Send Topic Print
North Country (Read 878 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: North Country
Reply #60 - 05/13/14 at 05:25:21

I bought my S40 brand new, found this site and made a few changes that made it much better. I have a BMW now, but I gotta tell you, the technical wisdom and know how from the people on here about how to work on this bike is equal to if not greater than what I've seen on the BMW sites.

Regarding ms. Nc, I hear a song from the recently departed Lou Reed in the background.....

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #61 - 05/13/14 at 05:55:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/12/14 at 07:12:43:
Ive been quite amazed by the fact NC never posts about a bike. How on Earth did she find this place? Itsa biggo innerweb, & finding the Suzuki Savage website doesnt just happen,, ya gotsta go LOOKIN for Suzuki Savage stuff,, I dont care if NC has a beard, or is a troll.. someone has to offer real thinking to whatever it is.

LOL, JOG..

I said the same thing, nobody joins without a bike question.
We have a common internet troll that sits naked @ the keyboard eating Cheetos.. but it's not a lady.. I showed my wife some posts and she instantly responded: "that's a man"

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #62 - 05/13/14 at 23:24:44

Please tell me you can't reproduce.

North Country Girl   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #63 - 05/14/14 at 00:34:47

mpescatori wrote on 05/13/14 at 00:41:02:
From all the posts I have read, North Country's extreme (and I repeat, "extreme") courteousness is ... borderline to sarcastic.

I have yet to find a quip, a joke, a wisecrack.

Quite the opposite, "she" is so extremely courteous and logical, I wouldn't be surprised if "she" turned out to be a beta version of an android, and "we" are the test bed.

OR

It's "somebody" (whoever, I don't care who) who was given electroshock as a psychiatric therapy and is now lobotomized into an extremely courteous approach to people.

It simply doesn't add up.

And... "her" Savage runs properly and doesn't need anything... ah, yah, right, not even her petcock running on E-10 needs attention.
No questions on how to make her rear suspension softer or the bike from popping and barking on shutoff and shutdown.

No questions on better tires, brake pads that won't squeal in the summer heat, or failure to start after a few days sitting in the garage.

Smells fishy to me ...  Huh

Perfect Savages, while rare, have happened a few times. Then they get ridden and fall apart like the rest of them.  Wink Grin

Any section of any forum that doesn't bow and scrape at the feet of the "Dreadful Gooberment", regardless of which party is currently "in charge", is flagged for observation. Courtesy of "El Jefe Presidente Jorge Shrub" and his "Patriot Act", it's quite common, quite open, and can be rather amusing.

I'd tell you to look in the "others" section on Stormfront, but since it is an illegal site in Italia you'd be arrested. Trust me, this forum is TAME politically.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #64 - 05/14/14 at 01:00:04

Thanks, WD. One day, I'll have to a few MC-RA-non99% related  questions  Wink

This side of the pond, "Tea Party" is for Alice and the Mad Hatter...  Grin

As for STORMFRONT, I did not know about it.

There is an it.wikipedia.org entry for it, so Iwent and read the English version, which is much more detailed.

I find "mild racism", as such, a normal component of any society and culture, and it is generally very mild among sea-faring communbities, and may be extrtemely harsh among landlocked communities.
As a clear example, see New Orleans on one side and Ozark hillbillies on the other...  Wink

I also find it extremely amusing that the leader of Stormfront is called "David"... a Jewish name ?
Huh
Roll Eyes
Cheesy

PS From the office, I cannot access "stormfront.com", and "stormfront.it" appears to be "inexistent"... but www.stormfront.org seems to work  Cool
AND
I found www.stormfront.co.uk !!!

Grin Grin Grin

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #65 - 05/14/14 at 01:11:27

shorty wrote on 05/13/14 at 05:55:59:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/12/14 at 07:12:43:
Ive been quite amazed by the fact NC never posts about a bike. How on Earth did she find this place? Itsa biggo innerweb, & finding the Suzuki Savage website doesnt just happen,, ya gotsta go LOOKIN for Suzuki Savage stuff,, I dont care if NC has a beard, or is a troll.. someone has to offer real thinking to whatever it is.

LOL, JOG..

I said the same thing, nobody joins without a bike question.
We have a common internet troll that sits naked @ the keyboard eating Cheetos.. but it's not a lady.. I showed my wife some posts and she instantly responded: "that's a man"

Uh... you mean like this ?

Grin Grin Grin

Come on, North Country, a pic of you and your bike. We've all posted ours.

Else, YOU ARE A TROLL...  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #66 - 05/14/14 at 07:43:09

Guys,..  you push to hard...

At this point, if I were North, I would be afraid to post a pic... fearing that you all would make nothing but unkind criticisms...
... and, if North is not a Savage enthusiast, and is indeed a troll... she has won...
She has you all slinging muck everywhere...

The way to win against a troll,.. is to not allow them to affect you...
All these accusations and suppositions are troll food...
Don't let a troll affect you, and it will go away.
You also are in no danger of making false accusation...

Don't feed a troll... and don't degrade a member...

Perhaps in time North will post a photo... if so, she is braver than me...
If she does,... you all better be on best behavior...
... and if she be a troll... she'll leave when you stop feeding her...

Peace,
Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #67 - 05/14/14 at 07:49:12

I dont care if she is a troll or looks like one, I dont want her to leave.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #68 - 05/14/14 at 12:55:26

mpescatori wrote on 05/14/14 at 01:00:04:
Thanks, WD. One day, I'll have to a few MC-RA-non99% related  questions  Wink

This side of the pond, "Tea Party" is for Alice and the Mad Hatter...  Grin

As for STORMFRONT, I did not know about it.

There is an it.wikipedia.org entry for it, so Iwent and read the English version, which is much more detailed.

I find "mild racism", as such, a normal component of any society and culture, and it is generally very mild among sea-faring communbities, and may be extrtemely harsh among landlocked communities.
As a clear example, see New Orleans on one side and Ozark hillbillies on the other...  Wink

I also find it extremely amusing that the leader of Stormfront is called "David"... a Jewish name ?
Huh
Roll Eyes
Cheesy

PS From the office, I cannot access "stormfront.com", and "stormfront.it" appears to be "inexistent"... but www.stormfront.org seems to work  Cool
AND
I found www.stormfront.co.uk !!!

Grin Grin Grin

David as in Duke? He's just a member, the site is owned by Don Black, another former high ranking member of the Ku Klux Klan. You'll also find Gerhard on there, head of the NSDAPAO, the true American Nazi Party. The clowns from NSM are a bunch of thugs for the most part, they take the line a bit too close to the old SA (Brown Shirts) for comfort.

I myself am an "equal opportunity bigot", I don't like anybody as a group. Couldn't join the Klan if I wanted to, I'm Pagan. Wouldn't join NSM if I had to, have no arrest record and intend to keep it that way. I grew up around a bunch of former Waffen SS enlisted/officers, met a few "real" (Black Shirt) SS enlisted/officers, was good friends with older folk who had been in the Hitler Youth (and our Boy Scout troop was modeled on that organization)... yet was also good friends with American veterans of the War, many of whom decided later in life that the USA should have kept its nose out or allied with Germany. Even General Patton said we were fighting for the wrong side... and he died within a month of saying so.

That English link is a trip...  Grin

I can't help but wonder how much better the world would be without the Wiemar Republic style entitlement mentality so many Americans and Europeans have grown accustomed to. A world where people take pride in earning what they have, not being given whatever whim takes their fancy at any given moment. A world with working social support systems designed to get you on your feet and productive, not lazing around the house squirting out babies in order to get more benefits. That crosses the color barrier, just as many lazy white breeders as there are other races, at least in this part of the world.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #69 - 05/14/14 at 13:39:51

Sorry WD.. the Boy Scouts were established well before the Hitler youth, who were actually modeled after the Boy Scouts.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #70 - 05/14/14 at 14:04:18

arteacher wrote on 05/14/14 at 13:39:51:
Sorry WD.. the Boy Scouts were established well before the Hitler youth, who were actually modeled after the Boy Scouts.

I know that. We ran our troop to H.Y. standards. Which were the original Scouting standards. Everything had to be earned, time in service requirements were followed to the letter, if you couldn't physically cut it you didn't get your merit badges or rank advancements...

The newest book we used for training was a 1968 edition Scoutmaster's Handbook. As for the ranks, we used a 1936 edition BSA handbook, belonged to my great uncle when he was a kid. And I keep a reprint of an H.Y. manual in my desk. Interesting (and entertaining) read.

I still made Eagle (highest rank) at 15... my brother and 2 cousins at 18.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #71 - 05/14/14 at 23:03:28

“Guys,..  you push to hard...

At this point, if I were North, I would be afraid to post a pic... fearing that you all would make nothing but unkind criticisms...
... and, if North is not a Savage enthusiast, and is indeed a troll... she has won...
She has you all slinging muck everywhere...

The way to win against a troll,.. is to not allow them to affect you...
All these accusations and suppositions are troll food...
Don't let a troll affect you, and it will go away.
You also are in no danger of making false accusation...

Don't feed a troll... and don't degrade a member...

Perhaps in time North will post a photo... if so, she is braver than me...
If she does,... you all better be on best behavior...
... and if she be a troll... she'll leave when you stop feeding her”...

Peace,
Serow

Forget trolls for the moment, there are no trolls here. Let’s instead talk about forum bullies. This TT is infected with forum bullies.

Everyone has brass balls on the web. By communicating through a device bullies lose any sense of empathy they might feel by reading facial expressions. They might know it is another person on the other end of a discussion, but subconsciously do not recognize it as such. Kind of like how it is hard to read the tone of someone’s words through text to say, detect sarcasm.

I don't think most of you would behave the same around a true stranger... Because in person, one always risks getting their ass kicked.

Forum bullies fully feel immune to attack. They state their opinion regardless of accuracy or consequence, knowing full well that they can always count on the support of their circle of bullies to support them and back them up. The only way a forum bully stays in business is with the consent of the other members of the forum.

Outsiders who want to participate in a forum with opposing points of view are seen as a challenge to the consensus of the group, and they do not want their version of reality challenged.

Vicious, unsupported, and outright fabricated accusations permeate comment sections here, as do vulgar abuse and name-calling. Bullies hunt in packs. There is safety and strength in numbers. They are self-appointed protectors of their version of truth and detail. They are belligerent, usually in-your-face, combative, sarcastic, cynical, and project an air of superiority.

Having said that, I can see how and why former participants here with opposing points of view have been driven off, or have elected to move on.

I have not yet been driven from here by the egregious behavior of the “good old boys” gang here, but I will be out of town for a week or so starting Sunday. This I am sure will please the lot of you as you can resume your circle-jerk of smug mutual admiration.

Love, North-Country girl Kiss

North Country Girl   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #72 - 05/15/14 at 00:55:24

Forum bullies fully feel immune to attack. They state their opinion regardless of accuracy or consequence, knowing full well that they can always count on the support of their circle of bullies to support them and back them up.

Simply a matter of " POint of view".. You believe yourself to be correct & abused by morons,, I disagree..

YOure OHH so happy to pretend you support "Scientific consensus",,

while the topic is climate..

I wonder what scientists say about WHEN human life begins..
Im betting its when the sperm & egg meet,,& the egg is fertilized, not 9 months later.,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #73 - 05/15/14 at 07:28:57

Quote:
Having said that, I can see how and why former participants here with opposing points of view have been driven off, or have elected to move on.

I have not yet been driven from here by the egregious behavior of the “good old boys” gang here, but I will be out of town for a week or so starting Sunday. This I am sure will please the lot of you as you can resume your circle-jerk of smug mutual admiration.

NC, I'm a guy BUT I also live on the other side of the Pond.

There used to be a Brit around here, who rode a Kawasaki KLR650, but he's gone, nice Forum but wrong bike.

There used to be a guy known as "Gyrobob" who posted delirious posts supporting a book "Wheat Belly", all the science we presented as fact could not convince him "a book is not science".

When I pointed out his "scientist" simply copied fair and square from a French book, he turned from propaganda to insult.

I have personally come eye-to-eye (internetwise) with one or two Forum members, that doesn't mean I will waive visiting the US if I can afford it once again.
If we happen to meet in real life, fine, we'll talk and discuss and share a beer and a steak, why not? We also promised fistfuls to each other, but as we grow old we often waive that strenuous activity to the younger generation.
Normally, those who are name-callers on the web turn out to have guts like a wet paper bag.

Of course, you are free to post your opinions.

You must convene, however, that your extreme courteousness has raised a few eyebrows, and you will have learned by now that you appeared a very short time after a rather unpleasant fellow disappeared.

1+1 = 2 very often; a mathematician will tell you 1+1 = 10 sometimes, but it is an exception, not the rule.

Go ahead and have your week off, we'll keep the TT warm for you.

PS Never mind a pic of yourself, how about a pic of your bike ?

Here's me

Here's my Savage

And this is my dark side

Now show yourself. Fully clothed, possibly...  Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #74 - 05/15/14 at 08:54:35

Hey mpes, I'm going to be on your side of the pond, in Sweden next week.
Home office has a RD lab in Trosa, down by the coast. I hear it's beautiful. Ever been to Sweden?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 05:20:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › North Country

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.