WWW   IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Re: The Ukraine
Reply #16 - 03/07/14 at 06:06:10

you guys wanted to hear from me as from the original source? hmm.. this is not just speak different languages. with difficulty translating and understanding the way you think.. in General of all the things that you've written here is all quite truthfully and correctly. I don't want to explain anything from areas of big politics-this could lead to worse in a corner and is unlikely to have a positive effect.. I just want scusate I don't like it. as communicate among themselves Ukrainians. I don't like. the fact that in Western Ukraine hate Russian and don't like Eastern Ukrainians(this objective is the sad truth. and I just don't know what you say and write your media). and even if I can recommend someone from Ukrainian leaders or ordinary people to settle relations with neo-nationalists, in any case it will be only and only my opinions. no obligation, to retaliatory action. Yes, I don't like their attitude and their views, but this is the internal affair of Ukraine and we have no right to impose their views. frankly I didn't understand what grew that the Ukrainian crisis...

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 03/07/14 at 09:12:01

from a brief report, boris was from ukrain, when elected, gave crimea to ukrain.
obviously, ussr liked to create division among states to keep them in discord.  This is more likely.  
What's funny to me is the crimea has their own parliament.  They're set up as 2 separate countries anyway.

WWW   IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #18 - 03/07/14 at 10:35:12

well, not quite so Versy... Nikita Khrushchev gave Crimea to Ukraine..although not the point.. I think that is more important than the desire of the people of Crimea to live... and news reports last time(in our media) say quite hard against neo-nationalists from the Western regions of Ukraine in respect to Russian-speaking residents. including in the Crimea.
this is reminiscent of Germany in 1933. or not?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #19 - 03/07/14 at 16:51:35

wambr wrote on 03/07/14 at 06:06:10:
frankly I didn't understand what grew that the Ukrainian crisis...

I suspect the genuine cause stems from decades of Soviet occupation and persecution.  The roots go back to 1932 & 1933 when the Soviets exercised the Holodomor or "Great Famine."  Estimates very but approximately 7 million people were starved to death during those years because they didn’t bend to the will of Soviets.  During WW2 many Ukraine’s fought alongside the Russians; however, many still remembered the purges of the early 30’s.  A nationalist group formed the Ukrainian Insurgent Army who fought the Soviets alongside the Nazis.  This has been in the making for three generations.  I’m surprised the western history books didn’t offer more regarding Soviet history considering we had the cold war for nearly 44 years.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #20 - 03/07/14 at 21:23:38

the Holodomor? it's just ideological scary tale that was born during the cold war... in 30-ies of the last century the hunger was not in Ukraine but all I have is on the banks of the Volga. I remember the stories from my grandmother. they took away almost all of that from the link in Ukraine. in the 1930s in Ukraine from Samara was sent 1257 wagons with grain. and in the Samara region were crop failures in 1921-1923, 1927-1931, 1934-1936. this is a historical fact. so the stories that "Muscovites" organized the Holodomor in Ukraine-full groundless nonsense, while severely "nested" in thoughts not quite knowledgeable people about that.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #21 - 03/07/14 at 23:56:54

I'm mad at Putin for "cutting off sales of Soviet era bulk 7.62x39 ammunition to the USA". One supplier stateside sold out of  several hundred thousand rounds in under 10 hours, on a rumor.

That caliber had just gotten back into the sales chain in almost tolerable numbers...

Anybody who still thinks the USD is worth the toilet paper it is printed on is in for a rude awakening. It has NO tangible backing, not precious metals, not petroleum, not timber, not even agricultural production. It is paper, period.

Putin compared Obama to playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon struts around the board, randomly knocking over pieces and sh**ting, and thinks he has won...

Crimea is of no strategic interest to the USA. Regardless of what the talking heads on the "telavivision" say.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #22 - 03/08/14 at 08:57:23

And, now, one small piece of advice.

Stay out of it.

Read the fine print.

Do your homework.

Investigate and research and see who's who in the political pantomime in the Ukraine.

Investigate and see when the Crimea became Russian, then Ukrainian, then Russian again, and why, and how (and no, it wasn't in 1932... and never mind Wikipedia)

Imagine that piece of Michigan inhabited by ethnic Wisonsinians declaring they want to be "Wisconsin"...

Remember the terrible tragedy of ethnic Albanians immigrating from Albania into Kosovo to "prove" to the West" (that means you guys) that "Kosova (with an "a") is Albanian, not Serbian...
...the tragedy being that that ethnicity which fought against and died against the Turks in 1389, a Serbian and Christian Alamo against the Muslim invaders, was betrayed by the Bible thumpers who won't read history.

Next thing you know, by your very own standards... someone might take another shot at Ft.Sumter...
...if you know what I mean...

Best regards,  Embarrassed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #23 - 03/08/14 at 15:35:47

wambr wrote on 03/07/14 at 21:23:38:
the Holodomor? it's just ideological scary tale that was born during the cold war... in 30-ies of the last century the hunger was not in Ukraine but all I have is on the banks of the Volga. I remember the stories from my grandmother. they took away almost all of that from the link in Ukraine. in the 1930s in Ukraine from Samara was sent 1257 wagons with grain. and in the Samara region were crop failures in 1921-1923, 1927-1931, 1934-1936. this is a historical fact.
so the stories that "Muscovites" organized the Holodomor in Ukraine-full groundless nonsense, while severely "nested" in thoughts not quite knowledgeable people about that.

Interesting, thanks for clarifying.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #24 - 03/08/14 at 21:05:49

not for nothing... Smiley
that's why I cannot understand the reason for the hostility of the Western Ukrainians to the East. after all, this is the one people. one country... they in General have nothing to share...

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #25 - 03/10/14 at 07:23:00

Best thread ever!

Thanks guys. I may not know anything about Russian history, but at least I get to hear from those that do, and can form an opinion on that. I am pretty sure, I am more knowledgeable on this than 99% of congress.

6"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.
Matt 24:6

America, needs to keep their overlong noses out of all this.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 03/16/14 at 15:41:02

If Russia went into the Philippines & said they didnt accept the outcome of a vote there & told us we needed to be out of there ":tomorrow", how would we respond?

We have exactly ZERO business in any of it.

A former military guy being interviewed said he see this as a HUGE distraction & an attempt at locking some of Russias troops down so we can go back & go after Syria & Iran.. The Global Elite are using Nato & our military once again,, We are heading for disaster & the potential for nukes is off the charts,,

http://www.testosteronepit.com/home/2014/3/15/kremlin-if-the-us-tries-to-hurt...

Excerpts

From the economic point of view, everyone should get ready for tough actions from Moscow. Sergei Glazyev, the most hardline of Putin’s advisors, sketched the retaliation strategy: Drop the dollar, sell US Treasuries, encourage Russian companies to default on their dollar-denominated debts, and create an alternative currency system (reference currency) with the BRICS and hydrocarbon producers like Venezuela and Iran.

Washington’s decision to release a minuscule 5 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve caused the price of oil to tank – a direct attack on the main revenue source of the Russian government, and a sign that Washington is willing to hit where it hurts the most [read a trader’s lament.... Commodity Markets Will Be Used As A Weapon Against The Putin Regime, Starting Now].

Russia instantly retaliated, it seems. Suddenly, there was a mysterious mega-plunge of $104.5 billion in US Treasuries held in custody by the Federal Reserve during the reporting week ended March 12. It brought the balance down to $2.86 trillion. These securities are owned by foreign countries. As of the US Treasury’s December statement, the most recent available, the Fed held $138.6 billion in Treasuries that belonged to Russia – down by $22.9 billion from a year earlier. The mega-plunge of $104.5 billion? No data is available yet to confirm these securities belonged to Russia. And if they did, it’s unlikely that Russia dumped them on the market, but it could have transferred them to another banking center, such as Luxemburg, to get them out of reach of the US government, and be able to dump them at an opportune moment.

“Why should we have dollar contracts with China, India, Turkey?” he said. “Why do we need this? We must have contracts in national currencies. And this applies to energy and other spheres.” The focus would be on Russian oil and gas companies. “They must be braver in signing contracts in rubles and the currencies of partner-countries,” he said. “I think now there is an additional impetus to finally finish this job.”

And the “currency reserve policy” would need some adjustment with maximum focus on “local currencies”; it was the normal way, he said. In Mândrăşescu’s analysis, Ulyukaev was outlining an attack on the petrodollar system and the enormous advantages it confers on the US, with the goal of creating parallel petro-currencies.

Links in the article, too

In short,, our dollar is a fragile thing and our foreign policy hasnt done anything to create friends. The post WWII deal that made our dollar so important is not looking like something we can depend on any more. When the rest of the world decides our dollars arent necessary for their international trade, those dollars they are currently using for trade will come home, creating an inflation rate that is gonna hurt us, real bad. Hell,, no worries,, we will start a war if that looks like its gonna happen,, So far, inside our national boundaries we havent seen the pain of warfare since before ICBMs & heavy bombers. That may not last..

Wanna hear what a Russian journalist says?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/16/ukraine-crisis-russia-kiselyov-idUS...

Links in article

Russia can turn US to radioactive ash - Kremlin-backed journalist

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:07pm EDT
0 Comments

inShare
   Share this
   Email
   Print