mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: The Ukraine
Reply #45 - 03/19/14 at 11:38:50

raydawg wrote on 03/19/14 at 04:00:52:
I wonder if the people of southern California, given your observation mpescatori of how people migrate to a local, if given the chance, democracy-wise, would vote to break away from the northern parts and the union itself and return to Mexico..... of course La Raza needs no vote, yet. It might seem far fetched to many, but goggle La Raza and see for yourself the desire by the radical members to get back what was once theirs.....
People of the USA are very ignorant, as you report, to many elements of the rest of the world, and how it works. When coupled with arrogance, it can become a dangerous mindset.....

That's a rather raw way of putting it.

Please bear in mind I studied 3rd-8th grade in the US and when I returned back "home" (I really really felt like "a stranger in my own home")
I realized all I had been studying was somehow confined between the Atlantic Coast and the Mississippi River,
except for Social Studies when we "miraculously" did a fast forward and learned about WW1.
Even then, it was "uh, Yoo-ropeans were battling it out and they sunk the Lusitania so we went in and helped the English and we won, hooray!"
Kinda limited way of telling it.

Indeed, in most cowboy films there's always some odd reference to "the Armenian Jew with a rugbag";
Funny, Armenians are among the most ancient Christians around and there's precious few Jews in Armenia at all!
And... nobody knew where Armenia was, I had to look it up in the encyclopiedia to find out - but only because my curiosity egged me to.

I finally saw the animation with the "border shift", unfortunately it's really really too fast, and often the borders appear to shift when it's really just a new dynasty taking over.

Still, I don't know about SoCal seceding from California, but... imagine... (imagine...you can! says a commercial with George Clooney)
Imagine if SoCal really DID vote to secede, not because there's anything to gain from it,
but because that would allow the... 60-odd% of the local population to reunite with the rest of their families just across the border...
...so the State of California looks it up in the State Constitution, and the US Federal Government looks it up in the Constitution of the United States, and
[imagine, it's all make believe]
and they all realize there's a loophole and a "chink" in the wording that actually allows Counties to secede from the State...

So nobody can do anything about it unless they want a new Civil War to ensue, and they agree that So.Cal. secedes from the State of California
BUT
the USNavy stationed in San Diego get to stay and keep all their "US privileges".

Considering it's all make believe, it's a valid assumption.

Now imagine that the USNavy crew and their families and all the local contractors and all the local businesses realize there's nothing to be gained by switching to the Peso (new local currency),
and demand to stay "American" and they take to the streets chanting "Wa-shing-ton!Wa-shing-ton!Wa-shing-ton!"

So riots break out until somebody decides the safest and most peaceful bet is to hold elections, and lo and behold, the "Loyalist Americans" win.

But the Mexican Provisional Administration cries FOUL! and the UN impose sanctions on Washington.

Crazy, isn't it ?

Imagine... you can...

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #46 - 03/19/14 at 16:57:25

Raw.....not really, if you take the definition as such:
lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned,
lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact.

I believe we have been sheltered from many of the things the effect so many others around the world. On a personal level I presently work with quite a few people who came from Asia. The stories they tell me of the strife and just surviving in a place where there was no sense of "fairness" (my word)  I still shake my head in disbelief for I have nothing to compare it to, or I am ignorant to the facts of that type of life  Grin  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #47 - 03/20/14 at 07:51:16

I saw a fun vid.... had a former Russian speaking about this topic. His take is that, in the end US needs Russia much more than the other way around. Pretty much that same things we have discussed here. He had nothing for the "nationalists".

Then he mentioned this little factoid: US military in Afghanistan... seems their pull back route is either through Russian territory (common, safe) or Pakistan (yeah not so good). Or we could try another Saigon (get another chopper!). Its just a wee factoid.. but yeah... really, lets not piss off Putin.

The more TV "news" I watch the more I equate them with really bad "reality TV".  My new fear is... do the politicians really believe whats on TV? Its crap!!!!!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #48 - 03/25/14 at 05:03:34

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
US natural gas could be the "whodunnit"
Reply #49 - 03/25/14 at 06:53:42

Let's look at things from a new, unusual perspective.

Saddam Hussein was a US protegè, until he started selling oil for Euros; the US$ was uneasy, and Iraq was delegitimized and Saddam "erased".

Muammar Qadafi was a soviet protegè, until he trained one terrorist too many, was bombed, and started playing nice guy.
But he too started selling oil  for Euros, and the US$ was uneasy, and Lybia was delegitimized, and Qadafi "erased".

The United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia are stinking rich with oil, but their human rights record stinks (only ones who still legalize human slavery)
and Islamic fundamentalism is actually funded by... you know...  Lips Sealed
So the US are uneasy, and someone might need to be... you know...  Lips Sealed

Then came Putin...

He too is selling natural gas to Europe for Euros, and the US aren't overwhelmingly happy.
The US tried plaing the "let's get the Ukraine to join NATO!" card, but it backfired.
The US backed Premier Yulia Timoshenko, an ethnic Ukrainian, and opposed Premier Viktor Yanukovich, an ethnic Russian.
What happened next were street protesters in numbers which varied and depended on nationality and political faction of the individual reporter.
I leave google surfing to you, but you understand what I mean: one man's million people is another man's 1000 stragglers...

Come the Crimea: the Crimea has been politically and ethnically russian ever since the 1st Crusade, and became Ukrainian only since 1917 to last month.
When the Ukraine petitioned the Soviet Government in Moscow for independence, one of the conditions was :
"OK, but the Soviet (russian) 5th Fleet gets to stay (in the Crimea)"
...because that's where it had always been ever since Czar Peter the Great, to battle against the very strong and expert Turkish Navy.

If Europe wag their "bad boy" finger at Putin, all he has to do is turn off the gas.
European reserves are good for 2-4 weeks, after which... never mind heating (it's april) but what about cooking ???  Tongue

Here cometh the Goode Olde United States to the rescue, says you: WE will sell you our gas !
Roll Eyes
Across the ocean? Bottled, in ships?
Huh
It'll be much more expensive, but we'll have no choice... like comparing bottled water to tap water ...

So, it's a WIN-WIN situation (to the US) :
- you get to sell american natural gas to Europe, and make money,
- you steal more and more of the market share of fossil fuels from the Middle East, and make money,
- you sell armaments to European Nations who see the Middle East swaying under stronger and stronger fundamentalism... because they're getting poorer... and make even more money...
... and we get to fight a war we never even asked for...  Lips Sealed

... OR ...

Europe realizes that the Crimea is a Russian-Ukrainian problem, sees no reason to escalate, and see no reason why the US should raise such a hornet's nest,
when it was the US in the first place who insisted "we" should all  internationally recognize Kosovo, or Croatia, or Slovenia, or Bosnia... as sovereign nations, independent from Yugoslavia...
...or why should Taiwan be independent from PRC...
...or why North and South Korea should not be united...
...and so on and so forth...

Regards,

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #50 - 03/25/14 at 08:32:43

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #51 - 03/25/14 at 16:27:49

Quote:
This gal is somethin else..

I read before they put her in jail, they fined her 500 million.  Although, I don't know the circumstances or politics.  One you guys on the other side of the pond please feel free to interject.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #52 - 03/26/14 at 08:08:10

So, youve been keeping up with Ukraine? Youd better be good at spotting lies & reading between the lines.. heres a 10 minute clip that lays it out nicely,.& points out lie after lie..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkfpGCAAuw#t=609

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #53 - 03/28/14 at 10:22:42

it's hard to keep up with the translation.. sorry, but I had no time..and I don't know what was said...but I can't understand and accept the reality in which representatives of neo-Nazis living in the Western part of Ukraine bullied on the veterans of world war 2.. I can understand the dislike these people to "Soviet power"..but why humiliate people who saved the ancestors of these young mothercrappity smackers(sorry to be so blunt) from the horrors of fascism? how can this be allowed? can of course emotions slightly overwhelmed me.. correct me if I said something not in the topic..

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #54 - 03/28/14 at 13:23:58

I have spent very little time on this site(for the past six months - or ever), so it may have been discussed at length. However, I was shocked two days ago when I saw a list of the richest people in the world, and Putin was right behind Bill Gates(I'm glad he lives in my state) at 70-some odd billion - yes that is with a "B".  Now how did he acquire that much wealth(Gee I don't know Beave - Gee Wally).

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #55 - 03/28/14 at 19:21:17

Of course, the Rothschild name was at the top o that list, right? NO??? Well,, the list isnt accurate then,

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #56 - 03/30/14 at 15:08:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/26/14 at 08:08:10:
So, youve been keeping up with Ukraine? Youd better be good at spotting lies & reading between the lines.. heres a 10 minute clip that lays it out nicely,.& points out lie after lie..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkfpGCAAuw#t=609

Thank you.

Now hear this, now hear this...

and for those who believe electronics and information technology are the future of warfare...

Roll Eyes

It's a long film, so sit back, get your popcorn and realize that "survivalist revolutionary" is an obsolete thing of the past...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #57 - 03/31/14 at 08:17:07

I heard they had a  full load of fuel. Thats unheard of.  I believe it was stolen, via remote control & everyone, pilots included, were killed by taking them up too high. I know about the communications switched off,, yea,, remote control switches installed below the flite deck,, no one would see them,. Big Boeings can be flown remotely,

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 03/31/14 at 10:20:29

wambr wrote on 03/28/14 at 10:22:42:
it's hard to keep up with the translation.. sorry, but I had no time..and I don't know what was said...but I can't understand and accept the reality in which representatives of neo-Nazis living in the Western part of Ukraine bullied on the veterans of world war 2.. I can understand the dislike these people to "Soviet power"..but why humiliate people who saved the ancestors of these young mothercrappity smackers(sorry to be so blunt) from the horrors of fascism? how can this be allowed? can of course emotions slightly overwhelmed me.. correct me if I said something not in the topic..

uHow far from the Ukraine are you located? I'd be interested to hear more of your opinion of what's going on and why? What does the average Russian citizen think about Putin, the Ukraine, the USA etc....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #59 - 03/31/14 at 10:26:28

And I want to know if you believe the vote in Crimea was a real vote or if the people felt forced to vote to go back to Russia. Ive heard it was a 98% Yes vote,Was that a real count? Were people threatened to Make them vote that way or did they REALLY want to go back under Russian rule? Your opinion would be appreciated,.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 00:17:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The Ukraine

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.