with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
snowden
05/28/14 at 21:07:36

what's your take?
I just watched the  nbc interview with him
blew me away he's a hs drop out..

I'd like to know exactly what "secrets" he gave away

russia's role in this seems a lot more transparent now that my wifey explained the screw you factor..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: snowden
Reply #1 - 05/28/14 at 23:01:21

...HS dropout?... that's just scary...
He had a point,... that we already knew...
Sure,.. 9/11 happened, terrorism is real,... NSA happened... now Big Brother is watching...
This ain't news...

Dude's just a bit snarky...
... and he's more a self promoter than a patriot...
JMHO...  he's a traitor... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 05/29/14 at 07:09:17

I don't see him as a traitor, but a simple person who saw things he believed were WRONG and decided to use his position to let EVERYONE know what was going on.

Washington as shown by Kerry, are only pissed because WASHINGTON got a black eye. The secrets were NOTHING (in terms of damage).. except embarrassing. The most damaging thing he did was to force the powers such as NSA to tiptoe around Washington, instead of bully it into submission ... something they have done since G H Bush ( aka former head of the CIA).  Sadly I cannot think of or name a single Washington politician that has not shown evidence of having a "visit" with the NSA and then suddenly deciding that 911 terrors are around every corner and that no freedom.. no liberty is too sacred to remove from the american citizen in order to fortify the security of the government.
Further.. such measures .. the draconian removeal of freedoms from the general populace are NOT to protect THEM... but ONLY to protect manifestations of the government itself.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 05/29/14 at 09:06:38

You can't deny that he knows something we don't.
And knowing that, he choose to be in another country before he disclosed the eavesdropping/wiretapping issue.

No, I don't like that he tipped off every criminal to that fact.
It may not be a well known fact that any phone can be traced/tapped,
But it has been portrayed in many films already that it should be.
But the fact that Uncle Sinister Sam can watch all phones at the same time is (really impressive if you think about it) beyond comprehension.
And the 'oh no we don't do it to Americans' cop out is really impressive too, not only can they track/bug all phones, but they immediately know good/bad too... and we don't track/bug good guys unless they are talking to bad guys... yeah right.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 05/29/14 at 09:18:14

If they're reading my e-mails... they're only doing it to cure their insomnia...
Grin Grin Grin...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 05/29/14 at 09:48:16

Serowbot wrote on 05/29/14 at 09:18:14:
If they're reading my e-mails... they're only doing it to cure their insomnia...
Grin Grin Grin...

I'm sure they're acquainted with you... and they're reading them backwards with great interest.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #6 - 05/29/14 at 10:05:44

I don't think he gave up any big secrets internationally, and domestically I think we've all known how "snoopy" uncle sam is..

so I don't see him as a traitor, maybe a coward for not staying in the states and blow the whistle..

on the other hand uncle sam has already stated they want to lock him up.
I would have told folks close to me and leave it at that  Lips Sealed

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 05/29/14 at 15:46:44

When the revelations came forward, the establishment hedged bets and lost.  No we aren't doing anything of that nature.  That one fella even lied to congress under oath.  Then congress asked what about our phones and e-mail?  Yes yours too.   Shocked

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #8 - 05/29/14 at 18:52:27

If you check the history of whistle blowers, you'll find they are protected  all the way to the gallows.

The truth seems to be that the Government feels it needs to trample anybody's rights in order to protect us (really itself).  If you look at the numbers, 3,000 died on 9/11 while many more die each year due to gun shots , or automobile accidents.  That being said, if you read the Presidential briefing book every morning, you sometimes wonder how little actually has happened to us.  It is a depressing book to read. Wink

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #9 - 05/30/14 at 07:12:03

shorty wrote on 05/29/14 at 10:05:44:
I don't think he gave up any big secrets internationally, and domestically I think we've all known how "snoopy" uncle sam is..

so I don't see him as a traitor, maybe a coward for not staying in the states and blow the whistle..

on the other hand uncle sam has already stated they want to lock him up.
I would have told folks close to me and leave it at that  Lips Sealed

Just a comment on that ( highlighted in yellow) Staying in the states would NOT be a smart move given the NDAA... yeah remember that one??? You see the NDAA allows the military to pick up and secret away ANYONE connected with Terrorism. There are NO charges, NO court, NO trial.. and NO limit to how long one can be detained.

Indeed - America home of the NEW oubliette.

An oubliette (from the French oubliette, literally "forgotten place") was a form of dungeon which was accessible only from a hatch in a high ceiling. The word comes from the same root as the French oublier, "to forget", as it was used for those prisoners the captors wished to forget.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 05/30/14 at 08:08:18

Im still trying to wrap my head around the whole affair. He recently admitted he is a spy..
Telling us where the goobs are breaking the law & doing things To US is never treason,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 05/30/14 at 09:26:47

He has asylum in Russia... they ain't keeping him, 'cause he's a good, patriotic, American... Undecided...
So, what do you imagine, are they are getting out of it?... Huh...

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #12 - 05/30/14 at 09:43:03

Pine reminded me of the NDAA which I'm trying to forget..

I would surely hope as a citizen of these United States a whistle blower would get a fair trial with a jury of his peers..

anything less would mean a severe breakdown in our judicial system

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 05/30/14 at 10:09:42

Serowbot wrote on 05/30/14 at 09:26:47:
He has asylum in Russia... they ain't keeping him, 'cause he's a good, patriotic, American... Undecided...
So, what do you imagine, are they are getting out of it?... Huh...

You ask a good ? there. Ive seen a Snowden remark that was shockingly critical of Russian policy,,dang if I didnt forget what it was..Hard to know whats a psy-op & whats real. One thing is certain, he NEEDED somewhere to be. What kinda deal did he hafta make to be allowed to stay? Man, I dont like to think what he may be trading for his rent, Too bad our goobs are so dangerous, he coulda stayed here if not for the NDAA & the potential for a car wreck or heart attack & the myriad other things that could happen to someone who exposes criminal acts by the powers that be,

All that said, lets dont lose sight of his recent statements.. He IS more than just some low level analyst,,he has worked for several agencies & is trained as a spy, so, what to believe?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 05/30/14 at 11:10:33

I think it's an excellent question.
Best theory I've heard all month.

Let's put a spin on it, shall we?
1)
Russia makes a move.
US gets uppity.
Putin uses that intel to make them settle down.

2)
Russia waits for a real good indicator of a civil uprising.
Released intel and throws gasoline on the fire.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 23:53:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › snowden

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.