Local shop gets RE's! (Read 185 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Local shop gets RE's!
04/09/15 at 11:51:19

A few months back a local scooter store.... now a motorcycle repair and sales, mentioned getting some Royal Enfields in the future.
ITS THE FUTURE!

The 2014 was lowered in price.....

And then there was one with a wider bar set and a slightly bigger tank...and army green...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Local shop gets RE's!
Reply #1 - 04/09/15 at 12:02:31

You'd look good on either one.  Will it make it to Texas?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #2 - 04/10/15 at 05:56:47

That's badass!!

We recently got an Indian Dealer locally...I don't know if a bunch of thumper-heads would be too excited about that though. Or would y'all?  Huh They used to just be a used bike dealer specializing in Harley's.

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #3 - 04/10/15 at 10:32:26

Indians are cool...except that aborted attempt to make Indians by rebaging Harleys a while back

IP Logged
spearheadss

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wylie, TX
Reply #4 - 04/10/15 at 10:35:53

I'd be all over that green one.

2001 Suzuki Savage. Screaming Eagle exhaust. Raptor Petcock. Routy's Forward Controls. 150 Main and 50 pilot.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #5 - 04/12/15 at 04:49:30

Hey Old Rider now that I've had my RE for a bit and logged some miles on her let me fill you in on my experience so far.

PROS:
*Beautiful machine that will turn heads anywhere you go, expect to get into conversations at least every other time you park and sometimes at lights with people wanting to know about your bike.
*It is a fine handling machine, I'm lucky enough to have an ample number of twisty roads around here and it is a joy on the RE C5.
*The ergonomics are a near perfect fit for my 5'8"/30" inseam, I can just plant both feet flat footed (I wouldn't mind the seat slightly lower, but it's not an issue)
*The current Royal Enfields are a world better in quality/fit & finish. Not just being the UCE engines, but every year since they switched over to UCE in 2009 the build quality has drastically improved.
*A great forum for support (not Awsome like SuzukiSavage.com, but an informative active forum)
*Even if you don't live near a dealer, the importer will work with you if you plan on wrenching and doing your own maintenance/warranty work.

Cons:
*Slow break in procedure, luckily I have lots of lower speed fun twisties near the homestead.
*Messiest oil change procedure I've ever had to endure, I'm sure I'll figure out a better routine but man what a pain LOL.
*The vibration isn't anything like the Cast Iron older Bullets, but the more the engine gets broken in the noisier it gets (Yup that's normal)
*The brakes are adequate, but if you are one of the people who don't like the LS650 brakes you definitely will not like the Royal's brakes unless you get the Continental GT which sports front and rear disk brakes  (Brembo up front)
*I haven't finished the break in period yet on the RE, but I love jumping back on the LS650 and enjoy all that torque!  The RE C5 is definitely a 2 lane curvy country road leisure rider, which is less at home on the Interstate then the LS650.

All in all I love both the RE C5 and my LS650 for different reasons, my goal is to figure a way to get the Wifey to let me keep both HA HA HA

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #6 - 04/12/15 at 08:36:14

Nice write up, who'da thunk it'd be less freeway friendly than the S40?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 04/12/15 at 22:21:45

Do they have Freeways in India ?  Grin

seriously --- what is the high speed cruse speed ?  Huh     ,   I like the way it looks but  I also  like the looks of the Suzuki 250 single too !  

so many cool looking bikes but I can only have two !  Undecided

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 04/12/15 at 22:40:46

I'd get some real miles on the RE before I made it my only ride.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #9 - 04/13/15 at 00:05:45

Haha +1 on the messy oil change! 4 places where oil comes out just to do oil and filter. And the most stupidest oil level check procedure I have ever come across! But, like you say, a good back roads cruiser. Mine's broken in and comfortable at 65-70 mph and tops out at 90 on a good day.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #10 - 04/13/15 at 05:44:14

Well, the guy there told me I could take the black one out for a test ride. I might go back and do just that, and see what it feels like at high speeds..... of 70...... LOL Smiley
He liked my savage, maybe I could sell it to him.... naw.... Cool

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #11 - 04/13/15 at 06:11:42

70.... LOL  Smiley
If you want fast, you can get a lot more bike for the same money...
Problem with test riding a new enfield is they shake like a dog sh.tting razor blades. Popular opinion is that when they have a few thousand on them then they become smoother. Mine sure did. Wonder if he has a properly run in one you could ide instead?

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #12 - 04/14/15 at 17:23:25

MMRanch wrote on 04/12/15 at 22:21:45:
Do they have Freeways in India ?  Grin

yea they have freeways in India,  but in most regions 2 wheelers aren't permitted. Typically bikes don't regularly get over 50Mph, typically 35Mph around town.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
dustystranger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 05/06/15 at 20:54:55

I have a 2008 RE avl in the classic style frame.  Silver City, NM has a nice 150 mile loop where 20% is 55mph and the rest is 30 mph!  My Sunday ride takes 5 hours.  So yeah the RE is a dream.  But is it any better than my Savage?  No not really.  I never bother with the freeway so my Savage is the best road bike I have ever owned.  KLR, DR, SR, RE, XL, I have owned them all.  But I gotta say that my Savage is my favorite.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #14 - 05/07/15 at 11:02:07

The Savage can zip across town, and because it's so torquey, the cops aren't hearing a motor screaming
Come give me a ticket.
Another reason to have a pleasantly tuned exhaust. Some low pitched rumbling and growling at decel, just sounds like someone riding a bike to people around. But if you can count the power strokes from two blocks away, you're gonna get attention you may not want. I EARNED a ticket or twenty every time I rode, but the bike didn't get anyone's attention. Naturally, when I Saw a cop, id chill, and one day a bike cop gave me the palm down wave, slow down, but, being a cruiser style, I. Don't Look like im racing, and he didn't bother me.. four lane, with turn lane, I think that the limit might be a bit low,   but what do I know?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 23:36:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Local shop gets RE's!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.