Bowe Berghdahl (Read 250 times)
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: Bowe Berghdahl
Reply #15 - 06/05/14 at 01:55:13

"The future of soldiers.. is in front of a screen...
I'm all for any technology that makes war faster, cleaner, with less friendly fire and non-combatant, death and bleeding...
"

When you shoot from a screen, you get the "Playstation syndrome" - i.e., no morality, no common sense, no "wait a minute, what am I doing?" second thoughts.

It's just "shoot'em up and get a higher score than my buddy".

Who are the victims ? Not enemy drones, let me tell you.
It's not going to be a "starwars dogfight" but  indirect target shooting.
So... who will be the real victims ? Would you like a second guess ?

http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2014/05/23/most-us-drone-strikes-in-paki...
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid... Deaths from drone attacks much higher than reported
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_attacks_in_Pakistan

Do your math: of 482 declared estimated deaths, 6 certified Al-Qaeda leaders,
265 "small fry" (men, not combatants, just men) ... and 211 civilians (women and children) guilty of... just living there...  Lips Sealed

Excerpt from a study conducted by Stanford University.
Unfortunately... you can't even get married anymore !!!

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/news/investigations/yemenis-drone-strike-turned-wedd...

"The Obama administration has launched an internal investigation into a Dec. 12 drone strike in Yemen that targeted an al Qaeda militant
but which local villagers say ended up hitting a wedding party, killing 12 and injuring 14 others, U.S. officials tell NBC News.

NBC News has obtained exclusive videos and photos taken in the aftermath of the strike.
The graphic images show the scorched bodies of young men who villagers say were part of a convoy on their way to the wedding celebration
when they were killed in their pickups by two Hellfire missiles fired by a U.S. drone.
"

Of course, the US-led inquiry was conducted in the US and nobody was ever asked nor required to compensate the families ...
Roll Eyes

It reminds me of "liberating" carpet bombings during WW2:
in order to destroy one railroad terminal, let's claim a few thousand lives...

These are pictures of "liberation bombings" in Rome, courtesy of ... you guessed it...  Lips Sealed
In 90 minutes, over 4000 bombs were dropped, and casualties ran over 11000, but only 1674 were identified.

You wouldn't even heed the Pope's begging for mercy.

Of course, what's a 2500 y.o. neighborhood with churches dating back to the days of Costantine,
when the target is a 19th Century railroad terminal you could have rendered just as inoperative with a Team from the OSS ?

Hey ! Fly those planes !  Embarrassed

So ... my message is... avoid a generation of Playstation pilots and Nintendo warriors... life is more than just a videogame  Undecided

And please pardon my irony, but Italy still carries the scars from bombings which happened 70 years ago
(and we still dig up unexploded ordnance...)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 06/05/14 at 06:48:57

If Bush did it,.. it would have been genius... but, it's evil that Obama uses drones...

No, this is a big difference between Republicans/Conservatives and Democrats/Liberal. Conservatives will very strongly and publically attack on of their own who strays off the path as was done to Bush over his uselss education bill with Ted Kennedy and the prescription drug benefit add on to Medicare. Liberals will close ranks and support their own regardless. If Clinton were a Republican, there would have never been an impeachment because he would have been forced to resign. Sorry, but if you do what would get any college professor fired, you give up your right to be President.

I suspect Berghdahl has some serious esplainin' to do...
...but,.. ultimately.. the loose ends of a messy war are a messy thing to deal with...

I agree it’s messy. I also feel bad for the kid and his parents. He made a stupid, stupid decision and the more I hear his father talk, I see where he got his stupid attitude from. But…. And this is a big but, sometimes you pay for you mistakes for a long, long time. If this ‘kid’ had gotten drunk and ran over a bus full of school kids, he’s in jail for life. In this case, he deserted and ran off to find the enemy;  foolishly drinking the liberal KoolAid that the US is evil and the cause of this war to begin with. Big mistake, but not only did a few soliders die looking for him, we gave them 5 bad guys back and an incentive to do this again. Hopey-Change won’t have to deal with that however, it will be the next guy’s problem and if he’s got an R by his name, you’ll change your tune. Sorry, but the kid should have sat there and faced his fate. once he deserted, he was no longer a solider. Oh, and don't call him Sargent, he's a PFC. He was promoted strictly on a time schedule while his new buddies made movies with him.

Just like what Columbine did to mass shootings...
9/11 created a paradigm shift in the nature of war...
We attacked 2 nations, based on the actions of a radical band of renegades...

You’re memory is a bit fuzzy there Sew….. The Taliban basically had control of Afghanistan. Remember the two big statues they blew up because they were offended by them; they owned Afghanistan. It’s why Bin Laden and company had free reign, the governmet was on their side.  

If it were to be accurately focused to a nation, we would have attacked Saudi Arabia...
... but they are our "frenemy"...

Attacking Saudi Arabia would have been an example of ‘attacking a nation based on actions of a radical band…

Now, if it turns out Obama had these guys infected with Small pox and they end up wiping out half the Taliban commanders, sweet! Put Hopey Change on Mt. Rushmore!

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/05/14 at 15:45:00

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #18 - 06/06/14 at 00:18:00

OUCH ! You have a point !

Also... sorry for hijacking the thread...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #19 - 06/06/14 at 06:48:38

WebsterMark wrote on 06/05/14 at 06:48:57:
If Bush did it,.. it would have been genius... but, it's evil that Obama uses drones...

No, this is a big difference between Republicans/Conservatives and Democrats/Liberal. Conservatives will very strongly and publically attack on of their own who strays off the path as was done to Bush over his uselss education bill with Ted Kennedy and the prescription drug benefit add on to Medicare. Liberals will close ranks and support their own regardless. If Clinton were a Republican, there would have never been an impeachment because he would have been forced to resign. Sorry, but if you do what would get any college professor fired, you give up your right to be President.

I suspect Berghdahl has some serious esplainin' to do...
...but,.. ultimately.. the loose ends of a messy war are a messy thing to deal with...

I agree it’s messy. I also feel bad for the kid and his parents. He made a stupid, stupid decision and the more I hear his father talk, I see where he got his stupid attitude from. But…. And this is a big but, sometimes you pay for you mistakes for a long, long time. If this ‘kid’ had gotten drunk and ran over a bus full of school kids, he’s in jail for life. In this case, he deserted and ran off to find the enemy;  foolishly drinking the liberal KoolAid that the US is evil and the cause of this war to begin with. Big mistake, but not only did a few soliders die looking for him, we gave them 5 bad guys back and an incentive to do this again. Hopey-Change won’t have to deal with that however, it will be the next guy’s problem and if he’s got an R by his name, you’ll change your tune. Sorry, but the kid should have sat there and faced his fate. once he deserted, he was no longer a solider. Oh, and don't call him Sargent, he's a PFC. He was promoted strictly on a time schedule while his new buddies made movies with him.

Just like what Columbine did to mass shootings...
9/11 created a paradigm shift in the nature of war...
We attacked 2 nations, based on the actions of a radical band of renegades...

You’re memory is a bit fuzzy there Sew….. The Taliban basically had control of Afghanistan. Remember the two big statues they blew up because they were offended by them; they owned Afghanistan. It’s why Bin Laden and company had free reign, the governmet was on their side.  

If it were to be accurately focused to a nation, we would have attacked Saudi Arabia...
... but they are our "frenemy"...

Attacking Saudi Arabia would have been an example of ‘attacking a nation based on actions of a radical band…

Now, if it turns out Obama had these guys infected with Small pox and they end up wiping out half the Taliban commanders, sweet! Put Hopey Change on Mt. Rushmore!

You still believe that the Republicans and Democrats are different…..BS!!!!!

They both are going in the same direction and no matter which is placed in top position by the hacked voting machines, and corporations,  the final destination remains the same.  They both will start the same wars. Death and destruction will be their answer as long as their personal wealth increases and increase it will……..that’s why they invest fortunes for a job that pays less than what they inve$t……But people like yourself seem to be satisfied with this system because there are  2 parties….so there will always be one party to blame……after all you go to church and they tell you that Rambo Jesus and his imaginary daddy in the sky are on your side……because the U.S. is the good guys……that is what we “learned” …..were programed to believe in the government controlled schools and from watching all the “programing“on the propaganda TV.

The governments strong-arm military recruits young folks with glamorous lies. We join thinking we are the good guys and will save helpless poor people from their evil villain leaders. We believe that we are going to fight the bad guys over there so they won't come over here and take your freedom to remain ignorant away from you. We join with good intentions. We go off to battlegrounds and kill, die, get wounds that stay with us for life, and watch our friends get killed. We soon realize that those we fight are defending their homeland and really didn't want or need our assistance. We realize that our purpose was not in reality to assist the down trodden oppressed after all. Our purpose was in reality to assist the elite wealthy gain control/steal valuable resources and increase their wealth. We soon realize that we were duped.
………well maybe that this soldier woke up to the truth and said phuck it….I’m out of here. If that’s the case…. I wish him the best. He certainly will need it as he will be made to pay for the sins of a country gone bad. The Cheneys. Bushs, Soetoros will walk free for their crimes that placed this hapless soul in harm’s way and told him to kill other humans for their greed.

If we don’t do our best to wake up our fellow countrymen to the fact that the people pretending to be the government that George Washington and his fellow founders created are rotten to the core and are enemies to the United States Constitution and all that is good….. then we will continue to slide into a tyrannical hellhole until even people such as yourself finally get it…..By then it will be too late!

« Last Edit: 06/06/14 at 10:29:23 by RatdogWillie »  

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 06/06/14 at 17:10:31

Yes the two parties are vastly different. Are both populated with crooked and corrupt politicians? Yes of course they are. But ideology matters.

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #21 - 06/06/14 at 18:22:50

WebsterMark wrote on 06/06/14 at 17:10:31:
But ideology matters.

WHY?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 06/07/14 at 20:41:29

Why what? Why does ideology matter? Are you asking that question as it's written or are you angling for something else?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 06/07/14 at 22:00:16

STATED Ideology is one thing,, in practice, theres not a dimes worth of difference between bubs & dems,, Look at the wars,, mite as well be Bush in there..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 06/08/14 at 05:47:09

Nonsense...... You think if Gores election scam lawsuit had succeeded and he was President on 9/11 there wouldn't be a difference? You think Romney makes the same moves as Hopey-change the past 6 miserable years? Hardly. Of course there's a difference. (And please don't star the whole thing's run by a small group  who coordinate every major event blah blah blah....)

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #25 - 06/08/14 at 06:20:22

WebsterMark wrote on 06/07/14 at 20:41:29:
Why what? Why does ideology matter? Are you asking that question as it's written or are you angling for something else?

I am asking a question. Why does is ideology so important?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 06/08/14 at 08:14:15

Why do you believe Obama sudenly became the dem choice over Hillary?
The bubs ran a lame horse,, no way would bammy lose.. One day, youll see Im right,,Its a game, we arent players, we are pawns.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #27 - 06/08/14 at 08:15:51

Ideology........

It is nothing more than a sales pitch.

I understand the process of analyzing a problem, arriving at a solution based upon ones experience, and understanding, which might be termed ideology
However, using only that, in trying to reach a solution makes one an ideologue, which narrows the possibilities to a fix, based upon what the person is willing to consider in finding a possible solution.

Why is it used to campaign, because approx 80% on the voters vote strict party lines, regardless of the candidate itself, to appeal to their narrow mindset (ideology).

This reasoning retards new, and novel leaders, keeping the US stuck in a quagmire that is dragging us down as a nation, and individually as unique citizens too.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #28 - 06/08/14 at 08:31:05

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/08/14 at 08:14:15:
Why do you believe Obama sudenly became the dem choice over Hillary?
The bubs ran a lame horse,, no way would bammy lose.. One day, youll see Im right,,Its a game, we arent players, we are pawns.

You're right......

I was in a flux myself.
As with the Bush & Co burnout, I had a Clinton & Co burnout.....
I bought the historical implications of electing the first Black president, hoping it would build a bridge, etc.

I was very dismayed when the WH became the headquarters for the NAACP, as Obama seemed to want to chime in on that more than other matters.

His arrogance and poor leadership removed any chance on another vote by me for a second term.
But sadly, I had no real viable choice otherwise.....

The ideological mindset is killing the very soul of this nation, the extremes on either side are squeezing the life out of the middle.
The "middle class", that is.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 06/08/14 at 09:10:31

His arrogance and poor leadership removed any chance on another vote by me for a second term.

Face it, you know you became a racist AFTER you voted for him,,Racism is the only explanation for criticizing him,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 02:22:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Bowe Berghdahl

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.