I said, to repair the reactors and other parts of the plant now and again is the normality here, due to the fact that this is the first industrial real application of LENR in the History of technology.
We will start up the new E-Cat X probably at the end of the next week, because we have to produce a new material that does not exist in commerce to resolve the problem that popped out.
This attitude to make materials that do not exist is a legacy of a visit I made in the NASA concern od Huntsville, Alabama, during a meeting with their scientists: I saw their laboratory where they told me they make things that do not exist in commerce, because they have particular problems that cannot be resolved with the existing materials. I thought ” This is exactly the kind of lab I need”.
The technological characteristics of the E-Cat X will be published when the R&D on it will have been completed, and at that point will also be explained why it is more fit for household applications.
Thank you for your kind words,
Warm Regards,
A.R.

For a brand new product of this nature, it’s not at all surprising that you would have to come across problems as described here. When it comes to manufacturing this E-Cat X, it sounds like it won’t be able to be manufactured using easily available materials; there will have to be a means of making this new mystery material in significant quantities.

There has been indications that NASA and DARPA have held Rossi units that were provided to DARPA and NASA as Rossi developed them ongoing.   Rossi is perhaps a paid contributor to NASA and DARPA and has been for some time.

This is the first time we see signs of Rossi reaching back to get tech help from NASA.

I find this cooperation encouraging ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #125 - 08/20/15 at 18:46:08

Initially, I'm shocked, because of the potential for people to be able to own their own power supply, but, the small , powerful, non nuclear, and all,,, Heck yeah, Navy, NASA,everyone,,
I still can't believe it's not being stifled

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #126 - 08/20/15 at 20:32:14

Justin, LENR was stifled for 20+ years (and one guy was outright murdered to keep that silence going).

But now the wind has changed directions, 180 degrees .....

Difference now is that 1) we need the progress because of world-wide carbon pollution and 2) the cat is already out of the bag now and we are in a race with the Russians and the Chinese to get into concrete patent-able production on an energy solution.

Go guys go .....

« Last Edit: 08/20/15 at 22:18:38 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #127 - 08/20/15 at 21:14:41

Are you telling me this process was the one that I heard about but
Gee, it can't be reproduced
Gee, it can't be verified
???

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #128 - 08/20/15 at 22:17:06

Justin,

He's got three generations of them, and he is safety and durability testing each of them for a year a piece

(sounds like a lot, doesn't it?   But that is what is required here in the USA)

One is built, sold and half verified in place at the customer's plant

=======================================

A better one, built and 1/3 verified at the same facility

A brand new one that works even better but requires a new widget that is much more durable than what has been built before (some tech help, please NASA) but this one will be able to roll off the certificates of the first two once they are granted.

And yes ......

Rossi is catching grief for taking so long to verify each design, but he is running them concurrently so he isn't wasting as much time as people think.

He is also watching the wind shift right now and when it swings around and fills his sails right then the good ship Rossi LENR ship will move away from the dock.

Somebody ripping his design and moving it forward in China or Russia would actually help shift the wind more quickly since the Chinese and Russian commercial "UL" requirements are not nearly as detailed and time consuming.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #129 - 08/20/15 at 22:41:14

I wonder what kind of safety devices he has to employ.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #130 - 08/21/15 at 05:49:20

His radiation safety shields are sheet metal already used in the construction of the steam vessels.

He has a full array of thermocouples and radiation sensors per cell as recording all of that stuff is part of the safety certification process.

=======================================

There is certainly more than one way to skin a CAT ....

http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/08/21/new-paper-progress-in-development-of-an-...

A paper has been posted on the Italian Cobraf forum which I have not seen before. It’s written by George Miley and others at Department of Nuclear, Plasma and Radiological Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and was presented in the Proceedings of Nuclear & Emerging Technologies for Space (NETS) 2015 which was held in Albuquerque, NM, February 23-26, 2015. George Miley is a long-time LENR researcher and has founded a company, Lenuco, where he focuses on space applications for LENR.

Here’s the abstract of the paper:

"Anomalous heat, attributed to Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENRs), is obtained by pressurizing metal alloy nanoparticles with deuterium gas. The reactions are enhanced by creation of ultra high-density deuterium clusters in the nanoparticles. Experiments comparing various nanoparticles and plans for a proof-of-principle power unit are presented. Potential applications to space power are briefly discussed.

The experimenters used a small chamber filled with palladium-rich nanoparticles, which were then loaded with deuterium gas. In the experiments described in the paper there is no input energy in the form of heat or electricity applied to the chamber, only pressurization with deuterium gas, followed by depressurization. Below is a figure which shows the temperature readings from three thermocouples (side 1, side 2, and bottom) during the gas loading and unloading in one experiment:

Various experiments were carried out and here here is data presented about the results. The final column is the calculated energy gain.

Here’s the conclusion:

The primary result thus far is that the excess energies obtained in all experiments to date are all well above the maximum estimate of what could be attributed to chemical reactions. The external power/energy involved, such as deuterium gas compression and vacuum pumping, is minimal compared to the output, suggesting very large energy gain. This result then is extremely encouraging relative to this gas-loaded cell becoming a remarkable power unit."

Rossi has SERIOUS competition, he cannot sit on his thumbs for a year at a testing shot or someone else is going to go to market before he does.    They will go to market in Indonesia or South Korea or China ...... someplace with much friendlier rules.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #131 - 08/21/15 at 07:14:03

I remember cold fusion claims. I don't remember who or what the experiment was. I wondered if the ridicule heaped on the idea was just propaganda.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #132 - 08/21/15 at 08:45:00

One would have to wonder if there was a non radiation emitting LENR solution, why would seek out one that was?

And if that is the goal... a second process to create heat, then I'd certainly want to use a process that used nuclear waste as fuel... since there's plenty of it practically for free.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #133 - 08/21/15 at 09:34:14

Man, if someone could figure out how to use that crap and use it UP, so the end result was a safe waste product, that, just transmuting, transmogrifying it from deadly to landfill or aggregate to put in roads, even IF no value, no product, no energy, was created, that'd be  Nobel prize worthy.
Make energy,safely, and efficiently enough to make money? Wow,  beyond my wildest and most hopeful dreams.

Do you remember what the process of yesteryear was? I just remember hearing someone claimed to have been able to make a cold fusion reaction happen, then got creamed in the media.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #134 - 08/21/15 at 17:36:50

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged