Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm (Read 84 times)
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm
01/28/15 at 07:20:36

A good while back I post a thread about things you see on a motorcycle that make you go, hmmmmm. The original post was about the Goldwing rider I saw who was wearing one of those Nazi helmet brain buckets. It just doesn't work. You can't look like a badass rebel on a Goldwing, regardless of how hard you try. I know, I now ride a Wing.

I was researching license plates for the Wing and came across this. I understand where there may be riders with limitations that still ride with the assistance of special controls and more power to them. But blind? Hmmmmm.

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm
Reply #1 - 01/28/15 at 08:09:51

Okay, a trike IS a Motorcycle, legally,, but BLIND?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 01/28/15 at 08:32:36

Yep....I often wonder why the drive up ATM machine has brail on the the keypad (I suppose the keypad is universal and could be used at walk up locations).

I did see this sign at the hotel at Colonial Williamsburg.

stanley.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 01/28/15 at 08:40:07

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 01/28/15 at 08:46:00

Blinky-FSO wrote on 01/28/15 at 07:20:36:
I was researching license plates for the Wing and came across this. I understand where there may be riders with limitations that still ride with the assistance of special controls and more power to them. But blind? Hmmmmm.

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/2015%5C01%5C28%5Cbikepics-2720901-full.jpg

Maybe that's why see-ing eye dogs are legal passengers... cause you really can't claim them as drivers?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 01/28/15 at 09:32:21

verslagen1 wrote on 01/28/15 at 08:40:07:

But who will be answering the millions and millions of telephone calls from Americans in need of help with their computers and other electronic devices?

You KNOW what voice to read that in.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 01/29/15 at 05:33:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/28/15 at 08:09:51:
Okay, a trike IS a Motorcycle, legally,, but BLIND?

Could be for a passenger too.
Up here in Da Nort' we use a card that you put on the dash when you park in a handicapped space. The card is issued to the handicapped person so that any vehicle they travel in can park in the reserved spots.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 01/29/15 at 11:48:50

The LAW is an ass, but a specific ass.

You can legally buy and register any legal vehicle.  A blind person can get a handicap tag plate.  Just cannot legally ride.   If you are a blinded motorcyclist what can you do?  Get your handicap plates, borrow a neighborhood kid that has a license, and ride pillion.

The handicap plate is for anyone not physically walk 100 feet without pain.  Such as I.  Which is why I ride the scooter than the Savage.

WWW   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #8 - 01/29/15 at 20:51:33

In Texas ANYONE who qualifies for disability can get the handicaped plates (or placards) regardless how far they can or can't walk

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 01/30/15 at 09:34:00

My oncologist (cancer doc) asked me if I needed a handicap placard (temp 3 year) while I was on chemo because I was so weak.
I told him no... if I walk it will keep me strong.
So the first month, we went to wally world once, we parked fairly close, but I was all wore out by the time we got to the store.
My wife went in to get me a elect cart thingie and got pushed out of the way "physically" by a guy who got the last one for his "obese" wife.
The woman was NOT so big she couldn't walk briskly from the handicap spot across to the store ( I know I watched her almost run across as I was sitting on the bench outside).
I heard my wife getting loud and then she came out looking for her phone to call the police because the guy "nudged" her out of the way.
I told her never mind.... lets just go home.... some people misuse the handicap stuff.... I've even seen some of the placards that hang from the mirror that were out of date.....and some had the dates cut off...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 20:12:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.