Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I've got that Laurentide feelin' (Read 44 times)
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
I've got that Laurentide feelin'
07/10/14 at 19:01:09

As far as I'm concerned, we're still in the Pleistocene, with the Holocene being just another short interglacial period, and I'm guessing these "polar vortex" weather patterns, such as the heavy duty cold snap they're predicting for the middle of July, are similar to those seen 110,000 BP and 200,000 BP, preceding the last two ice-ages.

I suppose my Savage and cattle herd will be able to outrun the return of the re-assertive Laurentide ice sheet.  Any good grass pasture further south of here? I'd hate for them to be flash-frozen with fresh grazin's still in their digestive systems like those Mastodons they've found.

Seriously, I think the next couple winters are going to be brutal. Back before the record setting Blizzard of '78, 1976 and 1977 winters were also pretty brutal, if you look at the weather records. What will the winter of 2016 be like?

Who knows? Maybe we'll all burn in hell like Obama and Al Gore predict. Anyway, we farm boys are always in a twist about the weather, on way t'ur'nuther.  Grin

Poor man’s polar vortex to make shocking summer return in eastern U.S. next week
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/07/10/poor-mans-pol...

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: I've got that Laurentide feelin'
Reply #1 - 07/11/14 at 07:05:15

Not sure if your really into this kind of thing... I didn't think I was till I started watching this channel ...now I watch nearly every single day as a morning ritual..

https://www.youtube.com/user/Suspicious0bservers

The official web site is:
http://www.suspicious0bservers.org/

I have been watching this for over 2 years now.

As to your cows and pasture remark... I think i commented how on a long motorcycle ride i noticed how our pastures have filled up more than I have seen in decades. This spring as been fantastic ( for pasture) Not so much for corn. With the southwestern drought and higher beef and pork prices (expected) MS is ramping up to meet the demand. No you don't hear about it.. but I tell you, someone is filling up those once empty pastures!
I don't wish anyone ill will, and bad weather is bad for everyone... but... its kinda nice that MS is getting some great growing weather ( seemingly as CA expense). In the past I felt like CA farmers got to double dip. First they got cheap water piped to them ... so no matter the weather they had great crops.. then they got extra price support ( dairy).. due to location. Down here, it was all about the weather.. which  when it sucked put farmers under and when it was good ... just broke even. But if your borrowed ( and everyone had to) there wasn't enough from the good years to pay for the bad.

(father in law lost his dairy farm in 2006, 300 milking)

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: I've got that Laurentide feelin'
Reply #2 - 07/11/14 at 12:36:36

summer isn't a month old yet
more to come me thinks

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:43:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I've got that Laurentide feelin'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.