Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
A few more changes done... getting closer (Read 1542 times)
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Re: A few more changes done... getting closer
Reply #30 - 02/08/14 at 14:44:18

What is that tank?  Looks killer up there...  Whole thing looks like it's coming together nicely for you.

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #31 - 02/08/14 at 22:55:31

Smokestack wrote on 02/08/14 at 14:44:18:
What is that tank?  Looks killer up there...  Whole thing looks like it's coming together nicely for you.

The tank?  No idea, came out of the "to be shredded" pile at the last shop I worked for. Fits the stock frame swell like it was made for it.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #32 - 03/24/15 at 20:29:32

Pokey ended up donating the exhaust system, floorboards, rear fender and bracket, plus the headlight and stanchions, to the 2003 bike. Got the orange/cream build fired off and ---POOF--- entire electrical system is fragged beyond repair. Alternator spiked, reg/rec melted (literally oozed its contents out), harness looks like burnt pasta.

Oh well, the parts look better in black anyway. Took the 2003 for a shakedown run and it will be back on the road less a working speedometer in about 48 hours, 100% finished.

If you plan to cut up a Savage, have a running spare bike handy to swap all the good parts onto...  Grin Wasted 5 years trying to bring the orange bike back to life.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Reply #33 - 04/17/15 at 19:45:51

Are there any full retro rear fenders that will fit a savage?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #34 - 04/18/15 at 07:43:05

Neilap wrote on 04/17/15 at 19:45:51:
Are there any full retro rear fenders that will fit a savage?

Not "off the rack", you can fit just about anything if you don't mind finding or fabricating mounting brackets. Just make sure your donor fender came off a left side drive machine, not a Sportster, HD 45 flattie or Indian (real ones were right side drive).

Savages have 2 fatal flaws. I know you are a new member and new owner, so watch the cam chain tensioner, and try to keep the electrical system dry... The big black plug and relay at the rear of the tank can absorb water, and if it does, all kinds of ghosts start haunting the bike. Including one that is a pyromaniac.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Reply #35 - 05/06/15 at 23:30:06

Not "off the rack", you can fit just about anything if you don't mind finding or fabricating mounting brackets. Just make sure your donor fender came off a left side drive machine, not a Sportster, HD 45 flattie or Indian (real ones were right side drive).

Savages have 2 fatal flaws. I know you are a new member and new owner, so watch the cam chain tensioner, and try to keep the electrical system dry... The big black plug and relay at the rear of the tank can absorb water, and if it does, all kinds of ghosts start haunting the bike. Including one that is a pyromaniac. [/quote]

Ahh well i will keep an eye on that. More or less im tired of my legs and back getting soaked when riding on wet pavement (I look at the pantslegs of full front fender harleys and get jealous) and considering everything would need modified which id have to outsource due to a lack of facilities. Im partial to the streamlined look. What would be close to the dimensions without needing substantial amounts of modification

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:09:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › A few more changes done... getting closer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.