Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone Heading to Barber Vintage Festival ? (Read 49 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Anyone Heading to Barber Vintage Festival ?
09/18/14 at 12:10:38

October 10 to 12, Birmingham Al.
Tenth anniversary year. Would be cool to meet-up fellow savage owners/forum members. Cheesy
http://www.barbervintagefestival.org/

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Anyone Heading to Barber Vintage Festival ?
Reply #1 - 09/23/14 at 07:01:05

That's about 4.5 hours from here... might do it.... have yet to drive the bike with extended pegs for more than 25 minutes.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 09/23/14 at 07:06:48

That's 1.5 hours from me. Would be interested in meeting up with some folks one afternoon but I don't think I can drive the bike the whole way (might have to unload it around the corner and cruise in the last 1/2 mile  Sad).  Made a deal with the wife that I wouldn't make a habit of riding on the super slab and those people on HWY 280 between here and there are complete idiots.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 09/23/14 at 08:06:33

That is a 7 hour trip...and my wife is recovering from foot surgery.  I am pretty sure I can't leave and let her hobble around without me for the weekend....or for any extended period for the next 6 weeks.

For the rest of the fall riding season.....I am going to be restricted to local rides!

« Last Edit: 09/24/14 at 03:27:32 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 09/23/14 at 20:16:44

There is also the Panama Beach event on Oct. 1-5th

http://thunderbeachproductions.com/

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #5 - 09/23/14 at 23:09:45

woildn't worry about riding in, I'm flying in from Vancouver via Seattle to Nashville, driving from there.
3rd time in 4 years, missed last year due to WSBK at Laguna seca. Yes, I'm retired! lol
Never paid a lot of attention to the swap meet before, but that was before I got an S40.
Now looking for a tank, CR seat, and anything else I can squirrel away in my luggage!
If you haven't seen the museum before, it alone is worth the trip, followed by the paddock full of vintage race machinery, mmmmmmmvintage racers Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #6 - 09/24/14 at 06:47:13

I'll have to see if I can make it and what day might look viable.  Never been and have heard it is worth a visit.  

Heck, if I can make it and you buy a truck load of goodies, I'd be glad to carry them back home to Auburn and package them up and ship them to you at shipping cost. Have plenty of boxes, paper, and tape from moving earlier this year  Cheesy

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #7 - 09/24/14 at 09:52:09

Thanks. you can see snippets of the show on youtube.  700 vintage bikes from all over the world, and he's got another 1000 in storage!
The guy that owns the place, George Barber, his family once owned Alabama's largest commercial dairy for approx 100 years, sold out to Dean Foods a few years ago.  The museum and racetrack must have cost him in excess of $100 mill. Not to mention all the bikes!!  If you have the time, it's worth the trip. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 01:42:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Anyone Heading to Barber Vintage Festival ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.