Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Split California Into 6 States? (Read 80 times)
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Split California Into 6 States?
07/25/14 at 18:15:57

For all you on the west coast....

Silicon Valley’s Plan to Split California Into 6 States Just Might Succeed | W I R E D
www.wired.com/2014/07/silicon-valleys-plan-to-split-california-into-6-states-...

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Re: Split California Into 6 States?
Reply #1 - 07/25/14 at 20:19:40

If I were in the rural/agricultural areas of California, I would welcome the chance to get out from under rule of urban southern California. Two completely different cultures.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 07/26/14 at 08:24:57

bobert_FSO wrote on 07/25/14 at 20:19:40:
If I were in the rural/agricultural areas of California, I would welcome the chance to get out from under rule of urban southern California. Two completely different cultures.

Same deal here in New York. The western part of the state and the North Eastern corner - North of rt.90 all the way to Canada- are different worlds from the sinkhole around NYC and Albany. Unfortunately the aforementioned sinkhole drives the politics for the whole state.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #3 - 07/30/14 at 10:43:35

I stand to be corrected, but it seems to me that the three South-central areas color coded in orange, red and green correspond to the Greater LAX area, the Greated San Diego area, and the Central Valley.

Areas where 50% of the population is more or less of Mexican origin, so Spanish is spoken more often than English.

Again, I may be wrong... but just like Creole French is typical of New Orleans... it may make sense to have California divided into two, not more, entities.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 07/31/14 at 18:46:36

Sure, that will work also,
Just get loose the,  SUCKING   Liberals,
who want to TAKE,  Everything, AWAY,
from people who, PAID  for it.

Why do  I, in Minn, have to PAY  for the Ultra Liberals,
In Calf, who, ’think’, EVERYONE, gets a   FREE RIDE,
without, PAYING for it..

Gee  I,  ‘Want  A New Motorcycle”,
California, you will PAY for it,  Right ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 08/01/14 at 20:40:21

MnSpring wrote on 07/31/14 at 18:46:36:
Sure, that will work also,
Just get loose the,  SUCKING   Liberals,
who want to TAKE,  Everything, AWAY,
from people who, PAID  for it.

Why do  I, in Minn, have to PAY  for the Ultra Liberals,
In Calf, who, ’think’, EVERYONE, gets a   FREE RIDE,
without, PAYING for it..

Gee  I,  ‘Want  A New Motorcycle”,
California, you will PAY for it,  Right ?

No,you might hurt yourself.. Besides,you're not an illegal alien,suffering from gender confusion or an unwed mother,so,if you want it,you can pay for it with what money they don't take from you to care for all those previously mentioned.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/02/14 at 06:55:42

mpescatori wrote on 07/30/14 at 10:43:35:
I stand to be corrected, but it seems to me that the three South-central areas color coded in orange, red and green correspond to the Greater LAX area, the Greated San Diego area, and the Central Valley.

Areas where 50% of the population is more or less of Mexican origin, so Spanish is spoken more often than English.

Again, I may be wrong... but just like Creole French is typical of New Orleans... it may make sense to have California divided into two, not more, entities.

My company has a manufacturing plant in the Central Valley so I've been there often. It is similar, not quite the same, but similar to the Midwest farming areas. For the most part; conservative thinking dominates. Conservative for California is not the same as Conservative for Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska or Kansas for example but it's certainly vastly different than what dominates Sacramento....

But the whole thing will never happen. CA delivers delegates for the Dems in national elections and they really don't care what happens to the blacks and latinos out there just so long as the populated areas vote D and San Fran stays part of the looney left. Splitting CA into 6 states might give 6 to 8 Republican Senators and since shortly after the Civil War; US Senators are national, not state, figures.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:03:19

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Split California Into 6 States?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.