Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread (Read 1497 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread
Reply #15 - 07/18/14 at 06:35:00

Folks, don't wait on me -- on this second trip I will be a responder, not a primary planner.

One of you guys lay out a set of proposed dates and let's see what can fly.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 07/23/14 at 07:56:32

OK...I have a couple of really intense weeks here at work.  I could go any weekend starting August 15th and beyond.  If we stayed on a Friday/Saturday nights....I could leave Thursday evening and camp overnight in my trailer - and be at the Dragon for an all day ride on Friday.

The weather for August and September looks to be just a bit drier than the July period that we usually ride.

Anybody ready to pick a date?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 07/23/14 at 08:28:47

So we talking about a Friday arrival and a Sunday departure.   I'll check my wife's calendar .  Wink

The dragon has a lot going on during the weekends , (its allways a SHOW)  Grin

Summer_2012_017_001.JPG

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 07/23/14 at 08:40:33

Yep, I was planning on making the drive down on Thursday night - so I can ride all day on Friday.  I can just sleep in my trailer anywhere, and use the Dragon Inn public restroom to shave and/or shower.  If the weather gets iffy - there is no reason we could not change the weekend as I don't think they have any big penalties for changing weekends for folks that are tent camping.

Yep, the Dragon Inn is a circus - but once in a while it is fun to go to the Circus and see the "Clowns".  

On Friday, August 22nd is the 9th "Fiddies" race - evidently they set up a small track and race 50cc motorcycles around the parking lot.  If we went that weekend.....it looks like it would be tough to get in and out of the camping area while the race is going on.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #19 - 07/23/14 at 12:48:22

We might be enjoying the show so much we might not want to get out of the parking lot ? Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 07/23/14 at 13:00:30

MMRanch wrote on 07/23/14 at 12:48:22:
We might be enjoying the show so much we might not want to get out of the parking lot ? Grin

Well, it might work out fine.  I looked at the 'Fiddies" website, and the race is actually on Saturday, August 23rd at 8:00 PM.  We would already have our camp set up, and we could most likely get our bikes parked somewhere.  It might just be a fun thing to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euriwtkZBFo

Anybody want to start planning the weekend for August 22, 23 & 24th?

Dave

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 07/24/14 at 04:29:18

Well the long range weather forecast looks great for the 22nd weekend, looks good for the 29th weekend too.  It really doesn't make any difference to me which weekend....as long as the weather is good.  It would be nice to have the flexibility to check the weather forecast on Wednesday night....and then either "go or no go" on Thursday night in case the weekend turns out to be a mostly wet one.  Occasional rain showers I can deal with - all day rains and I would rather stay home and go the following weekend.

Let's see what MM has to say.....or anyone else that would be interested in going is welcome to come.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=8/01/2014

Dave  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 07/24/14 at 13:35:38

Well   Huh

The weekend of the 22nd is the State Rally of CMA for TN.  We are meeting at Montgomery Bell State Park (Ya'll come),   its $11.oo / night and includes showers and such.  

So

The weekend of the 29th works best for me at the Dragon campground.   I'll bring a 7'x7' two man tent (same one I brought befor).   Its a nice tent but I cant stand-up in it , it does have doors on both end and storage area on both ends.   I'd like to get a stand-up-in-it  tent , but haven't done it yet.    I think the wife might do some of these rides with me if there was room for a cot in the tent ?  Roll Eyes

I've got it penciled-in on the calendar   Smiley    Is everybody else missing out ?  Roll Eyes

Local CMA group

july_14_14_001.jpg

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 07/24/14 at 19:47:47

I am bringing my bike down on a trailer.....so packing an extra cot in the car for the Wifey' would be really easy.

I have my rear wheel repaired, and tonight I just mounted my new skinnier tires that are the correct width for the rims.  Tomorrow I will go for a ride and see if it handles better?

Dave

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #24 - 07/24/14 at 21:16:29

Odds are REALLY SLIM of my wife ridding for more than One Hour at a time, and even slimmer of her going on a Dragon run .   Tongue
She'll most likely go visit her mom while I take a "Three-Day-Cruise"

If our son was gone for the weekend , she might do something like a Natchez Trace ride with a campground overnighter .   But dinner wouldn't be on the campfire !    it would have to part of the plan going in --- somewhere that really sounded good.  Wink  

Dave ,
One time I put a narrow tire on the rear of my Yamaha RD250 , It didn't work out too good.   It drifted on the corners too much , was a little scarry best I remember !  Embarrassed  So be really careful with it , at least at first.  
I went from a 150/80Dunlap to a 140/90 Commander II on the back of the harley and you've seen how much it drifts when it's bent-over --But -- I think it worked out to be a better match to the front 100/90Commander II , (and it's taller too). Smiley .    It also seems the Michelin Commander II tire is "Big" for its size tire.   The 140/90 Commander II  and 100/90 is the same combo I'm running on the S-40.  Speedometer is off about 7 or 8 % on the low side of ground speed now.

OldFeller
If you'd rather get a room instead of cot in a tent thats OK.   Cool   It doesn't madder to much to me.   The weather might be cool enough to use a heater instead of an AC.  (higher elevation + late August) ?  Think I'll bring a real jacket just in case!  Huh

Sounds like I'm bring the S-40 out for a ride !  Smiley  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #25 - 07/25/14 at 08:15:45

It was always my intent that this 2nd summer adventure was going to be a Dragon Inn event.....in the camping area...right in the middle of the circus.  The camping part would allow us to cancel without any penalties, and postpone the trip a week or two if the weather was crappy.  I don't mind changing the tent for a room - but I was hoping to stay at the "Inn".

We can ride the Dragon in/out of the area on our way to/from all the other rides, and watch the show along the way.

Dave  

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #26 - 07/25/14 at 08:54:19

This sounds really kinda petty, but after trying to book a room with the Dragon Lodge today their comments dug up all those memories of all those years of the screwing around me and Lancer took over the room costs for this and that ....

Heck it is petty --- the place has been sold twice since we started staying there but the screw-overs for weekend room charges for their various rules stuff have never really changed any at all.    When you check out, they slap it to you.  Last time they clipped Lancer for over $60 and I vowed I'd never stay there again it made me so mad.

Camping at the Dragon Lodge ....  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #27 - 07/25/14 at 10:55:52

OldFeller

Bring a cot to sleep on ...  Wink  , so ya don't have to sleep on the ground, and I'll bring ya a tent all to yourself  or   Dave would probably let y borrow his trailer ?  Cheesy

You don't even have to walk to the shower room .   There is a parking area at the shower house on top the hill behind the campground.    

Seems like some company would make a "Cot - Tent" combo thingie ?
Store your gear under the cot and have a roof over your head all in a neat / carryable type package.  Tongue

I never liked dealing with those reservations anyway !

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #28 - 07/25/14 at 14:56:42

Thanks MM,

As always, you are a very nice person (see, I told your wife that too).

The Dragon circus doesn't hold the appeal for me it once did, and my zipping isn't as zippy as it used to be either.   That particular area is hard on old achy bones and good Lord knows I have a few of those.

You guys have fun and maybe we can go do a little exploring in some odd directions next year in the late spring or early summer.

=====================

PS, on a whimsy I gave Big Zuk a call on his cell phone -- the cell number goes to somebody else now.   Called his house phone -- he has the answering machine turned on to answer on the first ring, so I left him a few calls to see if he wanted to talk to any of us.    

No reply as of yet.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #29 - 07/25/14 at 20:44:28

There was a time in my life when my bones (and most other parts) hurt in a big way most of the time.   Now I can "Not do" those things that brings the suffering on.   I know it can wear on a person and change one's personality in a way thats not good for the heart or soul.  

So

If your bones are hurting then don't push-em !  

Remember how this 2nd ride got started ... we're going to collect Dave's  "PERTY BIKE OF THE WEEK AWARD" , and sneak a Dragon ride in while we're there.    So  show-up for  a Day ride then go home ... We'll only follow ya if you promise to make dinner !  Grin

Heck ! If you make dinner ain't no telling who might show up ?? Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 03:08:25

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.