stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
pressure washer pump
01/28/15 at 17:42:42

i am trying to rehab a free pressure washer and i have cleaned the motor (honda) and it cranks first pull. great!

it wouldn't 'pump' water and i have diagnosed it as a bad pump, clearly indicated by the shredded valve springs, pump bearings that rolled out when i took it apart, and gouges in the pump casing wall.

i can find a new pump for $100 but am trying to find a used pump on the cheap (from someone that burned out the motor and has a good pump) and see none.  any of you tinkerers have suggestions for a good pump, or just pony up the $100 and be done with it?

sorry, i am a cheapskate Shocked

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: pressure washer pump
Reply #1 - 01/28/15 at 20:25:47

What can you get for that money?
A pressure washer is not just about the motor and pump, but having various nozzle designs.
Depending on your real needs, you can get it"working" and not have what you need. Before you go any deeper, go look at Harbor Freight.See what a outta the box, New, real one costs. I got one "New" in box, but about 5years in storage,, hose died in under 30 minutes.. Cost about$50.00..
If I called you up and told you I would GIVE you $50.00, would you come get it? Is that free washer worth it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 01/28/15 at 20:33:08

i have an electric one. got this gas powered one from my sister to help her clean up her ex`s junk. really just seeing if i can get it pumping on the cheap just to have it in the family for all to use as needed. hate to throw out a perfectly good engine and apparatus when it just needs a pump. new it was a $300+ unit. has all its parts less extra nozzles but i dont need anything special.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 01/28/15 at 20:38:56

What kind of pump does it have on it? Motor drive to pump connection... how? Triplex pump? Maybe one from a car wash that they are closing?
What are you looking at for$100.00? That's a good number if it's a decent pump.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #4 - 01/28/15 at 21:43:18

its a honda black max 2600psi unit. pump mounts to the bottom of motor and is direct shaft drive.  they are for sale all over the web...new.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 01/28/15 at 22:07:44

So, you have a clue what it's worth, and you absolutely know how valuable it would be for the family,, and what it's gonna cost to fix... I think you have already made up your mind...
And it's got a Honda motor... what's not to like?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 01/29/15 at 03:52:26

If you can find a new pump for $ 100....that is most likely the best way to go.  The only other option you have is to go to Flea Markets, Yard Sales, watch Craigslist or eBay to find a pump a bit cheaper.  Factor in your time....and most likely trying to find a used one will not save you anything.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #7 - 01/29/15 at 06:41:15

Roger that.  On my way to drop off my front tire at the stealership today to get new rubber, I am going to stop by the small engines shop that always treats me good and see what parts they have laying around. If I strike out there, I'll go for the $100 pump and be done with it.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 05:01:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › pressure washer pump

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.